Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala
 [Register]
Ocala Marion County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 04:54 PM

12 posts, read 57,555 times

Advertisements

bgmiami

We just bought at Stone Creek last week having visited both Summer Glen and Stone Creek for three nights each.

I accidentally posted two posts with one saying we purchased at Stone Creek and one at Summer Glen ( a senior moment?) But in any event it was Stone Creek.

The people at Summer Glen were great and the houses, particularly the Bal Harbor, were really nice but the development is too far from normal shopping and Stone Creek has a classier look to it. Still I don't think anyone who buys at Summer Glen will go wrong.

We bought a spec home and now have to close by June 1, 2009. We are going to make a lot of changes as when you do a spec home you don't get to make your choices of tile, wood flooring etc. We are going to rip out some of the rooms with carpeting and put in wood floors as well as increase the size of the lanai.

I loved the golf course and my wife loved the pool area. We are looking forward to our new home but will probably split our time between Florida and Michigan until the real estate market recovers enought to get a fair price for our Michigan home.

Larry
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2009, 05:25 PM

51 posts, read 221,960 times
BGMiami... Thank you. My husband and I are really enjoying Stone Creek, as well. We live in Buckhead. Looks like we also need to extend a welcome to Larry (LSchu77570) and Sprintrps, too!

Old 05-05-2009, 06:03 PM

49 posts, read 443,044 times
Bgmiami,

Thanks for the welcome. I'm not there quite yet as I am having some closing issues up here in NY and plan a simultaneous close here and in Ocala - hopefully by Mid-May.

After I get settled, I'll try to get in touch with all the folks who have been so friendly and helpful on this board.

John

Old 05-09-2009, 05:24 PM

bgmiami ... tried to send you a private message; but it didn't allow me to for some reason - anyway, wanted to let you know that we live on 71st Loop - so I guess you are my neighbor!

Old 05-18-2009, 05:23 PM

67 posts, read 238,024 times
Well..I took the plunge. I bought at Stone Creek today. I pushed out the construction start date to July, and plan to be there in October..if not sooner. Thank you to those who helped me with their valuable insight and buying experience (especially Ocalagala...bgmiami...johnG_NYC, and LSchu77570)i. I am very happy with my deal and look forward to meeting all of you.

Old 05-18-2009, 10:44 PM

4,231 posts, read 15,418,446 times
Very happy for you, have been reading a little about it and it sounds like a nice place and a nice area - hope you enjoy it and keep those of us who live afar who might also be considering it updated on your move etc.

Old 05-19-2009, 04:42 PM

Sprintrps ... congratulations! We are just now settling down after the move and are finally starting to enjoy some of the amenities. I started going to the gym here at SC and am so impressed with the equipment they have... first class all the way, if you ask me. Don't forget to let us know when you are coming down again!

Old 05-21-2009, 03:06 PM

Robert

Congratulations on taking the plunge. We are closing on our house on June 5th.

Old 05-22-2009, 06:31 PM

Larry:

Don't forget to let us know when you are here in SC ... we'd love to meet you both!

Old 05-25-2009, 11:49 AM

hey Ocalagala,

We are coming in on June 2nd and staying until the 7th. Our closing is on June 5th.

Write me with contact info at my email address:

LSchu77570@aol.com

Larry
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala