U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 11:38 AM

56 posts, read 111,929 times
"Life and times" shot in 2008. In my living room in Cleveland of me and my son. LOL....You should see the scenery lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2009, 03:19 PM

374 posts, read 696,245 times
Shawshank Redemption, hands down is my all time favorite movie. A Christmas Story is my favorite christmas movie, I actually watched all 24 hours of it on TBS one Christmas. When I first saw it as a kid, I already knew it was filmed in Cleveland. In Too Deep with Omar Epps and LL Cool J is another favorite of mine, most of it was shot in the Over-The-Rhine section of Cincinnati.

I do feel Ohio needs to take more advantage of Hollywood filmmaking. Since the state of Michigan started offering more incentives to filmmakers, there has been an increase in movies filmed in Michigan, mainly Detroit and Flint. There is a website called Filming in Detroit.com that has alot of information about Detroit's movie scene. I feel areas like Cleveland and Columbus can adopt a similar plan and bring more money and jobs into Ohio. I live in Toledo, and this city really could benefit from Hollywood filmmaking being its close proximity to Detroit. Movie makers scout shooting locations 60 miles away from where their original location. Toledo has not taken advantage of this yet and to my knowledge I know of no feature films ever filmed in this city.

Old 04-20-2009, 08:39 PM

56 posts, read 150,675 times
In to deep (Cincinnati)

Old 04-20-2009, 08:52 PM

846 posts, read 783,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lastonestanding View Post
Shawshank Redemption, hands down is my all time favorite movie. A Christmas Story is my favorite christmas movie, I actually watched all 24 hours of it on TBS one Christmas. When I first saw it as a kid, I already knew it was filmed in Cleveland. In Too Deep with Omar Epps and LL Cool J is another favorite of mine, most of it was shot in the Over-The-Rhine section of Cincinnati.

I do feel Ohio needs to take more advantage of Hollywood filmmaking. Since the state of Michigan started offering more incentives to filmmakers, there has been an increase in movies filmed in Michigan, mainly Detroit and Flint. There is a website called Filming in Detroit.com that has alot of information about Detroit's movie scene. I feel areas like Cleveland and Columbus can adopt a similar plan and bring more money and jobs into Ohio. I live in Toledo, and this city really could benefit from Hollywood filmmaking being its close proximity to Detroit. Movie makers scout shooting locations 60 miles away from where their original location. Toledo has not taken advantage of this yet and to my knowledge I know of no feature films ever filmed in this city.
There was one in the 1940s. Can't for the life of me remember the name of it.

Carty was on 'The Daily Show' about 10 years ago promoting film making in Toledo.

He wanted action films shot there. His idea was they could get old abandoned factories and warehouses blown up for free and then redevelop. LOLs.

It actually kind of made sense.

Old 04-21-2009, 12:13 PM

3,514 posts, read 4,762,238 times
I haven't seen it yet nor even know if it's a good movie, but The Soloist was shot in Cleveland's Hough neighborhood last year. It comes to theaters this weekend:

The Soloist (2009)

Old 04-21-2009, 01:40 PM

3,070 posts, read 7,670,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by costello_musicman View Post
I haven't seen it yet nor even know if it's a good movie, but The Soloist was shot in Cleveland's Hough neighborhood last year. It comes to theaters this weekend:

The Soloist (2009)
Ive already heard a lot about that movie, seen a lot of previews for it too.

Thats interesting. I wonder what side of Hough they got. The new suburban looking houses and apartments, the projects, or the rough decayed areas that are left. Well have to wait and see I guess.

Old 04-21-2009, 03:52 PM

2,794 posts, read 3,354,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by costello_musicman View Post

The Soloist (2009)

Cleveland is a popular spot for movies lately.

For me, I would have to say my favorite Christmas movie, a Christmas Story shot in Cleveland.

Old 04-22-2009, 11:53 AM

241 posts, read 859,181 times
Two other decent movies that were filmed in Cincinnati but haven't been mentioned in this thread are Little Man Tate and The Mighty. Also, parts of Silence of the Lambs were shot in Belvedere, OH.

Old 04-22-2009, 12:18 PM

405 posts, read 800,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cle440 View Post
I wonder what side of Hough they got. The new suburban looking houses and apartments, the projects, or the rough decayed areas that are left. Well have to wait and see I guess.
I would guess the areas with older housing stock, since they are trying to portray the time period when he grew up there, which would probably be in the 1960s or 1970s, when it was a very dense neighborhood.

Weren't parts of Antwone Fisher also shot in the Hough neighborhood?

Old 04-22-2009, 02:40 PM

3,070 posts, read 7,670,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jam40jeff View Post
I would guess the areas with older housing stock, since they are trying to portray the time period when he grew up there, which would probably be in the 1960s or 1970s, when it was a very dense neighborhood.

Weren't parts of Antwone Fisher also shot in the Hough neighborhood?
Possibly. I have to watch it again.

On IMDB it says Cleveland, OH and Glenville (Cleveland neighborhood).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio