U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-04-2007, 11:30 AM

3 posts, read 7,116 times
Default Back to East Liverpool, Ohio

Back to ELO
In April 1983 I moved from East Liverpool, Ohio to Virginia Beach, Va.
In October 2006 I sold the house in Virginia Beach, Va and moved back to East Liverpool, Ohio after I had been gone from here for 23 long years. .

I bought a house here in East Liverpool and two weeks later bought another house in East liverpool. (ok so I do things a little differently, hehehe) I couldn't pass the second house up. It was the house I owned before moving to Virginia in 83.

I recently placed the first house up for sale and are now living in the second house.

It has been an interesting adventure and am glad to be back home again, after all my roots go deep here, all the way back to the 1780s
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2007, 07:41 PM

2 posts, read 4,742 times
Welcome back to Ohio. My in-laws live in Va. Beach, and we're considered moving there many times, but I can't get past the cost of real estate there!!

I would love to move back to some of my previous homes, especially my early childhood home.

I have always wondered about life in ELO. I notice they have some really nice homes, at very reasonable prices.

Has it changed a lot since you were there many years ago?

Old 08-19-2007, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimOhio View Post
Welcome back to Ohio. My in-laws live in Va. Beach, and we're considered moving there many times, but I can't get past the cost of real estate there!!

LOL. You will enjoy this story. In April I bought a townhouse in Va Beach. It was 61,900.00

I sold that same townhouse in October 2006, just 7 years later for 173,000.00. That was what I used to come back home (ELO) and buy two houses here along with other things.

Yes, housing is high there to buy or to rent.

Quote:
I would love to move back to some of my previous homes, especially my early childhood home.
Are you from East Liverpool?
The house I grew up in was taken by the state for the first phase or Route 11 here in East Liverpool.

It was a big house, 21 rooms, 3 stories, etc. So I have alwasy suspected it was originally built by probably one of the pottery owners. Since I moved back here I set about researching its history. Sure enough, it was built by Oliver W. Burford one of the brothers who owned the Burford Bros Pottery.

The house was built between 1877 and 1886.
I am curretly in the process of wrting a article, including pics of the house, etc for the East Liverpool historical Society web site.
East Liverpool Historical Society - Home

It was really a blast researching the history of that house and I learned even more about ELO in the process.

Quote:
I have always wondered about life in ELO. I notice they have some really nice homes, at very reasonable prices.
Yes they do and over time pics of many of those homes will be placed on that Historical Society website. You might enjoy checking it out from time to time. It's free

I have a house for sale, very nice house. Three lots of ground, huge 2 car garage. Central air, newer high eff. gas furnace, etc very resonable. It is the one I bought when I got back here in October last year.

Quote:
Has it changed a lot since you were there many years ago?
Yes, there is less of it now. more empty lots where houses or buildings once were. However, once upon a time the population of East liverpool was 136 people. Now that was a very long time ago but it grew from there so it is possible it can and will begin to grow again. There are people who live here who are dedicated to making that happen.

Thanks for your reply
jim

Old 08-20-2007, 09:32 AM

2 posts, read 4,742 times
What a great story! I would love to make a profit like that!!

No, I'm not from ELO. I've been looking for a new town to move to, and for my price range, and type of home I want, ELO keeps coming up.

WOW! 21 rooms! Now, that's my kind of house!!!!!!!!

I will keep checking in at the Historical Society, looks like some interesting reading there.

Feel free to PM me, and tell me a little more about your home for sale.

Take care!

Kim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyeelo View Post
LOL. You will enjoy this story. In April I bought a townhouse in Va Beach. It was 61,900.00

I sold that same townhouse in October 2006, just 7 years later for 173,000.00. That was what I used to come back home (ELO) and buy two houses here along with other things.

Yes, housing is high there to buy or to rent.

Are you from East Liverpool?
The house I grew up in was taken by the state for the first phase or Route 11 here in East Liverpool.

It was a big house, 21 rooms, 3 stories, etc. So I have alwasy suspected it was originally built by probably one of the pottery owners. Since I moved back here I set about researching its history. Sure enough, it was built by Oliver W. Burford one of the brothers who owned the Burford Bros Pottery.

The house was built between 1877 and 1886.
I am curretly in the process of wrting a article, including pics of the house, etc for the East Liverpool historical Society web site.
East Liverpool Historical Society - Home

It was really a blast researching the history of that house and I learned even more about ELO in the process.

Yes they do and over time pics of many of those homes will be placed on that Historical Society website. You might enjoy checking it out from time to time. It's free

I have a house for sale, very nice house. Three lots of ground, huge 2 car garage. Central air, newer high eff. gas furnace, etc very resonable. It is the one I bought when I got back here in October last year.

Yes, there is less of it now. more empty lots where houses or buildings once were. However, once upon a time the population of East liverpool was 136 people. Now that was a very long time ago but it grew from there so it is possible it can and will begin to grow again. There are people who live here who are dedicated to making that happen.

Thanks for your reply
jim

Old 08-22-2007, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimOhio View Post
What a great story! I would love to make a profit like that!!

No, I'm not from ELO. I've been looking for a new town to move to, and for my price range, and type of home I want, ELO keeps coming up.

WOW! 21 rooms! Now, that's my kind of house!!!!!!!!

I will keep checking in at the Historical Society, looks like some interesting reading there.

Feel free to PM me, and tell me a little more about your home for sale.

Take care!

Kim.
Will do. I will PM u the URL for the house and you can chaek it out yourself

BTW the house has two full baths and one of the baths has a whirlpool tub.

(grin)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio