Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2007, 03:19 PM

2 posts, read 7,511 times

Advertisements

Just looking for any info on SE area of warren, schools, crime, stuff like that from people who live there or go there alot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2007, 03:47 PM

3,343 posts, read 10,931,422 times
Well, i guess it depends where on the SE Side. Do you have anything in mind when it comes to certain roads? It's a little spotty over there, especially off of Niles Rd., but some of the SE side is in the Howland school district. I have some friends that live on the NE Side of warren and they are happy w/the public schools there, specifically Lincoln Elementary. Some of the NE side is also in the Howland school district. Guess it depends on your price range. If you have kids and are concerned about sending them to good, safe schools, i would look into Howland, Champion or Cortland/Bazetta (Lakeview Schools). Are you interesting in city, suburban, or country living???? I think most of the school districts in Trumbull Co. are pretty good. Warren gets a bad rap, but from what i've heard it's one of the best for honors and college prep students. Warren also offers a wider variety of classes compared to the suburban schools in the area. Their athletic programs are pretty competitive also. If you have anymore questions on the warren area feel free post them or PM me.

Old 07-11-2007, 07:31 PM

89 posts, read 372,094 times
I recently purchased a home in Warren on the NW side. Alot of people say it's bad, but from what I've experienced so far has been all good. I am moving to Warren from Lorain and was worried about the crime and the schools. I have spent alot of time there and I like it alot. My neighbors who have lived in Warren for a long time, said it's a nice place to live if you don't get involved in the wrong things. But that is true everywhere you go. They also have kids in Warren City Schools and said they are not bad. They are building all new schools and the students have to wear uniforms. All of the people I've met so far are really friendly. Noone has ever bothered us.

Old 07-22-2010, 07:22 PM

2 posts, read 4,095 times
My family just moved into Warren, SE area, near Trumbull Hospital. We had to run a Drug dealer, prostitutes and child sex offender out of the neighborhood, they moves to the next block. We hear lots of gun shots, plenty of drug trafficing. Just check out where your moving, if the house is really cheap, it is probable a bad neighborhood.

Old 07-23-2010, 04:38 AM

Ya, i guess you should have come here asking for advice before moving to that area. Generally i would say you want to be east of Kenilworth and probably on the north side of E. Market between Market, Genesee and Atlantic. If you're going to live on the SE side you better live in the Howland School District or close to Market St., the closer to North Rd. the better. I hope you are just renting there and that you didn't buy. Besides the trashy people that were already here, now we've got dealers from Ytown and Detroit setting up shop in some of our neighborhoods in Warren.

Old 07-23-2010, 12:52 PM

571 posts, read 943,206 times
Just be careful- when it comes to Warren, if it looks suspicious, it probably is. Usually you can tell right away just by driving around and looking. I grew up in Howland which is probably one of the most WASP-y places in NE Ohio.

I dunno... the worst part is the part near Kennedy (JFK high school) as well as by the bridge over the Mahoning River, near the produce market & row of shops.

Old 07-23-2010, 10:43 PM

Yeah, that whole area between 422 and 169 is bad. The areas around Forum Health (Trumbull Memorial) aren't that great anymore and the entire SW side is bad. Plus that area patches of good and bad throughout the city. Like Untamed said, if it looks shady it probably is. Renter and trash don't take care of their homes and yards and those are the areas with the drug and prostitution problems. The nicely manicured lawns are the good areas with working people that own their homes.

Old 12-21-2010, 06:41 PM

1 posts, read 2,439 times
How is Belmont Ave area of Warren? I am looking to buy some rental property there but wanted help from some local knowledge. Thanks

Old 12-21-2010, 06:54 PM

I wouldn't want to live there. It's not a good area, lots of drugs, etc. When a neighborhood is mostly rentals that's what you get.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
View detailed profiles of: