U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala
 [Register]
Ocala Marion County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2013, 12:58 PM

2,164 posts, read 2,139,383 times

Advertisements

Maybe you didn't get the memo, but most of Ocala is built on top of limestone caverns and sinkholes can happen anywhere. As much as folks keep pointing at Fore Ranch, I don't recall a single home actually destroyed by a sinkhole in that community.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2013, 11:54 AM

43 posts, read 34,529 times
Default Question for mandyh regarding Citrus County

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandyh View Post
We live in Citrus County and are very happy with the schools. There are a lot of options for middle and high school students.
As for neighborhoods there are a lot to look into. Citrus springs might be worth checking out, its medium income, nice playground, community center with activities for children, has a new
elementary school and middle school right across the street.
We live in Pine Ridge, just south of Citrus Springs, the lots are bigger and allow horses. This neighborhood has more older people.

We are about 20 miles south of Ocala.
I noticed your post in this thread. We are planning a move to Florida next summer and I have two kids - ages 9 & 11. I grew up in Ocala but have been living in CT for the past 24 years. We are thinking of Citrus County and I would love to private message you regarding school/neighborhood questions, etc...would that be ok? Thanks!

Old 01-23-2013, 07:04 PM

957 posts, read 758,041 times
Citrus county does have pretty good schools, but unless your family is under the age of 55 i would not recommend it. Ocala/Marion county would probably be a better choice there are a lot of retirees in Ocala also. There are also a lot more family oriented communities in Ocala look into the forest high school district on the east side. That is as good as it gets in Ocala.

Old 01-25-2013, 11:22 AM
TD*

1,085 posts, read 1,629,479 times
Better to come to Tallahassee. way better than slowcala

Old 01-31-2013, 06:58 PM

97 posts, read 290,220 times
Hi Kellygirl925, I just seen your message. Please feel free to contact me, I will be glad to help.

Old 02-02-2013, 12:20 AM

100 posts, read 63,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellygirl925 View Post
I noticed your post in this thread. We are planning a move to Florida next summer and I have two kids - ages 9 & 11. I grew up in Ocala but have been living in CT for the past 24 years. We are thinking of Citrus County and I would love to private message you regarding school/neighborhood questions, etc...would that be ok? Thanks!
Please share any good info you find out...I too am planning a move to either NC or FL and just recently found out about Ocala...my 11 year old will be 12 at the time I'm looking to move... around next Spring next year....

Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Ocala