Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2011, 05:28 PM

4,651 posts, read 4,968,796 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelieveInCleve View Post
Remember in 1974 when the Cleveland Cavaliers played in Richfield? Richfield is in Summit County, 5 miles closer to DT Akron than DT Cleveland, yet they were still called the Cleveland Cavaliers. That was 37 years ago.
Funny you bring that up. Nick Mileti had the Coliseum built there because he envisioned a Cleveland-Akron megalopolis at which Richfield would be the center. Of course, this never happened, and the Cavs moved back to downtown Cleveland.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2011, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Downtown Cleveland and Downtown Youngstown are 61 miles apart, this is the literal distance though not the driving distance (which isn't straight there). Measuring this way puts DT Dayton and DT Cincinnati 49 miles apart, Springfield would be in the Cincinnati CSA still at 68 miles from DT Cincinnati. DT Canton is 51 miles from DT Cleveland, DT Akron is 30 miles from DT Cleveland.
The flying distance?

Are you for real? The flying distance?

Old 01-13-2011, 05:58 PM

3,070 posts, read 11,918,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecavsbrowns View Post
Funny you bring that up. Nick Mileti had the Coliseum built there because he envisioned a Cleveland-Akron megalopolis at which Richfield would be the center. Of course, this never happened, and the Cavs moved back to downtown Cleveland.
Cleveland/Akron already was a megalopolis in 1974. And is a CSA and a Metroplex, soon to be a MSA. Richfield is close to the Geographic center of the immediate Cleveland/Akron area/CSA. So yes, it not only did happen but it already happened at the time it was built.

Now, if you're talking envisioning Richfield as being the downtown for the Cleveland/Akron area and having huge skyscrapers, that didn't happen, and it would be idiotic to ever think that would happen.

Quote:
So that area is part of Northeast Ohio, and I just can't see that because I'm too used to...Northeast Ohio?

This is all so complicated!
What are you talking about?

The point was that the area between Bainbridge and Warren actually has a decent population density and is not just miles of nothing. It actually has a moderate-high population density compared to most areas of the country and even Ohio, as odd as it may seem to you or me (being from dense areas/regions). Bainbridge-Warren is obviously part of NE Ohio, I don't know where you were going with that...

Old 01-13-2011, 06:02 PM

Quote:
The flying distance?

Are you for real? The flying distance?
The actual distance between two areas.

I added that to possibly justify how the other poster got their distances between the two areas... You can do it pretty easily with this tool: Distance Between Cities Places On Map Distance Calculator

I don't understand your hate for Cleveland and NE Ohio, especially seeing your name. From your posts on this thread you just come off as some troll or idiot who has a grudge against NE Ohio for some reason even though your screen name shows you're most likely from here...

Old 01-13-2011, 06:15 PM

Quote:
The actual distance between two areas.

I added that to possibly justify how the other poster got their distances between the two areas... You can do it pretty easily with this tool: Distance Between Cities Places On Map Distance Calculator

I don't understand your hate for Cleveland and NE Ohio, especially seeing your name. From your posts on this thread you just come off as some troll or idiot who has a grudge against NE Ohio for some reason even though your screen name shows you're most likely from here...
My work here is done. You and the other guy go and carry on lying your asses off. I trust no one else will believe you.

Old 01-13-2011, 06:26 PM

4,361 posts, read 7,172,111 times
Quote:
You need to get your story straight.

Nick Mileti built the Coliseum there because the land was cheap and because it is near the geographical center of Northeast Ohio. It actually did happen to become what is currently the center of the Cleveland to Akron sprawl. There are absolutely no rural land areas between Cleveland and Akron other than the National Park and MetroParks systems.

Unfortunately, the coliseum was built on the cheap. It had only one concourse, the luxury suites were the worst seats in the house, and it was a nightmare to get in and out of. Fast forward 20 years. The Gunds now own the team and had a completely different philosophy than Mileti did. They wanted the team in the heart of downtown in a state of the art facility and part of a brand new sports complex where the luxury suites were actually good seats and, therefore, much easier to capitalize on. Everything about the Gund Arena (now the "Q") was better than the Richfield Coliseum. Therefore, it was quickly rendered obsolete.

Old 01-13-2011, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unusualfire View Post
^The Census says so. Just let it play out to see where it leads in a year or so. Honestly it sounds like you are upset that the Cleveland area is falling behind.
Really, I'm not the one trying to turn Dayton into a suburb of Cincinnati.

Old 01-13-2011, 06:31 PM

Quote:
My work here is done. You and the other guy go and carry on lying your asses off. I trust no one else will believe you.
Seriously? What did you accomplish besides proving to be an expert at baseless conjecture?

Old 01-13-2011, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unusualfire View Post
Cleveland is not centered where Akron is located. It's centered along a lake. It's growth can not go north. Cincinnati is centered around 3 states and can grow any direction. That's why Cleveland is more dense than Cincinnati.
Yeah...that almost makes sense.

Old 01-13-2011, 08:23 PM

Quote:
I really can't tell if this and your other posts in here are just a joke (which I hope) or you're actually being serious.

What "work"? your work was to continue to babble on about nothing in a thread and continue to get proven wrong on everything you said? Than I would say you did a pretty good job lol. Whatever your intentions were on this thread you have succeeded in never being taken serious by any of us ever again and noone "believing you" from this point forward...

Look back at my posts on this thread and my other thread about the Cleveland/Akron/Canton metro. What I brought was charts, maps, data, reality etc "facts". You more or less said nothing, for whatever reason, and are trying to leave this thread before it's too late without justifying anything or admitting you were wrong. Good job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio