Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2012, 04:12 PM

4,472 posts, read 6,203,200 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
Wow... To be honest, this has ended up being a fairly enlightening thread on the psyche of Cincinnati residents. I appreciate the insight.
It's enlightening on the psyche of Columbus boosters who live in Mexico City as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2012, 04:42 PM

16,345 posts, read 17,994,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomJones123 View Post
It's enlightening on the psyche of Columbus boosters who live in Mexico City as well.
I'm not sure it took this thread to figure out that I'm from Columbus, like Columbus and will offer it as an option when I think it matches given criteria. And unlike many of you, I have no problem with you guys doing the same with another city. What that says about me beyond that, I have no idea, but I'd love to hear all that you've learned.

Old 08-26-2012, 05:14 PM

Quote:
What that says about me beyond that, I have no idea, but I'd love to hear all that you've learned.
That you will boost c-bus relentlessly and at any and all costs. I often wonder if you are a paid Columbus schill or just love Columbus that much. Either way, you should get over to Cincinnati at some point. The two cities have some similarities but are otherwise worlds apart.

Old 08-26-2012, 05:53 PM

Quote:
And unlike many of you, I have no problem with you guys doing the same with another city.

Quote:
Well, both cities offer all those things you're looking for. As for where you should go, you'll just get answers based on where people are from, so that's where they'll recommend. Both cities are worth a visit.
First off, I am not from Cincinnati. I live here and chose Cincinnati over Columbus and I know Columbus very well having been a frequent weekend visitor since I came to Ohio in around 2000. So, you start out by making passive/aggressive remarks to discredit the overwhelming reply of "Cincinnati." It was clear the OP wanted one or the other. Why not just make your case for Columbus and let it go at that?

Quote:
1 guess on where everyone is from in this thread.
Again. I am not from Cincinnati and I was making the recommendation based on experiences in both cities. Truth be told I will move on from Ohio at some point. I have a broad based perspective on many states and cities.

By the way, there are other people who made compelling cases for Cincinnati who do not live here either.

So basically you started to subtly discredit those of us who recommended Cincinnati and then threw it back at us when we had something to say about it. Slick, but not that slick.

Old 08-26-2012, 06:16 PM

Quote:
That you will boost c-bus relentlessly and at any and all costs. I often wonder if you are a paid Columbus schill or just love Columbus that much. Either way, you should get over to Cincinnati at some point. The two cities have some similarities but are otherwise worlds apart.
At any and all costs? A little dramatic, don't you think? I barely even mention it now outside of the Columbus forum. This thread was probably the first I've ventured into in weeks, and only because it asked a direct question regarding it. It's not like I'm going to unrelated threads and talking about how awesome I think Columbus is on some regular basis, so let's come back down to reality.

The problem you guys have with me is not my mention of Columbus here, but that you clearly took offense to the suggestion that it has some of the same positive qualities that Cincinnati does. God forbid I make parallels in a thread asking for such. I didn't even specifically choose Columbus over Cincinnati in this thread, which is why the reactions were so hilarious. Let's face it, when it comes to city boosterism, I'm pretty run of the mill at best for this place.

Old 08-26-2012, 06:23 PM

Quote:
First off, I am not from Cincinnati. I live here and chose Cincinnati over Columbus and I know Columbus very well having been a frequent weekend visitor since I came to Ohio in around 2000. So, you start out by making passive/aggressive remarks to discredit the overwhelming reply of "Cincinnati." It was clear the OP wanted one or the other. Why not just make your case for Columbus and let it go at that?

Again. I am not from Cincinnati and I was making the recommendation based on experiences in both cities. Truth be told I will move on from Ohio at some point. I have a broad based perspective on many states and cities.

By the way, there are other people who made compelling cases for Cincinnati who do not live here either.

So basically you started to subtly discredit those of us who recommended Cincinnati and then threw it back at us when we had something to say about it. Slick, but not that slick.
You took it as passive aggressive when it wasn't meant to be. We all have biases and I was basically saying that people will answer according to those biases, not based on some objective, scientific analysis of both cities. That's why I said both cities were worth visiting because they both have qualities that make them what they are. I wasn't attacking Cincy, I was complimenting it, but this is still a forum full of people, myself included of course, who like where they live/where they're from. I really see nothing wrong with that. I don't go out of my way to constantly insult you or others for liking Cincinnati, and I certainly don't go negative every time Cincinnati is mentioned somewhere. That's not true about me or Columbus, which is strange to me. There's no real reason why it should happen, and these threads would be so much more productive without it. Not that it'll ever stop.

Old 08-26-2012, 06:30 PM

Quote:
You took it as passive aggressive when it wasn't meant to be.
I simply read what was written.

Old 08-26-2012, 06:49 PM

4,823 posts, read 4,921,330 times
Cincinnati

Old 08-27-2012, 04:21 AM

3,530 posts, read 5,006,098 times
Quote:
...The problem you guys have with me is not my mention of Columbus here, but that you clearly took offense to the suggestion that it has some of the same positive qualities that Cincinnati does...I didn't even specifically choose Columbus over Cincinnati in this thread, which is why the reactions were so hilarious...
Wrong. "The problem" was twofold: (1) you ignored the OP's specific request to recommend the most unique city; and (2) you attempted to dismiss the majority of knowledgeable posters who had done exactly that. What was "so hilarious" was also twofold: (1) witnessing your inability to comprehend the meaning of "unique" and the OP's specific restrictions, as such ; and (2) watching you struggle so hard to insure Columbus appear to be something it wasn't, within the context of the original request.

Last edited by motorman; 08-27-2012 at 05:42 AM..

Old 08-27-2012, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorman View Post
Wrong. "The problem" was twofold: (1) you ignored the OP's specific request to recommend the most unique city; and (2) you attempted to dismiss the majority of knowledgeable posters who had done exactly that. What was "so hilarious" was also twofold: (1) witnessing your inability to comprehend the meaning of "unique" and the OP's specific restrictions, as such ; and (2) watching you struggle so hard to insure Columbus appear to be something it wasn't, within the context of the original request.
No, it just seems obvious that several people take issue with the fact that I don't believe it's a foregone conclusion that Cincinnati is the most unique. I didn't dismiss anyone's OPINION, which is what we are disgussing. I stated the obvious, that home turf will always play a role in what we say when it comes to city recommendations. It's funny how you and others absolutely refuse to admit to your own biases and just steadily insult and attack me instead. I haven't done that to you once here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio