U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala
 [Register]
Ocala Marion County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2014, 07:50 AM

260 posts, read 770,246 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontaskwhy View Post
Absolute garbage. I doubt you have been here very long, if at all.
Your a realtor. It's your job to sell the area. I lived there for 15 years. Unless you want to do things in Ocala you have make a long drive. If you want small town living move 75 to 100 miles south inland and you will find more to do within 30 to 40 miles from your home. Many more festivals, beaches, amusment parks much closer. The bike path, park and river is pretty much the same thing every time. Not to mention better job opportunities. It's really easy to figure out. Pinpoint Lakeland and circle a 30 mile radius. You have so many more choices of places to live and work. If you find yourself in a job you don't like it's much easier to find another one. Many more choices of where to live in different size towns. I was lucky to have a good paying job in Ocala but to replace that job was almost impossible unless I wanted to drive a long way. You doubted wrong about me I have been in Ocala and it was a very long time I was there and when I look back on it, it was not a good choice. If you only want a few choices live live in Ocala, if you want many choices look elsewhere. That includes shopping, jobs and entertainment.
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2014, 09:45 AM

113 posts, read 161,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by planthappy View Post
Your a realtor. It's your job to sell the area. I lived there for 15 years. Unless you want to do things in Ocala you have make a long drive. If you want small town living move 75 to 100 miles south inland and you will find more to do within 30 to 40 miles from your home. Many more festivals, beaches, amusment parks much closer. The bike path, park and river is pretty much the same thing every time. Not to mention better job opportunities. It's really easy to figure out. Pinpoint Lakeland and circle a 30 mile radius. You have so many more choices of places to live and work. If you find yourself in a job you don't like it's much easier to find another one. Many more choices of where to live in different size towns. I was lucky to have a good paying job in Ocala but to replace that job was almost impossible unless I wanted to drive a long way. You doubted wrong about me I have been in Ocala and it was a very long time I was there and when I look back on it, it was not a good choice. If you only want a few choices live live in Ocala, if you want many choices look elsewhere. That includes shopping, jobs and entertainment.
I lived there for 25 years. I liked it. Met great people and had a great time. I wouldn't mind of I came back.
And I know you weren't talking to me, but I'm not a realtor.

Old 06-25-2014, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblack86 View Post
I lived there for 25 years. I liked it. Met great people and had a great time. I wouldn't mind of I came back.
And I know you weren't talking to me, but I'm not a realtor.
I appreciate your comment. I met great people and had great times but the area is isolated and I felt trapped there after a while. I was wrong not to post my reasons why in my first comment and realized that when dontaskwhy implied I was lying. So I have explained how I feel about the area. Its only my opinion but I wish someone would have pointed that out to me before I moved there.

Old 06-26-2014, 05:37 AM

3,123 posts, read 5,776,394 times
Quote:
Your a realtor. It's your job to sell the area. I lived there for 15 years.
I have lived in Ocala since 1980, long before becoming a Realtor. I was speaking from personal experience. Ocala has some bad aspects, but I feel the area is very nice and am a glad to live here. No city is perfect. While salaries may be lower here, the cost of living is also cheaper.

Old 06-27-2014, 06:50 AM

3 posts, read 12,533 times
I would say, the disgruntled FF/EDG is more upset about his (well known throughout the state) crappy pay. There seems to be a disturbing high turnover within the fire serv. in the tri county area over here and they are known for being broke and bitter. I lived in Palm Coast for 5 years, Bunnell is the unwanted step child riddled with dealers and thugs over there. Every town has an area that puts a bad taste in the mouth....ever visit 13th street in Sanford?? Oi!

There is PLENTY to do here with kids. If you say otherwise, you just don't want to spend time with yours. I live in an established older hood - as one pointed out...the bible silver belt. It's choppy, in places, especially Bonnie Heath to 25th, but we simply keep to ourselves and don't do anything to invite trouble. It's all about perception. For every 10 houses in my hood that are well maintained, there is one that needs to be gutted. We don't do neighborhood bbq's so it doesn't affect us. We mind our own bidness.

We like to visit neighboring towns, Pine Island, Tarpon Springs, St. Augustine, Jax, Orlando, etc., etc. Our livelihood, our family, our existence is NOT Ocala....we simply live here. I can deal with the hypocritical bible thumping country folk, I ignore the overly pretentious, self entitled, super rich horse lovers <-----they are not relevant. Ppl w/out transportation cluster/live close to the minimum wage jobs - it is what it is. It's still a nice town, centrally located, the ppl are pleasant for the most part, much more to do in close proximity for families than most places. And Dude....I think MTv needs to go back to the old days, videos and vjs'...I do miss me some WHAM.

To take from Zig Zigler - If you left your old town hating your job, your neighbors, the town, etc., etc....it will be the same here. Change your attitude to Gratitude...

Old 06-27-2014, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontaskwhy View Post
I have lived in Ocala since 1980, long before becoming a Realtor. I was speaking from personal experience. Ocala has some bad aspects, but I feel the area is very nice and am a glad to live here. No city is perfect. While salaries may be lower here, the cost of living is also cheaper.
I could care less how long you have lived here. What Realtor do you work for?

Old 06-28-2014, 06:28 PM

3,123 posts, read 5,776,394 times
Quote:
I could care less how long you have lived here. What Realtor do you work for?
That is irrelevant. My experience as a realtor has no influence on my opinion of the Ocala area. I live and work here because I like the community. Are you looking for a realtor ??

Old 07-04-2014, 06:33 AM

3 posts, read 12,533 times
I think Planthappy needs to smoke some Happy Plants and chill out...so disgruntled. Did you say, you used to live here...you have since moved on? Whew!

Old 07-09-2014, 02:22 AM

2 posts, read 6,887 times
Hi Gang

I'm 66 looking to retire from the City Of Philadelphia to simple clean country living, yet close enough to hospitals and shopping. I don't get wrapped up in politics. I have friends on both sides of the fence.

Ocala @ Spanish Oaks looks very affordable, since I have simple tastes and patience in traffic.

It seems Ocala might be a little cooler than the Tampa area during those hot summer months.

Old 07-09-2014, 09:57 AM

3,276 posts, read 3,405,746 times
Definitely cooler than Tampa.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or