Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 12:24 PM

13,352 posts, read 39,959,401 times

Advertisements

Hey, I hope you don't mind a post from someone from Tennessee.

An Ohio pizza chain is opening its first location outside of Ohio in my hometown of Cookeville, Tennessee. It's called Wedgewood Pizza. I was just wondering what people in Ohio think about Wedgewood Pizza. I'd never heard of it, but I saw its very impressive menu. Should we be really excited that it's coming to town?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2007, 03:21 PM

1,853 posts, read 9,687,774 times
Wedgewood pizza is from the Austintown area. It's a legend to most people around here. I can honestly only remember eating it twice myself. It has a medium thick crust with a good sauce. My wife grew up with it and loves it. My brother drives 25 miles into town to get some. I prefer the thicker, greasier, Westgate pizza that is just down the road from it. I remember the owner being like the Soup Nazi, but he is probably dead by now.
I wonder if they are franchising, or if a family member is moving to your area.

A quick Google search makes it look like a franchise now. There are only three in our area. Raccoon Rd. is the original store.
Wedgewood pizza, youngstown, ohio - Google Search

Old 07-17-2007, 06:56 PM

3,343 posts, read 10,935,659 times
I used to work w/a lot of people from Austintown and Youngstown that raved about wedgewood and always brought it to work when there was a party. We have one in Howland now, in fact, i just had some on Sunday, it was quite tasty and cheap, 8 slices for $6. Enjoy!

Old 07-17-2007, 07:12 PM

3,343 posts, read 10,935,659 times
Wedgewood Pizza

Another good Y-town treat:

Handel's Homemade Ice Cream &*Yogurt

Old 07-17-2007, 07:56 PM

13,352 posts, read 39,959,401 times
Well after reading your posts everyone, I am definitely looking forward to Wedgewood opening up here in Tennessee! Thanks for your help, and I'll be sure to report back after I've tried it. It really does sound good.

Old 11-04-2007, 11:13 AM

1 posts, read 6,814 times
Talking wedgewood pizza

You would be lucky to have any local pizza place from Youngstown open a franchise in your town! I grew up on the huge variety of Youngstown pizza and live in California now where the only pizza I get is Costco, Little Caesars, or Dominos (ick) because they're all about the same. There are a few local owned pizza places that serve organic, whole wheat, herbed, odd topping(that you would never find on real pizza) pizzas that are ok, but they cost more than $25 for a pizza!! On occasion we've had relatives ship us out some pizza from Youngstown and it's still the best even after traveling 3000 miles!
Be excited!!!!

Old 07-21-2008, 07:05 AM

14 posts, read 44,897 times
I grew up by Mahoning Ave. shopping center, not far from Wedgewood Pizza. That is where my parents got pizza.

I've been all over the Eastern US with my job, and I can tell you, Youngstown Pizza is THE BEST. Nobody makes it like Youngstown. Bad Youngstown pizza is better than the best pizza I've tried else where. I don't know why, it just is.

Old 07-21-2008, 02:13 PM

3,106 posts, read 7,374,458 times
You mean there is better pizza in Ohio than Sunrise pizza in Warren? I don't know - that pizza is the best I've ever tasted.

Grew up in Warren - brother & I live in different states now but when we go to Warren or Mom comes to visit - HAVE to get a Sunrise pizza for home.

Old 07-21-2008, 03:06 PM

2,154 posts, read 4,425,518 times
Just curious.. how does one ship a pizza? Is it already baked? How do you pack it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by litsa55 View Post
You would be lucky to have any local pizza place from Youngstown open a franchise in your town! I grew up on the huge variety of Youngstown pizza and live in California now where the only pizza I get is Costco, Little Caesars, or Dominos (ick) because they're all about the same. There are a few local owned pizza places that serve organic, whole wheat, herbed, odd topping(that you would never find on real pizza) pizzas that are ok, but they cost more than $25 for a pizza!! On occasion we've had relatives ship us out some pizza from Youngstown and it's still the best even after traveling 3000 miles!
Be excited!!!!

Old 07-21-2008, 08:58 PM

3,106 posts, read 7,374,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOhioBound View Post
Just curious.. how does one ship a pizza? Is it already baked? How do you pack it?
Saw on the Sunrise Pizza in Columbus website that they will FedEx them. Heard they bake them then freeze them, put them in dry ice, - a little warming at home gets them good as new. Mom often froze baked ones from Sunrise when bringing one to me - tasted almost perfect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio