Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2007, 02:43 AM

123 posts, read 560,640 times

Advertisements

Good luck to those whom have all left. Trust me, you wont regret it. You dont know what your missing in the "real" world, lol...

Old 05-04-2007, 10:43 AM

103 posts, read 453,165 times
Default Get Over It

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneWayOut View Post
Good luck to those whom have all left. Trust me, you wont regret it. You dont know what your missing in the "real" world, lol...
there you go cutting a place down again, I think we all have thoroughly understood how much who hate ohio on this thread....let it go. By the way why do you keep coming back to the Ohio board to post anyway? Your long gone right? Sorry just a little fed up with someone throwing there 2 cents in all the time when they aren't even a Buckeye anymore

Old 05-04-2007, 12:09 PM

Hey OH_girl,
Im stuck in Alabama haha, what part of GA. you in? We moved down here for a job transfer for hubby it's alright haven't been here too long, sure miss my family and home though. Have a great day!

Last edited by Yac; 05-05-2007 at 08:00 AM.. Reason: quote from a deleted post removed.

Old 05-04-2007, 12:10 PM

9 posts, read 35,777 times
Bainbridge. Moved down here 10 years ago when dad got out of the service. This place is like tar, when you get in its really hard to get out!

Old 05-04-2007, 12:37 PM

3,860 posts, read 8,452,624 times
Default We get it. You hate Ohio. Big whoop!

Quote:
Ohio is not for everyone. Lots of people love it. Lots hate it. You seem to get pleasure out of bashing Ohio. Since nothing is free, you will be billed for our services. You should receive a bill w/in the next 7-10 business days. We are glad to be of service to you! Have a nice day!

Last edited by yayoi; 05-04-2007 at 12:47 PM..

Old 05-04-2007, 12:45 PM

1,408 posts, read 4,862,623 times
Quote:
Well, you've apparently found your "One Way Out" and took it to Arizona. Good job! So...

Buh-BYE!

Old 05-04-2007, 12:47 PM

656 posts, read 2,315,752 times
Default Absolutely Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkx3 View Post

there you go cutting a place down again, I think we all have thoroughly understood how much who hate ohio on this thread....let it go. By the way why do you keep coming back to the Ohio board to post anyway? Your long gone right? Sorry just a little fed up with someone throwing there 2 cents in all the time when they aren't even a Buckeye anymore
Agreed. His problem is solved; there is really nothing more to discuss.

It reminds me of the Different Strokes theme song. "Now the world don't move to the beat of just one drum."

Old 05-05-2007, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH_girl_stuck_in_GA View Post
Bainbridge. Moved down here 10 years ago when dad got out of the service. This place is like tar, when you get in its really hard to get out!
well I hope were not down here that long haha...it's not so bad were bout an hour east of BHam. It's just an adjustment, besides living in Florida awhile back I've been a midwestern gal my whole life. I miss my family and Lake Erie but love the weather down here. The more friends we make the easier it is. Have a great day!

Old 05-05-2007, 08:59 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,219,039 times
Wink Fascinating

I just saw this thread and had to add my comments, having lived in metro Columbus for the past 14 years and recently moving to Sacramento, California. I also lived in suburban Cleveland in the late 1970's.

Much of Ohio is very pleasant, and I enjoyed the majority of my time residing there. Regarding Ohio personalities, I found the folks to generally be pretty pleasant, and even tempered. The only negative observation I have is the folks around the Cleveland area seem to have a bit of a defensiveness towards their area, but they have been taking a national beating for so long I can understand this feeling.

I found the folks to be generally caring people, with a few jerks tossed in just as you have anywhere else. I found my business dealings generally acceptable, with no more problems then you would encounter elsewhere. I generally found their ethics to be good, with a decency to their personalities. I noticed a bit of smugness, but no more than found in other places. I also saw decent toleration, with the usual mix of disagreements concerning the rights of others. Overall, it seemed pretty reasonable to me.

Regarding things to do, there was a bit of a lack of "natural" habitats, like the Hocking Hills, but that is part of the midwest. I think they have done a very good job of creating "artificial" entertainment, amusement parks and museums to provide sufficient culture.

I love it out here in California, lots to do and see. But I think Ohio has its share of positive attributes too, and think that each has to find where provides what they want in life.

Best of luck to you in Arizona! And best to the Ohio folks too. Enjoyed my time there.

Old 05-06-2007, 01:18 AM

8 posts, read 18,740 times
Default Hazardous waste?

Hi ,

I'm new to the forum, Ive been reading up on Ohio, the Wooster area, my husband and I are looking for a small town to live in, we live in a very big town in Chicago land as they call it, Arlington Heights. My husband is retired so work and traveling to work is not a problem. I am originally from Brooklyn believe it or not but I've been here in Illinois for 22 years and I like it well enough but Ohio is halfway to where my children are living, its a day trip which sounds great to me. Its either Ohio or Pa. and from what I am hearing I didn't pick out a great spot and pa is no bargain either. I have no idea what Ohio is like but when I read the stats and data on this site I almost died, Wooster is loaded with haszardous waste sites, what is that, what is hazardous waste? there must have been 30 HW sites on that little map, do they mean nuclear waste, sewerage?what? I was also dumbfounded by the amount of sex offenders, I had picked out houses in Orrville and wooster and Orville is even worse, 8,000 people and there were 9 rapes? an unusal amount of robberies and all this in a small town like that and that only goes up to 2005. Wooster is up there with the sex ooffenders too, whats up with that? now I have to find a new place to go and I have no idea where, any ideas? Any input will be appreciated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio