Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2007, 07:11 AM

1,022 posts, read 3,344,593 times

Advertisements

Lets move to Boise. What do you guys think? I kinda like it here in Tampa though.

Last edited by the_pines; 09-02-2007 at 07:33 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2007, 02:28 PM

492 posts, read 2,372,151 times
Boise... As in Boise, Idaho???

I was walking around downtown Youngstown one day after class last year and was approached by a couple of LDS members from Idaho. This was their first week "out east" so I was mostly interested in their thoughts about Youngstown. Being as they were from a rural state with a tiny population, I expected them to comment on the run-down, blighted condition of Youngstown. To my surprise, they said: "We love it! It's so green and beautiful. Back home everything is all brown."

Ever since then I have had no interest in visiting Idaho. Sounds like a giant dust bowl!

Old 09-02-2007, 02:32 PM

492 posts, read 2,372,151 times
And no offense to any native Idahoians... Idahans??? Idahites? ... residents of Idaho! I'm sure your state has lots to offer. I've already offended countless people from New Jersey on this site and have no wish to do that again!

Old 09-02-2007, 02:52 PM

6,351 posts, read 21,535,238 times
I lived in Boise. It's a beautiful, very livable but expensive city! We bought FAR more house here in OH than we ever could've in ID. Cost of living is lower here and wages are better (at least for what my wife and I do for a living) If we need to see mountains, we can always go back!

Old 09-04-2007, 10:53 AM

6,351 posts, read 21,535,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boardmanite View Post
Ever since then I have had no interest in visiting Idaho. Sounds like a giant dust bowl!
Ahh, Monsieur (or Madame...), but you have not been to Boi-zee! The name "Boise" comes from the exclaimation that French explorers made after crossing the high desert palateu that is now Southern ID. After seeing the lush green valley with trees, they exclaimed "Les Bois! Les Bois!" ("The trees!, The trees!") The valley that Boise sits in is very green and lush compared to the rest of Southern ID. But as you go North, Idaho gets mountainous and very green.

Old 09-04-2007, 11:19 AM

2,180 posts, read 5,421,662 times
I personally would rather live in Boise as opposed to living here in SW Ohio anymore. I've done some research on the area, and it seems really great.

Old 09-04-2007, 03:32 PM

7,081 posts, read 8,944,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boardmanite View Post
I was walking around downtown Youngstown one day after class last year and was approached by a couple of LDS members from Idaho. This was their first week "out east" so I was mostly interested in their thoughts about Youngstown. Being as they were from a rural state with a tiny population, I expected them to comment on the run-down, blighted condition of Youngstown. To my surprise, they said: "We love it! It's so green and beautiful. Back home everything is all brown."
HAHAHA! Those guys were brainwashed to be cheery at all times.

Old 09-04-2007, 03:35 PM

1,022 posts, read 3,344,593 times
Never mind. The wife isn't going to go for it since its so far away from family. Ive never even been out west. This whole side of my family wants to stay in Florida. Ugh. I'm doomed to follow their will.

Old 09-04-2007, 07:48 PM

2,107 posts, read 5,085,472 times
Florida isn't all to bad. Just stay out of Naples or Orlando or Miami or ... Actually, I really love Matlacha (spelling?) near my grandparents home in Cape Coral. To bad a tiny trailer goes for 750000! But its not the typical rich community, it still has character, only that character is right on the sound.

As far as Boise, I've only seen pictures. The recent news backdrops (Craig resignation) seem a mix of brown and green. I've never been out past Missouri so pictures are all I have. Seems beautiful though, but move, doubt it.

Old 09-04-2007, 08:36 PM

1,408 posts, read 4,862,623 times
Having been out West before, I can say it is definitely beautiful! But I also know what those boys mean about it being mostly brown. Heck, even a satellite photo of the U.S. could show you that! The "green" part of the country is mostly east of the Great Plains.

So...why Boise? Just wondering...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
View detailed profiles of: