U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala
 [Register]
Ocala Marion County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2014, 08:07 AM

3 posts, read 6,750 times

Advertisements

Looking at buying a home in Rainbow Acres Subdivision, on SW 71 Pl, in Dunnellon.
Are there any Deed Restrictions for this Subdivision like there are in
other parts of Dunnellon?
Phonelady1279
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2014, 08:49 AM

3,078 posts, read 5,618,352 times
I looked up homes in the same community. Hard to say for certain if there are any deed restrictions, but there is no Homeowner's Association in that community. Not likely that there are any deed restrictions. I would hope that you are using a realtor who could verify. Have you made a contract offer yet ?? Any deed restrictions would need to be disclosed prior to closing.

Old 06-07-2014, 12:58 PM

3 posts, read 6,750 times
Thank you for getting back to me. Yes, am working with a
great Realtor, Angela Toscano of Re/Max Premier in Ocala.

We did finally get a copy of the Deed Restrictions but they
had expired 1990. They weren't bad at all though even if
they were current.

We made offer on home and it was my "dream home", but
when we got it surveyed, the fence was 2.5 ft. on the
neighbor's property and hubby was upset and we walked
away. Too bad. LOVED THIS HOME!!! It will sell right
away as it's priced right!
phonelady

Old 06-07-2014, 06:48 PM

383 posts, read 615,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phonelady1279 View Post
Thank you for getting back to me. Yes, am working with a
great Realtor, Angela Toscano of Re/Max Premier in Ocala.

We did finally get a copy of the Deed Restrictions but they
had expired 1990. They weren't bad at all though even if
they were current.

We made offer on home and it was my "dream home", but
when we got it surveyed, the fence was 2.5 ft. on the
neighbor's property and hubby was upset and we walked
away. Too bad. LOVED THIS HOME!!! It will sell right
away as it's priced right!
phonelady
Welcome to Marion County. I fell in love with a house a few years ago myself. Survey showed house built into the utility easement. While the utilities were willing to give the house a pass, they would NOT assume responsibility for any damage done to the house, foundation, air conditioner, or landscaping if they needed to utilize that easement. Between that and the undisclosed need for flood insurance, I walked.

I am sorry you had to find out why I am sooooooo adamant about verifying everything, and sincerely hope you find your new home soon. Perhaps the seller will offer a suitable concession.

Old 05-31-2016, 01:38 PM

1 posts, read 1,045 times
Default Dunnellen, ocala

Hello,
I live in Ft. Myers and want to move to SW Ocala or Dunnellon. I have been trying to get information on whether it is a flood plain (for Ins. purposes).

Also, how does one contact the water department to have the well checked? I spent all afternoon trying to contact someone at city hall, but to no avail!

Hoping some one living in the area can give me some info. on water inspections, and HO inspectors.

Thanks so much.

Erma

Old 05-31-2016, 02:37 PM

383 posts, read 615,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by E. Trotter View Post
Hello,
I live in Ft. Myers and want to move to SW Ocala or Dunnellon. I have been trying to get information on whether it is a flood plain (for Ins. purposes).

Also, how does one contact the water department to have the well checked? I spent all afternoon trying to contact someone at city hall, but to no avail!

Hoping some one living in the area can give me some info. on water inspections, and HO inspectors.

Thanks so much.

Erma
To determine flood zones, you can check with FEMA with an exact address or you can do the following:

Go to the Marion County Property Appraisors website.
Search for a property by owner name or address.
You will see an option called " Map It "
Click on the hyperlink. Give it time to load.
On the right side, you will see a tab called " Layers ". Click it.
Scroll down and check the box for FEMA flood zone by parcel.
Scroll down to click " Update "

That's all there is to it. As you will see, there is a lot of info to be had.

If you have a well on the property, chances are you are in the county..not a city proper. You would call Marion County Utilities. They may or may not be able to tell you much depending on when and how the well was drilled. You can try to check the permit, if one was issued, but even that is a hit or miss. Ask the owner for any info they may have....and then verify. Honestly though, if you have a private well, the county doesn't get involved with water issues. You be on your own unless you wanna drill another one and decide to tell them. By any chance, did you check to see if you had a septic tank? You probably do if you have a well for drinking water.

Old 05-31-2016, 06:06 PM

3,656 posts, read 2,950,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by E. Trotter View Post
Hello,

Thanks so much.

Erma
Age? over under 55.

Look along rt 200.

How much property do you want?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala