Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala
 [Register]
Ocala Marion County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2020, 03:05 PM

33 posts, read 34,576 times

Advertisements

we're also are looking to move there, we are newly retired and from Minnesota, we have been looking for over five years in the Ocala Florida area and Hot Springs Village & Bella Vista Arkansas.

we have been limited by how much we can/could sell our home for up here in way the northern Minnesota our economy isn't good like the rest of the country, in some cases they are about 10 to 15 years behind the rest of the world. we have been out priced for Bella Vista and now hardly anything in Hot Springs Village that doesn't require getting involved in another fixing up job in witch I refuse unless it's just landscaping.

We were searching in the age 55 over communities along the 200 corridor but now we have three dogs one being 15 yo but she's healthy and could live another 2/3 years; so that reason and being able to park our travel travel in our own yard is why we are also looking too buy in a regular neighborhood. Of the areas we have been looking at we have been looking at the Marion Oaks northwest so we can be by the bicycle trails and we'd be getting a lot big enough to park the travel trailer right in own yard, I'm just need to find out if that part of Marion Oaks is good, Realtor dot com says it's low crime there up in the northwest corner of Marion Oaks I'd love to hear from anyone else about this area and the other areas are 1. northeast of York area, 2. Belleview Summerfield areas. the housing we are looking at are 129900 to 132900 on almost a quarter acre.

I would like to be near the Santos trails so Oak Run and Palm Cay have always been my dream destination for the last few years, my wonderful wife wants to just get down there after our house escrow closes here , I can almost just wait this dog out until she's gone over the Rainbow Bridge.

TIA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2020, 06:58 PM

208 posts, read 206,984 times
wantinfl....You and I are thinking the same thing. I and my wife have been looking at the Ocala area for months now. We too are looking for a 55+ community. We must have looked at hundreds of homes. Have spoken with a local realtor (there) who was put in touch with us by the realty agency selling our house here. Our agent has been very good and diligent. We had a house in Palm Cay under contract at one time BUT it failed the inspection on one point miserably. And on that point, believe me, you wouldn't want to purchase it. But that is saying nothing about Palm Cay, just the home owner. There are Palm Cay, Spruce Creek, Pine Run, Quail Run and Marion Oaks just to name the low priced ones in that area. Make sure that you always check out the HOA monthly fees and what they include. Some can be quite pricey. In Palm Cay you HAVE to purchase cable TV there and it is not included in the HOA fee, but it runs less than $20 a month. I have a real estate site that I go on to view homes that lists the crime rate for the area (mapped) as well as the noise level. Good luck in your search.

Old 06-29-2020, 09:06 AM

33 posts, read 34,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demolitionman2 View Post
wantinfl....You and I are thinking the same thing. I and my wife have been looking at the Ocala area for months now. We too are looking for a 55+ community. We must have looked at hundreds of homes. Have spoken with a local realtor (there) who was put in touch with us by the realty agency selling our house here. Our agent has been very good and diligent. We had a house in Palm Cay under contract at one time BUT it failed the inspection on one point miserably. And on that point, believe me, you wouldn't want to purchase it. But that is saying nothing about Palm Cay, just the home owner. There are Palm Cay, Spruce Creek, Pine Run, Quail Run and Marion Oaks just to name the low priced ones in that area. Make sure that you always check out the HOA monthly fees and what they include. Some can be quite pricey. In Palm Cay you HAVE to purchase cable TV there and it is not included in the HOA fee, but it runs less than $20 a month. I have a real estate site that I go on to view homes that lists the crime rate for the area (mapped) as well as the noise level. Good luck in your search.
thank-you, we can't move into any of those places because of having 3 dogs, one of our dogs is 15 years old, I was hoping some of the 55 + age communities would allow us to live there with the three dogs being one is so old, so that's why I'm starting to look outside of the 55+ age communities, I use the crime mapping also, I'mwonderingif the crime flows over into the good neighborhoods. I have been following some of your posts as well.
Have a most wonderful day.

Old 06-29-2020, 09:59 AM

6,593 posts, read 7,239,729 times
The Marion County Sheriff has a face book page and other local law enforcement also have them.

https://www.facebook.com/mcsoflorida
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala
View detailed profiles of: