Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2007, 02:25 PM

7,685 posts, read 13,142,943 times

Advertisements

Its our turn I guess . The snow has been coming down now about 3 hrs now, ah crap. My wonderful Okie freinds you just couldn't keep it to your selves, could you?! LOL We've already got about 2 1/2 in. on the ground, and more to come .

But, oh well, we are use to the white stuff up here in the snow-belt. Now let see if it sticks around long enough to have a white Christmas. Nothing as beautiful as waking up on Christmas morning and seeing a fresh coat of snow on the ground . Then you can push the rugrats out the door and tell them not to come home till the sun's ready to go down . Time for Mom and Dad to play .

We'll try to keep ya'all posted on the weather front, later.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2007, 07:00 AM

566 posts, read 603,908 times
I love the snow!! I would never want to live anywhere else!

Old 12-16-2007, 01:16 PM

I don't mind the snow from time to time, but if they would do a better job at working on the roads that would help.

And as soon as the timing is right , I'm Outta Here. I've gottin to the point where I hate Ohio with a Passion. And the sad part is, I was born and raised in this God awful state. Its turning into the welfare riders home port.

Old 12-16-2007, 02:45 PM

357 posts, read 891,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeabeeBolt View Post
I don't mind the snow from time to time, but if they would do a better job at working on the roads that would help.

And as soon as the timing is right , I'm Outta Here. I've gottin to the point where I hate Ohio with a Passion. And the sad part is, I was born and raised in this God awful state. Its turning into the welfare riders home port.
Seabee, I agree with your views on ODOT's handling of the roads. I drove home from Oxford to Sylvania yesterday and had good luck on the roads - I-75 was plowed and salted. My numerous friends making the trek to Cleveland all had terrible driving conditions on I-70, 270, and 71. It took many of them almost 9 hours to make the <250 mile drive!! How is it possible that a department taking orders from the same higher-ups can show such disparity in their duties??

As far as your judgment of the state as a whole: really? I am upset to be leaving Ohio for California in July. There is an appeal to living out West for a while, but I cannot WAIT to get back to my lovely state and the people I love. I think we take for granted the natural wonder of this fine state. (Plus, I'm going to miss my snow soooo much!)

Anyways, I suppose it's not for everyone, but my bias leads me to say that we live in the greatest state in the USA.

Old 12-16-2007, 02:46 PM

422 posts, read 1,271,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeabeeBolt View Post

I understand how you feel. I was born and raised in Cleveland Ohio. Got the heck outta there in 2006 and headed West. Wished I'd done it sooner! I will always miss my old neighborhood the way it used to be when I was growing up. Now it's a boarded up foreclosure nightmare.

I currently live in Tucson and I love it! So, where are you heading?

Old 12-16-2007, 08:09 PM

We're heading west our selve some day, Oklahoma that is, on the East end of Okla. I like the people out there, they seem to know what work ethics are all about. Not like this welfare riddin state.

Old 12-22-2007, 07:58 PM

6,351 posts, read 21,535,238 times
I learned to drive a truck in Drumright, OK ("The Town of OIL Repute")! I really liked it out there!

Old 12-22-2007, 10:11 PM

1,225 posts, read 4,453,904 times
I spent a week in OKC on business.

I hate to say this, but given a choice between OKC and Ohio I'd pick Ohio.

Old 12-23-2007, 07:50 AM

51 posts, read 175,329 times
My pick would no doubt be Ohio also. Of all of the places to live "out west" why oh why would anyone decide on Oklahoma? I spent a week there a few summers back, and that was enough for me for a life time!

Old 12-24-2007, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH Deb View Post
My pick would no doubt be Ohio also. Of all of the places to live "out west" why oh why would anyone decide on Oklahoma? I spent a week there a few summers back, and that was enough for me for a life time!
Well OH Deb,

Your more than welcome to my share of Ohio when I finally leave here . I'm just sick and tired of pay for more that 40,000 welfare riders kids, and I can't even claim them on my taxes each year . Now I know that taxes are every where you go, but here in Ohio they seem to be off track with ones income. At least out west (stopping just short of California) the reason to carry a gun is for the 4 legged animals, not the 2 legged animals.

This country needs to shut-down the welfare system across the board and reopen the WPA of the 20's & 30's. If you work, you and your family get to eat. If you don't work, to bad, your and your family can starve.

So have fun with it .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
View detailed profiles of: