U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala
 [Register]
Ocala Marion County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-02-2018, 06:30 AM
 
11 posts, read 3,713 times
Reputation: 23

Advertisements

Has anyone else noticed Florida especially north central Florida is turning more blue when it comes to politics? It seems we are loosing our conservative values and it is being replaced with strong progressive ideas. I am from South Florida and moved up here in 2004 to live in an area where people more conservative and have more Christian values. It seems the younger crowd "under 40" are all very liberal and progressive they are huge supporters of homosexuals and there is even an Ocala Pride event which I don't even remember taking place when I first moved up here. I am 32 years old and a very conservative Christian it seems very hard to find other like minded people around my age here. It seems my generation is being brainwashed to hate what is good and love what is bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-02-2018, 08:38 AM
 
Location: Florida
4,805 posts, read 2,209,597 times
Reputation: 5998
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaGIRL90 View Post
Has anyone else noticed Florida especially north central Florida is turning more blue when it comes to politics? It seems we are loosing our conservative values and it is being replaced with strong progressive ideas. I am from South Florida and moved up here in 2004 to live in an area where people more conservative and have more Christian values. It seems the younger crowd "under 40" are all very liberal and progressive they are huge supporters of homosexuals and there is even an Ocala Pride event which I don't even remember taking place when I first moved up here. I am 32 years old and a very conservative Christian it seems very hard to find other like minded people around my age here. It seems my generation is being brainwashed to hate what is good and love what is bad.
Florida has 20 million residents from everywhere so did you expect it to be conservative? Also what is your issue with gays? You claim to be a Christian and from what I've been taught about Christ is to love thy neighbor and love all.
Everyone will eventually know somebody in their circle who is gay and do you think they are ungodly?
We had 49 gay people murdered in a Orlando night club simply because who they choose who to love.

Society changes and as for Florida turning "blue" it's been trending that way for years now.
If that upsets you there is always Oklahoma.

Peace to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-02-2018, 01:59 PM
 
Location: Portland... :'(
2 posts, read 1,163 times
Reputation: 21
loosing our conservative values

uh huh....

I am 32 years old and a very conservative Christian

you're a 45 year old man who doesn't have anything else better to do with their time
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-02-2018, 02:06 PM
 
Location: Boston
5,097 posts, read 1,453,831 times
Reputation: 3733
just follow the Governor's race in Florida and see how blue it is... Tell those millions of bluehairs living there you want to shake things up there with no ICE and another new healthcare plan offered by progressive Democrats
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-02-2018, 03:08 PM
 
Location: Citrus countyFL
318 posts, read 212,551 times
Reputation: 394
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaGIRL90 View Post
Has anyone else noticed Florida especially north central Florida is turning more blue when it comes to politics? It seems we are loosing our conservative values and it is being replaced with strong progressive ideas. I am from South Florida and moved up here in 2004 to live in an area where people more conservative and have more Christian values. It seems the younger crowd "under 40" are all very liberal and progressive they are huge supporters of homosexuals and there is even an Ocala Pride event which I don't even remember taking place when I first moved up here. I am 32 years old and a very conservative Christian it seems very hard to find other like minded people around my age here. It seems my generation is being brainwashed to hate what is good and love what is bad.
Not really. It's just more noticeable because Marion is a bigger than it used to be
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-02-2018, 03:09 PM
 
Location: Citrus countyFL
318 posts, read 212,551 times
Reputation: 394
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
Florida has 20 million residents from everywhere so did you expect it to be conservative? Also what is your issue with gays? You claim to be a Christian and from what I've been taught about Christ is to love thy neighbor and love all.
Everyone will eventually know somebody in their circle who is gay and do you think they are ungodly?
We had 49 gay people murdered in a Orlando night club simply because who they choose who to love.

Society changes and as for Florida turning "blue" it's been trending that way for years now.
If that upsets you there is always Oklahoma.

Peace to you.
You obviously have no idea what Christ preaches. Try opening a Bible for a change.

Florida is not trending blue. That's a lie Dems tell themselves to ease the pain of losing. Florida used to be a solid blue state, it is turning redder with every passing election. Proving by voter registration numbers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-02-2018, 09:56 PM
 
Location: Florida
4,805 posts, read 2,209,597 times
Reputation: 5998
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedneckRebel View Post
You obviously have no idea what Christ preaches. Try opening a Bible for a change.

Florida is not trending blue. That's a lie Dems tell themselves to ease the pain of losing. Florida used to be a solid blue state, it is turning redder with every passing election. Proving by voter registration numbers.
There are 300,000 more registered Dems than Repubs.
Florida is getting so RED it voted for OBAMA twice and the only southern state to do so besides Virginia.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-03-2018, 05:38 AM
 
Location: Citrus countyFL
318 posts, read 212,551 times
Reputation: 394
In 1990 dems had a 1.1 MILLION voter advantage
In 2008 dems voter advantage shrunk to 700,000
Today, it sits at 245,000

Don't forget, Florida also voted for TRUMP in 2016 and BUSH both times and RICK SCOTT both times. All this after decades of Democrat rule.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-03-2018, 08:20 AM
 
4,506 posts, read 4,360,020 times
Reputation: 3245
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedneckRebel View Post
In 1990 dems had a 1.1 MILLION voter advantage
In 2008 dems voter advantage shrunk to 700,000
Today, it sits at 245,000

Don't forget, Florida also voted for TRUMP in 2016 and BUSH both times and RICK SCOTT both times. All this after decades of Democrat rule.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ors_of_Florida

Interesting gubernatorial history in Florida. Mostly Democrat governors. Claude Kirk, a Republican, slipped in during the late 1960s. Then back to Democrat for about 16 years, then Bob Martinez, a Republican, back to Democrat with Lawton Chiles, and then Jeb Bush, followed by Charlie Crist and Rick Scott.

Gwen Graham is Bob Graham's daughter, and as such is a member of the "Old Guard" Florida Democrats. She probably would have won if the field had been less crowded.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-03-2018, 04:58 PM
 
Location: Citrus countyFL
318 posts, read 212,551 times
Reputation: 394
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarc View Post
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ors_of_Florida

Interesting gubernatorial history in Florida. Mostly Democrat governors. Claude Kirk, a Republican, slipped in during the late 1960s. Then back to Democrat for about 16 years, then Bob Martinez, a Republican, back to Democrat with Lawton Chiles, and then Jeb Bush, followed by Charlie Crist and Rick Scott.

Gwen Graham is Bob Graham's daughter, and as such is a member of the "Old Guard" Florida Democrats. She probably would have won if the field had been less crowded.
yup. hence my argument that Florida used to be a solid democrat state, and is now turning republican.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top