Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala
 [Register]
Ocala Marion County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2008, 05:13 PM

36 posts, read 131,751 times

Advertisements

What are the best areas in Ocala and the best school's? I'm a mom looking for a good elementary school program and a good family oriented area in the Ocala - Marion area? Any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2008, 05:50 PM

53 posts, read 52,326 times
Default Hi there

I would certainly recommend Ocala. I have friends who live there and although i couldnt advise about schools as their children are all grown up, it is a nice area. What specifically are you looking for in terms of size, buying or renting, close to anything in particular?

Old 02-28-2008, 10:55 PM

36 posts, read 131,751 times
We are comparing OCala and lets see SW Florida(sub tropic weather) at this point. We are looking to buy a 2nd property or leasing a home. We are just getting info on the areas

Old 03-22-2008, 05:21 PM

71 posts, read 326,366 times
34476 is the best area code. Everything is new and new stores are going up.

Old 03-22-2008, 05:38 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,983,411 times
you must be talking about the new mall, drove down that way this afternoon, jeez, the traffic was awful!!!!
Its such a pity that they took all those beautiful horse farms, and just bulldozed and paved over them, and didnt even spare the trees, it really looks like every other suburban strip mall road noad, ugly!

Old 03-22-2008, 05:39 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,983,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miamigirl0416 View Post
What are the best areas in Ocala and the best school's? I'm a mom looking for a good elementary school program and a good family oriented area in the Ocala - Marion area? Any suggestions?
as far as schools, I would look in the SE section of Ocala, thats where the better schools are located.

Old 07-29-2008, 07:46 AM

1 posts, read 5,461 times
Default More info on Ocala

Hi everyone,

This is the first time I've posted anything like this but from what I've been reading it looks like there are alot of helpful people out there. My family and I are looking to relocate to Ocala from Southern PA and I'm looking for any additional info I can find. We are in the country and love that but yet I want to be a little closer to shopping and the BEACH!! but still definately in the country. We are trying to find homes for rent and info on the east side of Ocala as close to the Forest as we can get. I would actually like to be on the east side of the National Forest around the town Astor but I have not found anything about that area. We have 3 children 18,16, & 11 so of course we are looking for good schools and nice family neighborhoods. I'm not concerned to much about driving for work considering now my husband and I both drive an hour through back roads to get to our jobs. So any info you can give me on areas around the Forest would be great!! Thanks

Old 07-29-2008, 03:17 PM

1,233 posts, read 2,824,608 times
I'm sixteen, so I should be able to give you some help when it comes to school locations.

I'd say try somewhere along 7th St., or 314, before it crosses the Ocklawaha River. Trust me, once you go past the Ocklawaha, you're in trouble, because that is in the zone for the worst schools in the county - I live out here! South 314 is zoned for Forest High, which has a new campus and is one of the best in the county. 7th St. goes to Vanguard, which isn't too shabby either. I'm pretty sure that both of those areas are zoned for Ft. King Middle, which is a great middle school.

These areas are right outside of the Ocala National Forest, so you'll have deer in your backyards, and Ormond Beach is only an hour away down SR 40. Hope that helps!

Old 09-06-2008, 11:34 AM

41 posts, read 215,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks824 View Post
Hi everyone,

This is the first time I've posted anything like this but from what I've been reading it looks like there are alot of helpful people out there. My family and I are looking to relocate to Ocala from Southern PA and I'm looking for any additional info I can find. We are in the country and love that but yet I want to be a little closer to shopping and the BEACH!! but still definately in the country. We are trying to find homes for rent and info on the east side of Ocala as close to the Forest as we can get. I would actually like to be on the east side of the National Forest around the town Astor but I have not found anything about that area. We have 3 children 18,16, & 11 so of course we are looking for good schools and nice family neighborhoods. I'm not concerned to much about driving for work considering now my husband and I both drive an hour through back roads to get to our jobs. So any info you can give me on areas around the Forest would be great!! Thanks
Here is a site that will help with Astor (Astor Florida on the St Johns River area online Information, Businesses, Relocation Guide, Events Calendar, History). There isn't much out in that area because Astor is small city.

Old 06-23-2009, 09:00 AM

1 posts, read 4,249 times
Eighth Street Elementary in downtown Ocala is the best! The education is top of the line and the children there are well behaved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala