U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2010, 03:30 PM

127 posts, read 888,641 times

Advertisements

What is the best/nicest small town (less than 20,000 people) in the great state of Ohio and why?

Some nice places that come to mind

Logan
Granville
Ostrander
Bucyrus

Please feel free to post your own stories and opinions here
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2010, 04:24 PM

2,106 posts, read 6,099,240 times
Rocky River

coolest town I've seen since moving here.

rocky river ohio - Google Maps

And here's a vid of driving into Rocky River from Lakewood, just some of the view, very pretty city. I wish I could post stuff of the parks and lake.

this one makes it seem a bit more yuppy than it is, but shows the diverse housing. And you can see the parks, beaches, boating, etc
YouTube - Rocky River Ohio Cruise!

Old 07-11-2010, 05:11 PM

1,066 posts, read 2,167,022 times
Uh, are you talking about the Rocky River on the West side of Cleveland? That's more of a medium sized suburb than it is a small town.

I guess you need to define "small".

Old 07-11-2010, 05:12 PM

6,098 posts, read 11,478,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdmlions View Post
What is the best/nicest small town (less than 20,000 people) in the great state of Ohio and why?

Some nice places that come to mind

Logan
Granville
Ostrander
Bucyrus

Please feel free to post your own stories and opinions here
I have friends who live in Bucyrus and I'm doing lots of asphalt work in the downtown area, Really nice folks there . It's quite charming and they've done allot to maintain her beauty.

Old 07-11-2010, 08:33 PM

2,106 posts, read 6,099,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksu sucks View Post
Uh, are you talking about the Rocky River on the West side of Cleveland? That's more of a medium sized suburb than it is a small town.

It's currently below 20,000 people(which the person referenced)... and living in cities my whole life, I considering it a small town.

Old 07-12-2010, 11:24 AM

127 posts, read 888,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksu sucks View Post

I think "small" can be however you want to define it for this exercise. I was thinking non-urban areas but I didn't specify so what the heck...just any small place in Ohio. With that said I would to pitch my current location Grandview Heights as a lovely small-town albeit very close to downtown Columbus. It is how all good, middle class suburbs should feel and be planned in my opinion.

Old 07-12-2010, 05:28 PM

2 posts, read 12,618 times
I would recommend portsmouth to you which is the small town near where I live in Lucasville in southeastern ohio.....but the town has had it's better days. Now if you are looking for a nice quite little life Lucasville is about as small and peaceful as you get but not much to. However you could check out Wheelersburg ohio which is about 10 or 15 minutes outside of portsmouth. It's a very tight knit community that preachers perfection in everything they do (and I hate them ALOT!!)... however I digress they do have a very nice little town going for them small yet notable....im sure you could ask almost any sport coach around the state and they could tell you about wheelersburg

Old 07-19-2010, 12:33 PM

3,341 posts, read 6,234,643 times
yellow springs and marietta are favorites of mine

Old 05-28-2011, 03:16 PM

67 posts, read 335,470 times
Tipp City, Granville, Gambier, and Marietta are my top choices!

There are also some sweet little towns in West Central Ohio (New Bremen, Ft. Loramie, etc.), but they're all a little too tiny for my tastes.

Old 05-28-2011, 04:03 PM

6,450 posts, read 7,765,222 times
Sugar Creek
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio