U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-26-2010, 11:25 PM

83 posts, read 103,983 times
Default Towns with the lowest crime??

Hi, I hope to move to Ohio sometime next year (alot of reasons why!) and would like osme input as to where the lowest crime areas are within a 30-40 minute driving distance to a major city as in Columbus, Cincy, Cleveland, etc. Looking for a place in the country, which I would assume less crime/gangs are happening. I love Amish country! Maybe not too much stuff happens around areas like Berlin,Wooster, Sugarcreek? Those are the areas I have been checking out so far.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2010, 08:55 AM

496 posts, read 857,988 times
you should look into salinas, california.

Old 06-28-2010, 09:32 AM

HAHAHA! #4 in the U.S. for gang shootings! (Per capita)

Old 06-28-2010, 10:18 AM

5,854 posts, read 5,752,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotwine? View Post
Hi, I hope to move to Ohio sometime next year (alot of reasons why!) and would like osme input as to where the lowest crime areas are within a 30-40 minute driving distance to a major city as in Columbus, Cincy, Cleveland, etc. Looking for a place in the country, which I would assume less crime/gangs are happening. I love Amish country! Maybe not too much stuff happens around areas like Berlin,Wooster, Sugarcreek? Those are the areas I have been checking out so far.
Akron is probably the largest city within 30-40 minutes of Amish Country.
Cleveland would be second, about an hour away.
Columbus would be third.
If you are really set on Amish country. It's not really "all that". (Wife grew up in Amish country... no she's not Amish).

There are very safe places in every major city in Ohio as well as just outside every major city in Ohio. I think you need to pick a city to live by and we can be more help.

Old 06-28-2010, 11:25 AM

183 posts, read 393,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
Akron is probably the largest city within 30-40 minutes of Amish Country.
Cleveland would be second, about an hour away.
Columbus would be third.
If you are really set on Amish country. It's not really "all that". (Wife grew up in Amish country... no she's not Amish).

There are very safe places in every major city in Ohio as well as just outside every major city in Ohio. I think you need to pick a city to live by and we can be more help.

I agree. I had a job interview in Ashland before I got my job in St. Louis and while it is a nice area and it has some very cheap housing, it has almost nothing else going for it. There are really no jobs in the area and the ones that are there, the pay isn't worth it. If I would have taken the job in Ashland, I would have been making $15,000 - $20,000 less than what I am making now. Like I said that area has some very cheap housing, but it's not THAT much cheaper.

While the economy is hurting just about everywhere, the Northeastern and Northwestern areas of Ohio are doing just about the worst in the state.

You really need to look at where you have the best chance of getting a job and being able to live comfortably. Trust me, I know... I've moved 3 times in the last 3 years because of those factors.

Old 06-28-2010, 01:27 PM

3,170 posts, read 6,577,340 times
Northern Trumbull and Geagua Counties have sizable amish communities as well.

Old 06-28-2010, 04:02 PM

2,050 posts, read 3,920,919 times
Statewide, suburbs are safe in Ohio. There are the exceptions, but there is typically VERY LITTLE crime in the suburbs in these parts.

I'd check out Hartville, Ohio. Pretty cool area IMO.

Old 09-16-2010, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 000000 View Post
you should look into salinas, california.
funnny funny!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio