U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala
 [Register]
Ocala Marion County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 03:12 PM

5 posts, read 12,085 times
Default Is there anyone from Wildwood or Ocala

Can anyone help me? I live in istanbul,turkey and coming to Wildwood in October,my fiance lives there.How is this city, are there any jobs available with good pay? Is it a safe place to live? I will start to live there and i want to know the area.please, I need to know before my coming . i have graduated photography in college.can i find a job in photography sector in Ocala or Leesburg ? are stores expensive in Wildwood?
Thanks to all
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2009, 06:15 PM

23,444 posts, read 15,929,528 times
I have lived in Ocala for 20 years, I know most of the professional photographers in the area, what kind of work are you looking for?
Unless you have a degree that translates to the US, there are not a great deal of good-paying jobs here.
I know someone is going to yell at me, but I dont want you to get false hopes. Unemployment is 12.6% in Marion County, compared to other areas of Florida, the cost of living is quite high here, and base wages are rather low.
Good luck to you, but I would not advise moving here unless you have a job nailed down.

Old 07-30-2009, 02:07 PM

i can work in any photography job...in studios,press photo,exterior shot or nature shots.
if i cant find a job in that sector,i will search another jobs.
thank you very much for the reply.
i hope i get good luck

Old 07-30-2009, 06:02 PM

I wish you luck, as well! I also wish you joy with your fiance!

Old 07-30-2009, 06:29 PM

1,068 posts, read 1,918,181 times
I have a home in Hernando about 20 miles from Wildwood and the job situation is pretty bleak in Marion and Citrus Counties but it's not deterring me from returning home, (in MI now). I'd just take a little extra cash to live on for awhile and you'll probably be all right.

I had a friend years ago that had his own photography biz down in Clearwater and he did pretty well doing weddings, some commercial stuff (like contractors would use him to snap pics of different stages of building construction) and some glamour/boudoir, pets, whatever paid the bills.

Old 07-31-2009, 04:50 AM

yes i see.Job situation is pretty bleak in small towns.me and my fiance have to work to earn our own living and save money.
are stores expensive and is getting food hard in wildwood?

Old 07-31-2009, 04:52 AM

kshe95girl,thank you very much for your wishes

Old 07-31-2009, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newie View Post
yes i see.Job situation is pretty bleak in small towns.me and my fiance have to work to earn our own living and save money.
are stores expensive and is getting food hard in wildwood?
Compared to Turkey, food is pretty inexpensive, and there are several grocery stores near you. there is also a Walmart not very far away, and it will have EVERYTHING!
There are also some very nice produce stands in the area, so food is not an issue.
You are going to be very close to The Villages, so I am hoping you will be able to find work there, until you can break into the photography business.

Old 08-02-2009, 05:20 AM

Ok,thank you very much

Old 08-18-2009, 09:27 AM

9 posts, read 22,424 times
I lived in Ocala but now in Summerfield, just north of Leesburg, I strongly recommend you go to Leesburg over Ocala, prices are slightly higher in Florda, especially when it comes to insurance, car mostly.......food is a bit higher, gas slightly higher, but as far as where to move, go for Leesburg, Ocala is huge and packed, and not the greatest neighborhoods either, thats my honest opinion. Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala