Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala
 [Register]
Ocala Marion County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2018, 03:43 AM

529 posts, read 1,174,429 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarc View Post
Is it just me, or is there more rain in the winter months here than in the summer?
I'm not too sure about that. I know we had rain almost every day in June.
It was wet enough that I made a fortune selling snorkels to squirrels.
Unfortunately, they pay in acorns.

Got nuts?
Dax
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2018, 05:34 AM

5,687 posts, read 7,181,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dax13 View Post
I'm not too sure about that. I know we had rain almost every day in June.
It was wet enough that I made a fortune selling snorkels to squirrels.
Unfortunately, they pay in acorns.

Got nuts?
Dax
Lol, if my area is any measure, you have lots of customers.

Old 12-04-2018, 06:22 AM

3,236 posts, read 3,192,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarc View Post
Is it just me, or is there more rain in the winter months here than in the summer?
We're now starting our 4th year up in Gainesville & I can't recall a fall/winter as wet (or with as many warm spells) as this one. Usually once the weather starts to turn colder, it stays that way for a few months. But this yo-yoing up and down with the temps is strange. Let's see how long this colder weather lasts.

Old 12-04-2018, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizrap View Post
We're now starting our 4th year up in Gainesville & I can't recall a fall/winter as wet (or with as many warm spells) as this one. Usually once the weather starts to turn colder, it stays that way for a few months. But this yo-yoing up and down with the temps is strange. Let's see how long this colder weather lasts.
According to Accuweather, 60s and 70s for the forseeable future, with one day at 84 degrees. Doesn't look to be much rain in the future, but a number of cloudy days.

Old 12-14-2018, 05:09 PM

Did I say it didn't look as if there would be much rain in the future? I lied.

Dang, I think this is the hardest it has rained since we've been here. Storm drain is backed up, first time I've seen that happen. If it weren't so dark, I'd go out and take a look at one of those huge gullies to see if it is filling up.

Old 12-15-2018, 08:45 AM

268 posts, read 227,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizrap View Post
Here in the Ocala/Silver Springs area the azaleas are blooming! We've only had one light frost.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala