Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2010, 04:11 PM

1,412 posts, read 4,483,559 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LASam View Post
Skyline Chili is greater than all other foods, so Cincinnati wins by a landslide.

Skyline is in Columbus as well, they have ok Chili.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2010, 06:38 AM

458 posts, read 1,222,827 times
Quote:
Skyline Chili is greater than all other foods, so Cincinnati wins by a landslide.
People in Cincinnati are obsessed with that chili. That, and Graeter's Ice Cream. I never understood the obession, but then agian, I am not from Cincinnati.

The quote reminds me about a skit that Ron White did about Cincinnati Chili

Old 09-15-2010, 09:07 AM

3,844 posts, read 9,279,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momotaro View Post
Skyline is in Columbus as well, they have ok Chili.
He's saying it originated in Cincy, which is true.

I always remember the Anthony Bourdain Cleveland episode where they start at Skyline Chili in Cleveland and Michael Ruhlman is so pissed because he's trying to show off the Cleveland Dining scene. Thg episode gets much better though hitting some of the unique Cleveland hotspots.

Old 09-15-2010, 07:28 PM

2,106 posts, read 6,628,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by costello_musicman View Post
He's saying it originated in Cincy, which is true.

I always remember the Anthony Bourdain Cleveland episode where they start at Skyline Chili in Cleveland and Michael Ruhlman is so pissed because he's trying to show off the Cleveland Dining scene. Thg episode gets much better though hitting some of the unique Cleveland hotspots.
Anthony Bourdain himself has stated that Cleveland is one of his fave cities / eating scenes.

Old 09-16-2010, 10:58 AM

910 posts, read 1,675,971 times
Quote:

Agreed....

LaBullBoxer31 Pizza is quite good too!

Old 09-16-2010, 11:17 AM

41,948 posts, read 75,144,160 times
As much as I love hanging out at Cincinnati's chili parlors, I'd rather have a plate full of hot, buttery pierogi procured from the West Side Market, or from a church festival. Mmmmmmmmmmm.

And LaRosa's pizza really is just plain awful.

Old 09-16-2010, 11:23 AM

279 posts, read 717,545 times
This thread is stupid. Sorry, but it is. This is simply based on opinion, so who the hell can say which city has "better" food. Perfect example, Ohiogirl81 says LaRosa's is just plain awful. To me, it's possibly one of my favorite foods, period.

I can't speak on Cleveland or Cbus, but I'm sure both have some damn good restaurants. All I know is here in Cincy, we have a ridiculous amount of awesome restaurants. I rarely eat out, so I have a list of literally dozens/hundreds of places to go. We have amazing variety too. If you can't find places you like to eat here, I don't even know what to say.

Old 09-16-2010, 12:59 PM

458 posts, read 1,222,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubby513 View Post
This thread is stupid. Sorry, but it is. This is simply based on opinion, so who the hell can say which city has "better" food. Perfect example, Ohiogirl81 says LaRosa's is just plain awful. To me, it's possibly one of my favorite foods, period.

I can't speak on Cleveland or Cbus, but I'm sure both have some damn good restaurants. All I know is here in Cincy, we have a ridiculous amount of awesome restaurants. I rarely eat out, so I have a list of literally dozens/hundreds of places to go. We have amazing variety too. If you can't find places you like to eat here, I don't even know what to say.
Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.

Almost all of the threads on C-D are based on opinions. This isn't the first, and certainly won't be the last. The infinite amount of skyline threads on these boards are a perfect example of this.

I don't think anyone has been saying that Cincinnati doesn't have good restaurants. In fact I agree. I have spent a good amount of time in Cincinnati over the years (never lived, but visited every other weekend for about a year and a half while my girlfriend was trying to find a job up here) and have had the chance to experience some really great restaurants. In my previous post, I mentioned how much I loved Montgomery Inn (wish they would put one in the Cleveland metro).

Quote:
Cleveland has become a culinary powerhouse and a fantastic destination for culinary tourism

Cleveland receiving more attention via media outlets for their restaurants than the rest of the state is not subjective.

On a side note with Skyline Chili:

I go to Skyline quite frequently whenever my better half needs a "skyline fix" as she calls it . I just ask for my conies without chili please . I really like those little hotdogs with that mountain of cheese on top!

And why no love for Gold Star?

Old 09-16-2010, 01:11 PM

279 posts, read 717,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flee to the Cleve View Post
Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.

Almost all of the threads on C-D are based on opinions. This isn't the first, and certainly won't be the last. The infinite amount of skyline threads on these boards are a perfect example of this.

I don't think anyone has been saying that Cincinnati doesn't have good restaurants. In fact I agree. I have spent a good amount of time in Cincinnati over the years (never lived, but visited every other weekend for about a year and a half while my girlfriend was trying to find a job up here) and have had the chance to experience some really great restaurants. In my previous post, I mentioned how much I loved Montgomery Inn (wish they would put one in the Cleveland metro).

Cleveland receiving more attention via media outlets for their restaurants than the rest of the state is not subjective.

On a side note with Skyline Chili:

I go to Skyline quite frequently whenever my better half needs a "skyline fix" as she calls it . I just ask for my conies without chili please . I really like those little hotdogs with that mountain of cheese on top!

Hahaha no I woke up feeling great. Maybe I came off the wrong way. And good point, I suppose a lot on here is opinion based. I guess what I mean to say is - the people from each respective city are likely to say their city has the best food. And that is likely to happen simply because they KNOW what their city has. Since I have never lived in Cleveland, I just don't know the extensive breadth of restaurants. So naturally I'd say Cincy is the best. Then everyone starts pissing on each others heads and the thread goes no where.

Your case is different since you've spent a fair amount of time down here. For me, its been awhile since I visited Cleveland, so I just don't know. What I do know is Cincinnati restaurants don't leave me with the desire to find anything else.

Whoa now, you get your coneys without the chili!? Ahhhh! When I make Cincy chili at home (perfecting my own recipe), I put so much chili on my coneys that it starts to compromise the bun. Good shtuff!

Ehh Gold Star isn't bad, I just grew up eating Skyline so I'm biased. In the end, the difference isn't huge, but I would only go to Gold Star is every Skyline in the city was closed.

Old 09-16-2010, 01:19 PM

41,948 posts, read 75,144,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flee to the Cleve View Post
Intestinal distress.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio