Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2012, 07:19 PM

4 posts, read 15,652 times

Advertisements

I have found a few threads about moving to Bowling Green, OH, but I have a more specific question. Has anyone ever lived in Green Meadow, Apts on Napoleon Rd? If not could anyone give me some advice for safe apts? My fiance and I are moving to BG from KY to go to grad school. We don't want to live with many undergraduate students because we are quiet and committed to our studies.

Thanks so much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2012, 08:42 AM

442 posts, read 540,086 times
I'm from KY and can tell you that anywhere you'll find students at BGSU (or BGstdU as the folks in Athens say :P JUST JOKING!) you won't find quiet. On that note, it's a nice town, I can tell you that. I can't give you any personal advice on your apartments but it's a great school, congrats and good luck in your studies. Welcome to Ohio!

Old 02-25-2012, 04:07 PM

Thank you so much. Do you know if it is a pretty safe place?

Old 02-25-2012, 07:00 PM

442 posts, read 540,086 times
Oh, incredibly. I don't think you'll find a bad neighborhood in the entire town. It's quite wealthy for being so small, largely due to the college. I think your biggest worry will be the wind and the occasional drunken college student litterbug. Northern Ohio faced an extremely low occurance of natural disasters and rural NW Ohio is one of the safest places in the USA in terms of violent crime.

Old 02-25-2012, 09:10 PM

7,072 posts, read 9,619,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homiej View Post
Oh, incredibly. I don't think you'll find a bad neighborhood in the entire town. It's quite wealthy for being so small, largely due to the college. I think your biggest worry will be the wind and the occasional drunken college student litterbug. Northern Ohio faced an extremely low occurance of natural disasters and rural NW Ohio is one of the safest places in the USA in terms of violent crime.

Did you forget about the tornado that came thru NW Ohio several years ago and wiped out downtown Van Wert ?

Old 02-26-2012, 01:55 AM

896 posts, read 1,853,830 times
Bowling Green isn't perfect. It's not some immensely affluent community. The mall is depressing, however the downtown is lively and nice and where the actions at. There's still plenty of crappy people in the area. It's safe though. You don't have to worry about safety. Maybe just make sure you keep any valuables like bicycle, etc locked up.

Old 02-26-2012, 08:08 AM

3,969 posts, read 8,502,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ram2 View Post
Did you forget about the tornado that came thru NW Ohio several years ago and wiped out downtown Van Wert ?
Downtown Van Wert was never touched by that tornado. A movie theater and some other buildings and homes in a path west and north of the city were destroyed in one of 2 tornados in a 2-3 year period. But then Van Wert is over an hour away from Bowling Green.

All areas have the possibility of severe weather, but BG does not have a history of being prone to it.

Old 02-26-2012, 07:37 PM

Thank you all so much! I feel so much better. People keep talking to me about how they hate it up north. I'm really not worried about coming from the south, but I just wanted to make sure it was safe.

Old 02-26-2012, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by homiej View Post

I actually live in Bowling Green, KY, and I live downtown where all of the college students from WKU live, so I am OK with some noise. I just didn't want to get an apt. where there would be drugs and scary people.

Old 02-27-2012, 12:43 PM

5 posts, read 11,110 times
My wife and I have been living in BG for almost a year now and we like it here a lot. We have a house, so I can't speak for the quality of apartments. I do know where a couple apartment complexes are located that are a little farther from campus, which would probably be less rowdy. I don't know their names, but one is on south Main St. across from Home Depot. The other is on Fairview Ave. right across from Bowling Green High School/Middle School. Like others said, it's very safe, even if you're downtown at night IMO. The only thing I can think to complain about is the small mall and movie theatre and the lack of any nicer restaurants. But Perrysburg is 15 minutes up 25 and they have all of that. And Toledo, while maybe not the nicest place to live, has fun things to do and is just a 25-30 minute drive. Good luck and I hope you enjoy it here as much as we do!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio