Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala
 [Register]
Ocala Marion County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2014, 10:54 AM

3,113 posts, read 5,019,704 times

Advertisements

We are planning an exploratory trip to roughly the triangle made by Ocala, Dunnellon and Mt Dora. I would like to receive via direct message realtor recommendations for a realtor who either is gluten free or knows the gluten free restaurants, hotels, and grocery store resources in the area. If you are a realtor but are not familiar with this niche market please check with your firm to recommend someone that is, instead of yourself.

If there is anyone reading this who is familiar and can provide recommendations on gluten free resources I would love to hear from you also. We will be looking for a property on the water withing 5-10 min. of a grocery store with good gluten free offerings. If there are any areas that have a better concentration of gluten free accommodating restaurants we would love to know those also so we can concentrate our search on those areas. Our budget is up to $450K. We are OK with any age of home but prefer to not be in an HOA unless the home has an RV garage, boat garage etc so we can keep our toys at home. We need to be able to have a fenced yard for dogs. We are not eligible for age restricted communities. The most important thing will be the location on the water and it's access to grocery stores, restaurants and hiking trails.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2014, 04:43 PM

1 posts, read 1,750 times
There are many options for gluten free living here in ocala. The farm market is a great resource for at home dining and Publix has a wide selection of gluten free products. Anything you can't find there you can find at earth origins. As far as dining out Mojo's is a must! Not only do they have an entire gluten free menu, but they have live music and many events. Betty cakes has gf cupcakes. Carrabas, Olive Garden, blue highway, dominos pizza even has a small gf pizza.... I am drawing a blank on more but I know there are several more. My daughter has celiac disease, so we usually go to one of these places. Walmart has gf frozen Amy's meals as well for a quick meal when you're busy.

Can't help you with the rest, but I hope this helps...

Old 07-04-2014, 11:02 PM

175 posts, read 405,247 times
Default Mic111 gluten free restaurant list

Just in case you do not have this- saying 'gluten free' sadly means you just order 'without bread', which is NOT gluten free in my humble opinion.

..Gluten Free Guide HQ - Gluten Free Restaurant Menus, Dining Tips, and More

Old 07-19-2014, 07:48 PM

3,113 posts, read 5,019,704 times
Thanks for the replies. We are continuing our research and every little bit helps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala
View detailed profiles of: