Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2006, 10:47 AM

976 posts, read 3,844,430 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know anything about this town? I have heard that it is west of Youngstown and its right on Lake Berlin i believe. I heard its great for boating and a nice vacation spot. Does anyone know anything about it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2006, 01:31 PM

35 posts, read 236,794 times
Default Craig Beach Info.

People in Craig Beach are nuts. Their town is like only a few acres big and yet they are all up in arms about making and enforcing their own weird rules. It would be like if Ohio itself tried to be it's own sovereign state and not part of the United States. There area isn't even that nice either. Good luck.

Old 08-24-2006, 11:48 PM

2 posts, read 17,742 times
Default Craig Beach

Craig Beach is not even really a town, it's just a speck on the map, on Lake Milton, not Berlin. Back in the day, there was an amusement park with a few rickety rides, but the BEST french fries in the world, served with vinegar. There's not much going on there nowadays; it's right next to the public beach...

Old 01-17-2007, 01:11 PM

1 posts, read 11,660 times
Default Craig Beach

I spent many summers in Craig Beach, visiting my cousins.I have many fond memories of swimming, carnival rides, and (attempting) sailboating.
I still have family there but don't get to go visit as I would like to. I was there last year and couldn't get over how much the area had changed. It is still a beautiful place, just different from my childhood memories.

Old 02-12-2008, 10:40 AM

1 posts, read 11,427 times
Cool Nuts... I'm not sure about that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbya739 View Post
People in Craig Beach are nuts. Their town is like only a few acres big and yet they are all up in arms about making and enforcing their own weird rules. It would be like if Ohio itself tried to be it's own sovereign state and not part of the United States. There area isn't even that nice either. Good luck.
I'm amazed at what I find when you search the internet. This area has come a long way since the day they drained the lake to now most homes are soaring in value. I don't consider myself, my family or my neighbors to be nuts. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and seems to me maybe you could use a new pair of glasses.

Old 02-12-2008, 12:03 PM

2,554 posts, read 6,871,249 times
I have been to Craig Beach, it is very nice. I was suprised how big Berlin Lake was. NE Ohio has a lot of large lakes across this region.

Old 02-12-2008, 04:25 PM

1,853 posts, read 9,658,974 times
Traveler
Berlin Lake, and Lake Milton are two different lakes on the Mahoning River. They are separated by a dam. You can't get from one to the other. Berlin is a huge lake. I want to say 6000 acres. (It can be looked up on the net.) Milton is just a mudhole that doesn't compare.

Old 02-12-2008, 06:41 PM

1,436 posts, read 3,288,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by South Range Family View Post
Milton is just a mudhole that doesn't compare.
I was waiting for someone to say that............That about sums up Milton too. Oh and it is I think the heaviest boat and jet ski traffic lake in the area in the summertime. Why, I still have no idea............

If you want to relax on a lake, Milton is not it. West Branch is pretty cool and right down the road too.

Old 02-18-2008, 04:54 PM

1 posts, read 11,396 times
I'm 66 and retired and was recently going through some 60 year old letter/diary info written by my mother during a "vacation" at Craig Beach in the mid to late 40's. I vaguely remember it myself but really not much. They rented a cottage near/on the beach, rented bikes, fished, swam and went to dances at some nearby amusement(?) park. Anyone out there that might be able to add some information? Are there still cottages for rent there? Where was the park?

Last edited by george Fresty; 02-18-2008 at 04:57 PM.. Reason: omit last name

Old 08-09-2008, 03:33 PM

1 posts, read 10,969 times
We at Craig Beach like our rules just fine The only reason for all the rules is to help our park and Town stay clean and nice and free of the riff-raff punks that have nothing better to do then come here and try and destroy something nice. We enjoy living here and have moved from areas filled with pollution and unruly punks who do not think rules or curfews apply to them. so simply put if you dont enjoy our little piece of happiness stay home and destroy your own neighborhoods
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio