Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 09:40 AM

2,554 posts, read 6,903,195 times

Advertisements

That new building they are building for the incubator, is that going to be a low-rise, mid-rise or high rise? I hope it is more than 10 stories, it would be nice to see a modern building go into Youngstown's great art-deco skyline.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2008, 09:52 AM

5,510 posts, read 9,493,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler87 View Post
That new building they are building for the incubator, is that going to be a low-rise, mid-rise or high rise? I hope it is more than 10 stories, it would be nice to see a modern building go into Youngstown's great art-deco skyline.
It's only going to be 3 stories.

Old 01-17-2008, 09:58 AM

2,554 posts, read 6,903,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR_C View Post
It's only going to be 3 stories.
Oh well, thank you. At least it is something new.

Old 01-17-2008, 11:31 AM

3,343 posts, read 10,936,541 times
They just opened a new restaurant downtown called the Rosetta Stone. Has anyone been there yet? I would love to check it out. Here's a link Rosetta Stone Cafe | Upscale Dining in Downtown Youngstown

Old 01-17-2008, 01:07 PM

5,510 posts, read 9,493,295 times
I made a post about the Rosetta Stone on the previous page. (post 15) Thanks for providing a link to their site, though!

I did eat there, and here is what I had to say on a local forum:
I went there for lunch Monday. (Jan. 14) Because I have simple tastes, I ordered their steak burger to go. I thought it was very good. The cheese (at no additional charge) was real cheddar, and the bun looked like it might have been baked there.

The prices seem fairly comparable with other "high end" dining establishments. Some categories, like sandwiches, were $7. Other categories, like soups (?) were $6. I don't remember, off the top of my head, anything that was more than $7. Also, I'm not sure if their menu is finalized, yet. The menu I ordered from was dated January 11, and I believe that it was a lunch menu.

Because I didn't call ahead, I had to wait for awhile for my order, and here's what I noticed while waiting at the bar. They still need to get familiar with running things. The menu stand, where a greeter might be, was usually empty. When people came in, they weren't sure if they would be seated, or if they should choose their own table. The wait staff also were still learning the ordering system. (computerized) Because of this, orders were taking awhile to complete.

To sum things up, I'd say the food is probably going to be very good, but the service may be a little "sketchy" until they get into the swing of things.

Old 01-17-2008, 09:12 PM

3,343 posts, read 10,936,541 times
Was watching Channel 21 tonight and it looks like luxury apartments are finally coming to downtown. According to the news there will be 23 to start at the Realty Building at 47 Federal Plaza and they'll be available soon. Rent will be $1000/month. Another 35 apartments will be located in the Wick Building later this year.

Old 01-17-2008, 09:19 PM

26,411 posts, read 46,581,861 times
I notice the back covering of the stoplights is a yellow color as I look at your photos of Youngstown. In other parts of the country they are black and not yellow.

Old 01-17-2008, 11:07 PM

492 posts, read 2,372,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plains10 View Post
I notice the back covering of the stoplights is a yellow color as I look at your photos of Youngstown. In other parts of the country they are black and not yellow.
I much prefer the yellow ones. In this part of the country, they're almost all yellow. The only places I like black ones are in historic districts...

Old 01-17-2008, 11:09 PM

492 posts, read 2,372,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CortlandGirl79 View Post
Was watching Channel 21 tonight and it looks like luxury apartments are finally coming to downtown. According to the news there will be 23 to start at the Realty Building at 47 Federal Plaza and they'll be available soon. Rent will be $1000/month. Another 35 apartments will be located in the Wick Building later this year.
I wonder how quickly they will fill up? Seems like there is a decent demand for downtown housing. Time will tell I guess. If I move back to Ytown, that's definitely where I'll be living...

Old 01-18-2008, 11:27 AM

11,974 posts, read 25,476,450 times
I was surprised when I went to NE Ohio in 2006 how clean and well kept up many of the cities were. I thought Akron would look ghetto, but it was really nice. You can't say much for the economy much of the Rust Belt, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio