U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2011, 02:44 PM

10,116 posts, read 5,513,126 times

Advertisements

Hello everybody,

What are the reasons to live in Ohio ?.Many people want to go to Sunny states ...
Except reasons of family what do you search in Ohio ?.
Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2011, 02:54 PM

2,554 posts, read 3,949,934 times
Umm, just like any reason you search to move to any other state... It really isn't that tough of a question. I mean, I don't want to sound like I am downing the question.

But Ohio has large and medium sized cities, a diverse economy home to plenty of large companies, great school districts, awesome park systems, lots of culture, amusement parks, a diverse topography, and much more.

Old 02-12-2011, 05:29 PM

3,975 posts, read 6,961,396 times
they have water.

that will become very important in the not too distant future!

Old 02-12-2011, 05:44 PM

10,116 posts, read 5,513,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalblue View Post
they have water.

that will become very important in the not too distant future!

I agree ,with Minnesota ,Wisconsin..

Old 02-12-2011, 07:24 PM

5,817 posts, read 7,376,665 times
And we also have three social (W) classes. The Wealthy class, the Welfare Riders class and the Working class. Note that the Working class is last because we have to carry the other two and they steal from us one way or another.

Old 02-12-2011, 09:47 PM

2,554 posts, read 3,949,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthBound? View Post
And we also have three social (W) classes. The Wealthy class, the Welfare Riders class and the Working class. Note that the Working class is last because we have to carry the other two and they steal from us one way or another.
To be honest EarthBound, I agree with you on pretty much everything lol, but every state qualifies for this.

Old 02-13-2011, 01:33 PM

2,375 posts, read 2,880,682 times
Earthbound also believes you shouldn't have to wear a seatbelt.

I have a feeling natural selection will pick him off soon.

Either way, my reasons:
I can get a job there
The people are some of the friendliest I've ever met
Great nightlife scene in most urban areas (Cleveland, Cinci, Akron all have things to do every night. If you are bored in any of those cities then you're doing it wrong)
Comfortable summers, beautiful snowy winters, striking fall colors and gorgeous springs
Low taxes (If you think Ohio taxes are high, move to Chicago, LA, NY, NJ, MA, or even Tennessee (no income tax, but that sales tax is a killer)
Great sports culture
Amazing food (Cleveland is being hailed as one of the hot new culinary meccas of the 21st century)
WATER! (I dream of owning a boat someday)
Did I mention some of the best people I've ever known?

Ohio is a state of so many contrasts. Yes, it's cold in the winter... but after 4 months of snow on the ground spring just seems so much sweeter!

Old 02-13-2011, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKUKUK View Post
Earthbound also believes you shouldn't have to wear a seatbelt.

I have a feeling natural selection will pick him off soon.
See, you still don't pay attention to what other say, you just want to make comments without purpose.

What I said is, "I wear a seat belt, but I think that should be a personal choice", not micro-managed by the Government. Get it right and pay attention.

And the natural selection comment?! What the heck is that all about, like to attack people do you?

Last edited by EarthBound?; 02-13-2011 at 02:03 PM..

Old 02-13-2011, 01:51 PM

2,375 posts, read 2,880,682 times
The above post is such an abomination of the English language...

What is my living proof that drive-by shooting has a purpose? I never said anything about that.

However, you laugh about natural selection or drive-by shootings? If you laugh about either of those you are either too unintelligent or too mentally screwed up to be using a computer. You should seek help.

Old 02-13-2011, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKUKUK View Post
The above post is such an abomination of the English language...

What is my living proof that drive-by shooting has a purpose? I never said anything about that.

However, you laugh about natural selection or drive-by shootings? If you laugh about either of those you are either too unintelligent or too mentally screwed up to be using a computer. You should seek help.

Don't reply to my posts and I'll stay away from yours, got it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio