Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2007, 05:02 PM

3 posts, read 14,018 times

Advertisements

I am originally from Ohio (Mt. Vernon area). We moved to Mansfield, Texas when I was 28 years old a little over 9 years ago due to my husband's job. Now we are moving back to Ohio. I did a lot of research and we chose Beavercreek and we could not be happier. As a lot of you know, Beavercreek was picked as the 84th best place to live according to Money magazine. Mansfield, Texas is 83rd on the list. Eerie, isn't it? So we are making a lateral move as far as schools, cost of living, and quality of life.

As much as I see people complaining about Ohio's winters, I would like to complain a LOT about Texas's Spring, Summer and Fall. First of all, normally, there is no Spring or Fall. As soon as winter is done around March, it goes from 40 degrees to 90 degrees until around May. Then it stays between 95 and 105 degrees (or hotter) until November. I am sooooo tired of it! It's too darned hot to do anything outside. I miss the seasons and I look forward to snow this winter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2007, 06:29 PM

1,225 posts, read 4,453,904 times
You handle made me think of Mansfield Ohio!

Old 09-11-2007, 06:38 PM

2,107 posts, read 5,085,472 times
Welcome to Beavercreek! You aren't alone in coming up from Texas. Beavercreek is full of miltary types that have been stationed in places like San Antonio and Houston. Many keep there residency there for tax reasons, something you see when driving around seeing all the out of state plates.

While I've only been through Dallas-Fort Worth Airport, my parents have been to Plano for work. They have always prefered here to there, but that may be biased as it was a work trip (no fun).

IMO, I don't mind Ohio's winters to a degree. The pros are the random 40-50 degree days in the late winter/early spring with sun. You only need a light coat. What I dislike are the few (scores last year made this difficult) days that hover below 10degrees or lower for the highs. Thankfully that's not the norm and I hope we won't see a repeat of last year. It's weird praying for highs to stay in the 20s-30s most of the time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
View detailed profiles of: