U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala
 [Register]
Ocala Marion County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2014, 08:16 AM

23 posts, read 32,618 times

Advertisements

We would like to move out from New port Richey ( Florida ). To a 55-plus community Ocala are ( Marion county ). Our Price range of between $ 100 K- $140 K We are looking for friendly nice community Not to far from shopping Hospital etc. Thank you very much
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2014, 08:21 AM

3,119 posts, read 5,745,422 times
I suggest you focus on the SW Hwy 200 corridor.

Old 02-12-2014, 07:48 AM

3,276 posts, read 3,390,757 times
Lots to choose from in the ocala area. Even the villages has homes in your price range

Old 02-12-2014, 08:42 AM

3,119 posts, read 5,745,422 times
In Ocala, check On Top of The World, Pine Rune, Oak Run, Stone Creek, Spruce Creek South to name a few. There are many 55+ communities close to that area.

Old 02-26-2014, 08:03 PM

29 posts, read 39,109 times
Lulu, I think you will be happy in Ocala and there are tons of 55+ active communities here. I live in On Top of the World. It has three manned gatehouses so safety is no concern to me. There are two supermarkets close by. There are 3 pools (one enclosed) and 3 golf courses. There are so many activities and classes you can participate in if you choose. I have wonderful neighbors and feel very safe and comfortable here. Depending on what your wants/needs are your $$$ toward a dwelling will go a long way. If you to a search you will find lots of info.

I live in a 2 BR, 2 BA 1-1/2 car garage villa. I have a Florida room and a screened porch plus another area under roof for grilling. I have almost 1300 sf, two walk-in closets and a wonderfully large kitchen. It is actually almost too large for only one person. I plan to put mine on the market since my husband died last Fall and my health isn't so great right now. I will be moving to Pinellas Co. where I have my daughter and also two sisters--three if you count the one who spends winters there.

Ocala has just about everything a much larger city has as far as shopping and dining goes. We have two good hospitals and lots of doctors (probably because Ocala has so many retirement communities. I hate to move away but know I need to.

Good luck with your search. I think you're headed in the right direction for sure.

Old 02-27-2014, 07:47 AM

409 posts, read 400,108 times
Stonecrest is a 55+ community in Summerfield, Florida that offers new and resale homes. This active adult community is slated to have 2,200 homes among the rolling hills in Marion County. There are a wide variety of floor plan options from which to choose.
Stonecrest is an amenity-rich community that lets homeowners live a carefree existence. Living next to neighbors who share the same hobbies and interests lets residents live a social and active lifestyle. Residents are also close to stores, restaurants, medical facilities and entertainment making this an ideal active adult community in Central Florida.

Old 02-28-2014, 03:27 PM

3,276 posts, read 3,390,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emanon13 View Post
Stonecrest is a 55+ community in Summerfield, Florida that offers new and resale homes. This active adult community is slated to have 2,200 homes among the rolling hills in Marion County. There are a wide variety of floor plan options from which to choose.
Stonecrest is an amenity-rich community that lets homeowners live a carefree existence. Living next to neighbors who share the same hobbies and interests lets residents live a social and active lifestyle. Residents are also close to stores, restaurants, medical facilities and entertainment making this an ideal active adult community in Central Florida.
It is very similar to The Villages

Old 03-04-2014, 02:50 PM

392 posts, read 438,472 times
Lots of 55+ communities. I own two rental houses in Pine Run, but explored many of them before settling on those homes.

You just have to watch those HOA fees. Pine Run is $86 a month and includes trash pickup and basic cable TV along with use of the amenities.

On Top of the World is over $400 a month and you still have to pay for golf.

Your other consideration is what electric company services the community. SECO has the cheapest rates in Ocala. I wouldn't buy a home out of their service area.

Good luck in your search!

Old 03-05-2014, 03:02 PM

3,827 posts, read 3,132,132 times
On Top of The World can be confusing. Think of it as several different communities at different price points sharing some amenities.

Old 03-05-2014, 04:53 PM

29 posts, read 39,109 times
I lice in OTOW and my HOA fees are $317.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or