U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala
 [Register]
Ocala Marion County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2010, 10:54 AM

1 posts, read 4,976 times

Advertisements

The Villages is a Disney World for adults. Everyone I know there is between 55 and 75 but you would think they were in their 30's...so much energy! I lived in Fl or a number of years before returning to Maryland and I can't wait to get my house sold so I can move into The Villages. The only thing you need to consider before moving is that it is really hot in July and August, but if you're like me and love the sun...it's perfect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2010, 03:57 PM

5,644 posts, read 6,456,872 times
Default Resales much smaller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bette View Post
We looked at a bunch of models while we were there. Some of them were 4 bedrooms. If we ever lived there, we would be working remotely so.....

They were over 2000 SF
I've noticed that many of the resales are much smaller than the new models. I've seen many 1,200 sq. ft. and smaller. The few bigger ones were rather pricey. We saw the new models also, which seemed a better deal when we were there last year.

I do not want to live on a street where most of the other people are part-time snowbirds--and we'd be mostly alone all summer, as full-timers.

Old 03-06-2010, 12:55 PM

4 posts, read 48,970 times
Smile The Villages

Yes I have so many friends living down there from Connecticut. They love it. My husband and I want to retire down there also. We go down every year and look for homes. Our friends range from 55 to 65 and they enjoy every moment there. It is a hoping place if you want activities all the time, or it can be a quiet place if you just want to enjoy your home. They tell us the neighbors are wonderful and everyone is so friendly and happy. Then again, why wouldn't you be, you are in sunshine and warmth most of the time and its a lovely resort with so many things to do everyday. Linda

Last edited by Lin3850; 03-06-2010 at 01:04 PM..

Old 03-06-2010, 02:15 PM

Default Old Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by sords View Post
STD's run rampant, those old folks are a bunch of swingers and they are spreading disease throughout, seriously do a search.
This was old information printed in the Orland newspaper a few years ago. The Villages put on a number of info sessions to teach the oldsters the care needed if one is going to be sexually active. Most of these people only thought about pregnancy--not a problem!

Old 03-09-2010, 07:25 PM

34 posts, read 65,102 times
My parents have lived in over 20 different places in the midwest and south. They moved to the Villages about ten years ago and have never been happier in all their lives! I'm sure some of that is due to not having to go to work every day but there is a lot(!!!) to do there and the residents are very friendly.

Old 03-10-2010, 06:20 AM

Default So Small

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcampo View Post
My parents have lived in over 20 different places in the midwest and south. They moved to the Villages about ten years ago and have never been happier in all their lives! I'm sure some of that is due to not having to go to work every day but there is a lot(!!!) to do there and the residents are very friendly.
I've heard how happy people are there...

But most all but the most expensive homes are SO small. My dh and I would be bumping into each other all the time...

Old 03-10-2010, 08:21 AM

2,510 posts, read 3,108,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
This was old information printed in the Orland newspaper a few years ago. The Villages put on a number of info sessions to teach the oldsters the care needed if one is going to be sexually active. Most of these people only thought about pregnancy--not a problem!
This makes no sense.....why would "oldsters" be worried about getting pregnant ?

Old 03-10-2010, 03:23 PM

Default STD's

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan View Post
This makes no sense.....why would "oldsters" be worried about getting pregnant ?
\

They knew they were too old to get pregnant and so were not worried because that wasn't possible! They apparently weren't aware of STD's.

Old 03-10-2010, 06:03 PM

7 posts, read 45,509 times
Default 5+ years in TVs

and couldn't be happier!

Old 03-12-2010, 08:30 AM

749 posts, read 2,016,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan View Post
Well....lets hope so....with all the wild parties and swinging going on down there who wouldn't be happy ?
LOL........I'm picturing empty shuffleboard courts and golf courses, indoor sports rule in the villages!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala