Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2011, 09:59 PM

47 posts, read 123,578 times

Advertisements

Haha. Just let Dayton be what it is and all will be fine: a good mid-sized regional city. If you try to make it bigger or better than it is, it just gets silly. I would argue the good points, and there are many (see my previous posts).

Just for information: Rand Mcnally has a city ranking system of which Dayton is considered a 2, which are major regional business centers along with cities like Albuquerque, Birmingham, El Paso, Grand Rapids, Spokane, etc.

Ranally city rating system - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I think it makes more sense to compare Dayton for competitive purposes to cities in the same tier. It will stand up quite well. But I think the 3 C's are in another tier. They are considered national business centers (as opposed to just regional).

There is nothing wrong with a small regional city, btw, and nothing wrong with preferring that. I have met plenty of people who prefer that when looking for a place to settle. Many in Dayton, for example, that I have talked to prefer a city this size because they are from the country or a small town and wanted a city, but are more comfortable with a smaller city like Dayton that has some culture and things to do, but isnt overwhelming to them. Ive also met people who have moved here from bigger cities, and end up loving it for what it is because they meet family and friends and end up making a great life here and prefer the low cost of living and ease of life. Just thought I would throw in some perspective.

I think "best" is relative as well. Dayton has some good quality clubs and restaurants that will stand up quite well to individual clubs and restuarants in any of Ohio's bigger cities. If you are talking about entertainment districts as a whole and a lot of options and large quantity are important to you, then you are going to have more options, diversity, and bigger entertainment districts hopefully in larger cities, that's just a given. So i go back to my original point: just let Dayton be what it is and enjoy that!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2011, 08:24 AM

498 posts, read 1,504,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepheninohio View Post
So i go back to my original point: just let Dayton be what it is and enjoy that!
there is something within nikolaseposter that just won't allow him to leave dayton at that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio