U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala
 [Register]
Ocala Marion County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2017, 11:06 AM

1 posts, read 483 times

Advertisements

Don't know if ya'll found a home yet, but Inverness, Florida is just beautiful. Nice town, not too big, not too small. Just an hour away from airport. Check out this MLS listing #756389.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2017, 05:53 PM

3,839 posts, read 3,144,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dax13 View Post
I appreciate the link. Gave me (and others) a nice, informative view into how OTOW operates. Not trying to nitpick, but a few things caught my eye while reading the OTOW newsletter. I am not sure I would like having my landscaping and outdoor furniture choices dictated to me. I also gather that Brighthouse cable is not available, so reliance on spotty satellite is the only option when the developer closes down his Dish franchise. Also, can you tell us what the HOA fees are for Indigo East? There are things going on at OTOW like concerts, farmers' markets, restaurants, shows, and Master The Possibility classes that I have enjoyed at little to no additional cost as a non-resident. I don't think the premium cost of being a resident is worth it. But then, I am not looking for a more "social" lifestyle.

Again.....that's just my opinion.
I think you understand pretty good. Look at OTOTW as several communities. Indigo is probably inexpensive and I think they have almost 300 more homes to go to it is built out.

Not sure about the landscaping. I would have though you had to do that your self. There are communities in OTOTW that do all outside maintenance.

Yes what can be seen from the street has to meet HOA requirements.

Their are several TV and internet co's. They vary by community so if this is important spend some time making sure you will be satisfied. You will not lose the satellite TV very often.

Do not know the HOA fee but I think it is under 200. Maybe a lot closer to 100. But if you want to use the OTOTW facilities you have to pay a much higher fee. Might want to consider one of the other OTOTW communities.

If you can it would be best to see a sales person and take the 3 day "stay vacation".

Old 08-03-2017, 09:51 AM

49 posts, read 41,415 times
Did you find your forever home? I have a 3/2 home on 5 ac built in 81. Concrete block construction. 2 two car detached garages.all have new roofs and freshly painted. No pool however but room for one if it is important to you. In area of 2.5 ac parcels on paved road with cable and fiber optic just run on the street.

Old 08-03-2017, 12:32 PM

3,839 posts, read 3,144,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMartianChick View Post
On Top Of The World was near the top of our list based upon purchase price and the square footage of the homes. I got a peek at the rules and regulations a couple of months ago and was afraid that my husband and I would frequently be at odds (with each other and the HOA!) We probably will take advantage of some of the things that are offered within the community, as long as residency isn't a requirement. The HOA fees that we saw are much higher than we really want to pay. I've seen quotes of around $350/month. The concept of an HOA is quite foreign to folks in my area of Central NY. I can't imagine paying half of a "rent" payment plus taxes for a property with no mortgage.
The fees vary by which part of the complex you are in. Best to talk to a salesperson. The higher fees include your outside maintenance, with the exception (?) of roof replacement. The lower the HOA fee the more work you do yourself or hire others to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala