Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala
 [Register]
Ocala Marion County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2022, 10:04 PM

1 posts, read 4,044 times

Advertisements

I live in sliver springs ocala and a couple months ago these people showed up at our door, wanting a permit to use part of our land to be destroyed. i was not there to give my input, however those at the door inside my house said yes without my imput. but, if i was there, i could of simply said no, as i did not wish for my yard to be destroyed. but unfortunately, someone else in the house did and said yes to them without my input. i am devastated that my yard is going to be torn down when i could of prevented it by just being at the door. is their a number in ocala i can call to put an end to the demolition project? its not too late. i just don't want my yard to go
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2022, 10:24 PM

6,395 posts, read 10,193,446 times
What is going to be destroyed and why is it being done? When did they say work would start? Did they provide any paperwork about the project? Are they offering some type of compensation? Do those people represent a specific company? I would contact the police and city/county zoning. I can almost guarantee that some work permit will be required by the city or county. I live in Ocala myself.

If any of the people who said "Yes" is under 18 and/or are not on the property deed, they cannot consent to such activity as a minor or a non-homeowner of legal record. This could get ugly so that is why I suggested contacting the police, and if the people in question show up this weekend without prior notice, dial 911 to protect yourself and your property.

BTW: I am neither an attorney or a police officer.

Last edited by dontaskwhy; 03-04-2022 at 10:37 PM..

Old 03-05-2022, 10:17 AM

6,593 posts, read 7,246,876 times
I would think the permission would have to be in writing and given by the owner of the property.
I would phone and send a certified letter to the individual that they do not have permission to enter on your property for any reason.
Assuming that does not work you need an attorney to go to court to stop them.
You might mention who is going to do this. Your neighbors landscaper, the city etc and why they are doing it to get a better answer.

Old 04-09-2022, 12:48 PM

9 posts, read 6,676 times
How did you get it resolved?

Old 04-30-2022, 11:25 AM

32,768 posts, read 35,986,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by accborn View Post
How did you get it resolved?
One post and they didn't come back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala