Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala
 [Register]
Ocala Marion County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2021, 02:12 PM

270 posts, read 193,459 times

Advertisements

I see some little condos for sale in Silver Springs Shores, in Derby Downs. They are nice looking and fairly cheap. As to size, they would suit me more than the villas I seen at OTOTW. The biggest drawback I see for this area is they lack a community feeling and the people who live there seem more isolated, as one would expect to find is an apartment complex. The HOA fees are very reasonable; they are going to include all lawncare, just like an apartment, no hidden watering fees, no nonsense! They have the basic cable TV for ABC, NBC, CBS and FOX. Which is al I care for. They include trash and sewer, but I think I would have to get water bill in my name. So that is electric and water utilities.

The problem is, everyone who responds to the Silver Springs Shores area says its a horrible neighborhood, there are gangs there and dangerous people.

I have looked over the area around Midway, which is where Derby Downs is, and it seems like a different area? The people I see there are older people who seem very well mannered.

I wish it were over near SW 200, but it is not and it seems that younger retired persons who want a house live around the big retirement communities.

There seems like there are too any hidden fees in the large 55+ communities and I am not that wealthy where the cost does not matter.

If you know the Derby Downs area and have any information that is from personal experience, please let me know?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2021, 08:24 PM

33 posts, read 35,172 times
Well I'm sure you probably already found the information you were seeking by now but maybe not, we moved here last September and then our house was finished on December 21st 2020 we live off of Marycamp and Pine Rd. It's a good neighborhood I would say great but the loud cars are my biggest complaint, the biggest problem in Ocala in general is that they didn't plan the roads for the amount of people that have been moving here and that is going to lead to them never ever getting caught up with the amount of road work that needs done.. there's pockets of some bad areas around the Shores mostly south of the Walmart, the houses in this area are going up so that leads to a higher income level of people moving into the area that actually helps improve neighborhoods as the housing that are renting rent for a higher price and therefore that pushes out the lower income hud but not all of it. I need the cross roads to where you are looking at id like to check that place out for my Sister in-law
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala