U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala
 [Register]
Ocala Marion County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 08:29 PM

1 posts, read 5,050 times
I have to laugh at the people trying to paint Marion oaks as like some kind of mini east L.A., I just rented a house there for $600 a month; here in Manchester NH i am paying $1000 a month for the third floor of a 70 year old firetrap. In the year I've lived here I have called 911 about 8 times, had drunks on my porch, the basement storage robbed, fights behind and in front, wild noisy parties all along the street, and have had to breathe the cigarette smoke of the other two apartments rising up into mine. Before Manchester I lived in Boston. FFS go live in a real city before you start whining about Ocala. Can't wait to move in...a big house and nice yard....As far as crime, well, I have a gun permit in NH and will get one in Florida. Come in uninvited and get shot. I trust the jury to make the right decision.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2009, 08:35 AM

1,259 posts, read 1,524,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof3heatherns View Post
the main reason I won't move to Marion Oaks is because I like having an acre or more to myself...
The same goes for us -- that's why we just bought in Dunnellon.

Old 09-27-2009, 10:11 PM

4 posts, read 11,316 times
she must be an a$$. trash pick up? florida highlands recycle center is off of 484 west. signs are on side of road.

Old 09-28-2009, 05:15 AM

1,259 posts, read 1,524,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvelynJose View Post
she must be an a$$. trash pick up? florida highlands recycle center is off of 484 west. signs are on side of road.
So if someone wants to have their trash picked up instead of hauling it to the dump themselves, they're a synonym for a donkey? Give me a break.

Old 09-28-2009, 03:00 PM

27 posts, read 40,301 times
Ocala Fl. has its own special breed, bored and impatient. If you want to challenge these players, get in the race, otherwise, step aside, let them poison each other.

Old 10-03-2009, 07:32 PM

14 posts, read 26,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prboxer3264 View Post
well, the south side is where the community center and the winn dixie is at. that part of marion oaks is not a ghetto but a rather a beautiful place to a certain extent. but like they say looks can be deceiving. that side of marion oaks has up to date, the highest crime rate in marion county. it is also in the top ten in highest crime rate in central florida.
I don't believe that for a second please provide proof.

Old 10-10-2009, 10:12 AM

4 posts, read 15,310 times
Default moving to Marion Oaks

Hi, we are moving to Marion Oaks in January 2010. I would like to know if it floods anywhere in the section of Marion Oaks south of Rt 484?
How far away is any river, creek or any body of water that would cause flooding. Do those retention ponds flood when it rains a lot? Enough to damage homes? Thanks for any info!

Old 12-16-2009, 10:09 AM

19 posts, read 39,376 times
I moved here from the shores, I live about 4.2 miles from the marion oaks waterfall on the south side, i was able to buy my son a very large new home 4/2/2 that was 300K built in 2006 in perfect condition for 87K cash have been there now 3 months, it is very peaceful and quiet, no problems at all I am also buying many little homes near the front of the area for 25-30K a pop, great rental income.

Old 12-16-2009, 10:10 AM

19 posts, read 39,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee7 View Post
Hi, we are moving to Marion Oaks in January 2010. I would like to know if it floods anywhere in the section of Marion Oaks south of Rt 484?
How far away is any river, creek or any body of water that would cause flooding. Do those retention ponds flood when it rains a lot? Enough to damage homes? Thanks for any info!
No flooding but watch out for tornados, they are conmon here .....

Old 09-08-2010, 03:57 PM

1 posts, read 3,789 times
Marion Oaks South is overpopulated and very "colorful". Sunrise elem. is very overpopulated and that's why a new school is being built on the North side of 484. There is crime and most of the crimes are destruction of property and theft. There are hundreds of empty homes in Marion Oaks, North and South. Most are foreclosures and abandoned homes. Marion Oaks is one of the oldest neighborhoods in Marion County. Fifteen years ago there was no North and South Marion Oaks. There was nothing on the North side of 484, just woods and some dirt roads. The most well traveled dirt road is now 49th ave. I lived off of that road, near Marion Oaks for 21 years and went to the sunrise elem. I grew up there and I rode my bike to school every single day. My mom worked at the one and only dentist office for 22 years. I remember when there was no stores! When win-dixie was built it was like a dream come true! I always felt like it was a great place to grow up. Everyone was like family. Like anywhere else it matters how you treat someone. The people that have lived in Marion Oaks for so long probably have a feeling of intrusion on newcomers because they're seeing a lot of change and its not what they're used to. They probably feel like they were there first and you should be respectful and friendly to them and introduce yourself first. I'm looking at buying a house on the North side of 484 in the near future and I can't wait to be closer to friends and hope to make more! p.s. i am a white girl
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala