Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala
 [Register]
Ocala Marion County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 01:42 AM

3 posts, read 12,692 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridabound09 View Post
My advise is do not move until you have an apartment leased, 90% of landlords now check your credit, if you cannot buy a house you are more then likely not get a decent apartment. There are some who will not run your credit, but do not move your family until you got a place to live locked in for at least 1 year. Get your credit in line by paying everything on time every time so you can buy something in the future.

THANK U FOR THE ADVISE BUT IVE HAVE 2 ROTTWEILLERS DOGS AND I LUV MY DOGS TO DEATH ALOT OF APARTMENT HAVE THEM PET RESRICTION. OUR CREDIT IS NOT THAT GOOD. DO YOU KNOW ANY APARTMENTS THAT DONT RUN CREDITS CHECK IF SO PLEASE RESPONSE BACK TO ME. I REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO MOVING DWN THERE TO OCALA. BUT IM REALLY LOOKING 4 A RENTAL HOME TO LIVE 4 THE TIME TILL WE GET OUR CREDIT 2GETHER BUT IF YOU KNOW OF HOME RENTAL RENTAL PLACES PLEASE LET ME KNOW I WILL SEND MY EMAIL TO YOU PLEASE HELP US THANK U
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2007, 12:25 PM

627 posts, read 2,842,044 times
DBOI313BAD,

How long till you move?

The dogs will pose more of a problem than the credit issue, there are so many homes for rent here it is not funny! Hundreds of houses, not to mention apartments.

Last edited by MyHomeIsInOcala; 07-16-2007 at 12:27 PM.. Reason: sp

Old 06-25-2009, 09:56 AM

5 posts, read 13,231 times
My Husband and Myself are thinkingof moving to Ocala,we have horses and I have a cleaning business,my husband drives short haul..we presently live in Las Vegas, It is very hot here in the summers and great in the winters,we have bugs of a different kind here. We have lived inLas Vegas for 3 1/2 years and are from Seattle,through a friend of a friendwehave been offered a house to rent,I am concerned over the mosquitos and humidity..they are on a lake..any thoughts about Ocala?we are very horsey people.

Old 02-23-2016, 08:10 AM

1 posts, read 975 times
It is now 2016, and Ocala/Marion County Florida cost of living is much lower thanks to Ocala Development Appraisers who keep housing sales very low (they appraise homes very low so the seller either has to decrease or the buyer has to use their own money as banks will not finance over the appraisal amount.) Ocala is still hated by many of us who get stuck here - & there is alot of petty crime: theft, illegal drug use, and lots of toothless people running around. We dub it 'Rode Hard & Put Up Wet'. However, Fort McCoy Elementary & Middle School is surprisingly, a really good public school (by Florida standards). There's still alot of jerky very rich people in Ocala, and over 1,000 horse farms. Dunnellon is a nice area, cost of living low. Salt Springs is clannish & 99% of the residents are in it for themselves, including the resort campground, and the yoga institute people are selfish & self-centered. If you're like this, then you'll fit right in. But if you are giving, thoughtful & kind, you'll quickly be taken advantage of & considered 'weak minded.' No good deed goes unpunished in Ocala or Marion County Florida.

Old 02-29-2016, 10:51 PM

481 posts, read 648,545 times
It is now 2016 and the house I bought in 2010, in Meadow Wood Farms, has increased in value by $100K. The 2 Pine Run rentals I bought in 2012 have doubled. The nice lady across the street just refinanced her home she bought also in 2010 and her appraisal came in $60K higher (not as much land, not as much house as mine). We're all happy here in NW Ocala.

I've lived in Marion County since 2008. I am giving, kind, and thoughtful, and I have never been taken advantage of, nor am I considered "weak-minded" to my knowledge. Guess it just depends on where you live. It's a big county.

Old 06-23-2016, 02:11 PM

23 posts, read 41,604 times
You definitely bought your home at the right time. I always like hearing people having success in real estate. Great job!

BTW NW Ocala is beautiful. I understand why you purchased there.

Old 06-23-2016, 03:34 PM

6,593 posts, read 7,248,860 times
For high school try West Port. It is in the SW section. By the way this is about 10 miles from the center of Ocala. I would call the principal and see if she can help with a grade school. I think she was the national principal of the year a couple of years ago.

West Port High School / Homepage
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala