Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2008, 09:45 AM

3,343 posts, read 10,935,659 times

Advertisements

Lately the state has been going Republican, but not always. Yes, upper Ohio is democrat and NE Ohio is one of the most densely populated parts of the state, so that makes a big difference.

Check out this website:

Dave Leip's Atlas of U.S. Presidential Elections Go to the Presidential General Election Graph Comparison for Ohio.

Quote:
Note, this site uses Blue for Republicans and Red for Democrats. I know that most media outlets have adopted the opposite color key in recent years. However, due to the sheer volume of maps on this site, changing them to match the media's recent color choices requires a significant investment in time. The colors are only a key to the candidates that win each state, county or municipality... there is no significance in the color representation for a given party

I'm not saying Ohio is democrat, but we are traditionally a swing state.........
with a democrat for a Governor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2008, 09:56 AM

450 posts, read 1,203,200 times
ARe you sure for Presidents we have been a swing state?
Quote:
Originally Posted by CortlandGirl79 View Post
Lately the state has been going Republican, but not always. Yes, upper Ohio is democrat and NE Ohio is one of the most densely populated parts of the state, so that makes a big difference.

Check out this website:

Dave Leip's Atlas of U.S. Presidential Elections Go to the Presidential General Election Graph Comparison for Ohio.

I'm not saying Ohio is democrat, but we are traditionally a swing state.........
with a democrat for a Governor.

Old 02-16-2008, 08:59 AM

2,554 posts, read 6,902,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikieo415 View Post
What are you talking about? No one mentioned Denver. This post just proves that you have an agenda and want to start something.

I am trying to start something??? You were the one who started yelling at me first! You made a comment about the driver who backed out of their driveway and the other person blew their horn, and you said "get use to it" something around that quote. You even made it a point to come back and say something again. If anyone was starting something it would be YOU. Seems like you are one of those people that always has to have the last word. If you don't like the posts being posted in here, don't post in the Ohio forum.

Old 02-16-2008, 09:00 AM

Quote:
I hate to say it but that sounds normal. Just brace yourself for more to come.
Thats what I am talking about.

Old 02-16-2008, 09:42 AM

353 posts, read 1,706,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler87 View Post
I am trying to start something??? You were the one who started yelling at me first! You made a comment about the driver who backed out of their driveway and the other person blew their horn, and you said "get use to it" something around that quote. You even made it a point to come back and say something again. If anyone was starting something it would be YOU. Seems like you are one of those people that always has to have the last word. If you don't like the posts being posted in here, don't post in the Ohio forum.
Here we go again... This does look rather argumentative. You only vindicate me.

Old 02-16-2008, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikieo415 View Post
Here we go again... This does look rather argumentative. You only vindicate me.
No its not here we go again, its you starting yet another arguement. I even stated in the first one I was not fighting, but I guess you consider it an arguement. I am done, I am not going to risk anything here because you decide to start things.

Old 02-16-2008, 10:01 AM

7,685 posts, read 13,141,847 times
Cool Oh Well !

All I'm saying is that Ohio sucks and I'm out of here as so as I can. Why? I hate the taxes, welfare riders, lack of work, immigrants, the laws, the traffic, the pollution, trailer park trash and I can keep going on and on and on.

They need to put a sickle and hammer in the red circle of the Ohio flag with the word in the white ring saying, "Peoples Republic of Communist Ohio".

Its the working people that are suffering in this sorry a*# state.

Old 05-13-2008, 02:33 PM

3 posts, read 10,949 times
I usually am pretty positive too but I think the economy has alot to do with alot of the smuge people, today the gas at walmart was 3.87 a gallon and across the road 3.95 a gallon . The area I live at has hardly any jobs due to shutting down and dosen't pay all that well if opened. Alot of fast food joints but for good paying jobs nope! I got so aggervated over the gas today when I got off work and saw how it had raised again...my son has two small children and wife dosen't work and they just live pay day to pay day (literally) no money in the pocket after bills are paid...I have been helping them out but its starting to take a toll on me too! I don't think it is OHIO in general, probably same everywhere...You just notice it here because you live here. I don't think many people are all that happy anymore...

Old 05-13-2008, 04:35 PM

5,963 posts, read 12,434,707 times
Default Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbagirl View Post
Onewayout... I don't understand something....

If you're so happy in AZ.... why the heck do you keep coming back to the Ohio forum?????

Didn't get enough Ohio bashing the first time around, so now you have time to spend for another go around? Not sure I understand where you feel the need to keep coming around.... Since you hate Ohio so much and all.....

Enlighten me?
LOL it must be ALL those illegals he has to deal with in AZ.

Old 05-13-2008, 06:12 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,183,415 times
I hate to say this but, what you have listed is a reflection of the larger society, not just ohio.

Hell, many of those things you listed are in Chicago and many other cities, small and large. I can understand wanting to leave Ohio but just remember Ohio is not unique as it relates to the issues you listed. No matter where you go, you may not have this exact same list but you most certainly will have a list. Maybe when you move to a new city you'll just looooooove it but once you get settled and get to know the city, you'll have another list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagabond View Post
I thought this would be an interesting and informative thread for those who may be looking to relocate here. Feel free to add your own reasons. Caveat: I live in Cuyahoga County and my opinions may be specific to just this county.
===============================================

-Property taxes are TOO HIGH and grossly out of step with the local economy.

-School systems are in the toilet, yet they keep presenting levies each year to try to put a green band-aid on the issues effecting the schools...and of course that raises the property taxes on an already over-taxed population.

-Sales tax is TOO HIGH, and they are getting ready to raise it again in September. See above statement.

-CRIME: because the economy is in the toilet, people are getting desperate and gangs and violent crime are on the rise.

-Weather: Who needs short summers and long, cold as f*ck winters? I literally get to see my yard in full lush green for 4-5 months before everything begins to turn brown and die. And then here comes the snow...

-Pollution: Ohio, true to its manufacturing, steel belt history, is one of the most polluted states in the Union. 3 out of 7 people in my immediate family have all developed asthma living here.

-The People: Not all, but too many are cold, unfriendly, racist (but in that quiet, unconfrontational way), undereducated...I could go on and on. Most of them don't even make eye contact on the street, let alone say "hello".

-Entertainment: Football, Basketball...College Football, College Basketball...Baseball...and our teams mostly suck.

=============================================

There it is, my Ohio hate list. Thank God I'll be leaving this hell hole soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio