Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2010, 06:43 PM

7,685 posts, read 13,141,847 times

Advertisements

Cleveland Browns and New York Jets played at Cleveland, a 8 year old boy is with his daddy and the little fells is wearing a NY Jet jersey to the game. Because that's his favorite team and like all LITTLE BOYS he probably dreams of being a football player one day. But NO! His dreams are dashed by idiot Browns fans throwing things at them during the game and called them names. Now who's the child in this picture. And if this isn't insult to injury, so dang fool goes and starts harassing them outside the stadium them tackle the little fella and injured him.

Now I don't know about you, but I hope someone come forward and tell the cops who the idiot was that did this and the fool, 1) go to jail for assault on a minor, 2) has to pay a ton of money to the family, wiping out his bank account, 3) Is never allowed at any of the Cleveland (baseball, basketball and football) games or property, "EVER!". 4) His name and picture is publicised on all the TV channels in Cleveland and the newspapers as well.

People! It's only a silly little game, not life, not the world and anyone that's goes around showing their ***** like this is more of a child than any 8 year old I have ever known in my life. Oh, and get a life if you can't come to terms with that fact.

I hope they kill the "TAILGATER" parties all together. Buy a ticket and watch the game from inside the stadium, or stay at home and act like fools there.

I applaud the NY Jets for their extended kindness to the little fella and his family. They offered to fly them VIP to NY to watch the JETS play, to stay in the VIP lounge with all expenses paid for by the Jets. The father kindly turned them down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2010, 06:55 PM

2,204 posts, read 6,717,810 times
Wow.

Old 11-17-2010, 08:49 PM

4,361 posts, read 7,176,348 times
A jerk indeed... but, out of a crowd of 100,000+, there's bound to be a few idiots. I don't care where you are. Keep your wits and caution about you accordingly, dad.

With that, don't you think it's a tad silly to ruin the fun of the vast majority over the actions of a handful of people?

Old 11-17-2010, 09:55 PM

2,785 posts, read 6,632,125 times
Cleveland fans are pretty rude. But I come from Philly so I have no room to talk. Were they in the Dawg Pound? They have some pretty nasty fans there, and I have been told of numerous occasions where beer and other food/drinks were poured on people for wearing different jerseys.

Old 11-17-2010, 10:16 PM

2,204 posts, read 6,717,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland_Collector View Post
With that, don't you think it's a tad silly to ruin the fun of the vast majority over the actions of a handful of people?
That's what I was thinking ...

Going a little overboard aren't we?

Old 11-18-2010, 08:52 AM

41,957 posts, read 75,183,468 times
Poor kid.

However, your fallacious implication concerning tailgate parties is quite amusing. I'm not sure how outlawing tailgating would rid Cleveland or any other town of unsportsmanlike conduct; going to a tailgate party does not make one an idiot. Moreover, the idiots in question may not have been attended a tailgate party at all. They could just be ... idiots.

Old 11-18-2010, 11:49 AM

3,343 posts, read 10,935,659 times
The article quoted the mom as saying the fans inside the stadium were nice and that it happened when they were leaving.

Old 11-18-2010, 02:49 PM

7,685 posts, read 13,141,847 times
Cool All it takes is few to ruin it for everyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland_Collector View Post
A jerk indeed... but, out of a crowd of 100,000+, there's bound to be a few idiots. I don't care where you are. Keep your wits and caution about you accordingly, dad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy-Rise View Post
That's what I was thinking ...

Going a little overboard aren't we?
Actually, the General manager was the one that stated, "Tailgating on the Browns property is not a right, it's a privilege and we can remove that privilege". I guess they have been having problems with rude actions toward other teams fans, drunkenness, urinating, defecating and high levels of littering left behind when the tailgaters leave. Just a year or so ago a couple were beat up by two drunk off duty Cleveland cops in the tailgaters area, just because he brushed against one of the officers. Needless to say he won the law suite and both cops were let go.

So, this isn't an isolated incident and people like these fools are going to ruin it for everyone if it keeps up. I know some die-hard Browns fans that like to tailgate from time to time and even they say things get way out of hand down there.

Maybe they should have the tailgaters register and assign them specific spots, this way the authorities can go strait to the problem spots and deal with them post-haste

Old 11-18-2010, 02:49 PM

72 posts, read 115,256 times
There was a time that one of my friends who happens to be a Steelers fan and had a Browns fan urinate in a bottle and threw it on my friend because he was wearing a Pittsburgh coat. I believe that the guy left his seats and have no idea if they caught him but as gross and disturbing as that was at least it was an adult that could react...a child cannot. I robably would have ended up in jail if either of these incidents had happened to me or my kids.

Old 11-18-2010, 04:35 PM

1,066 posts, read 2,415,695 times
Three points.

Number 1--

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droolrockworm View Post
There was a time that one of my friends who happens to be a Steelers fan and had a Browns fan urinate in a bottle and threw it on my friend because he was wearing a Pittsburgh coat. I believe that the guy left his seats and have no idea if they caught him
Steelers suck.

Number 2--

The mother is the one telling the media about this. She also wasn't actually there. Interesting...

Number 3--

You're telling me that a full grown man ran up and 'Bobby Boucher'-style tackled an eight year old--and no one did anything? Sounds fishy. 100% of the guys I know in Cleveland would have made someone pay for doing something so cowardly.

I have a strong feeling that this is an unfinished story. I have an even stronger feeling that the national media won't publicize the finished story as much as they are spreading this garbage.

Either way, the fact that an eight year old was hurt is terrible. Even if a Browns fan accidentally bumped into the kid on the way to his father, this is still bad news.

Just more fuel for the 'Cleveland is a hole' propaganda and more ammunition for folks like ex Cleveland Mayor Campbell that want an end to tailgating in the first place.

Give me a freaking break...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
View detailed profiles of: