Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2012, 02:17 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,044,756 times

Advertisements

Ohio here. Am I worried about Obama supposedly lying about the incident in Libya? NO.

Are my friends and I talking about it? NO

Obama has said that the investigation into the incident is ongoing and that the perpetrators will be dealt with. That's all I need to know. I am confident he will handle the situation the right way, the smart way.

I am well aware that things often are not exactly what they seem to be. Gathering accurate information, especially in a country like Libya, can be daunting.

Just because someone sent an e-mail or posted something on the internet saying that something is so.....doesn't mean it is. They could be posting what they believe is true or they could be deliberately misleading people.

I am glad we have a thoughtful, deliberate man like Obama at the helm rather than someone who will jump to conclusions without a thorough investigation.....as in Bush/Romney.

I am also quite certain that Mitt Romney would have taken all the available information at face value, without waiting to make sure that information is totally correct, and in a knee jerk reaction, sent in troops immediately and we would be firmly engaged in another war right now. Yet another war that would cost more innocent Americans.....and innocent Libyans, their lives.

Obama will take his time, get the facts straight and will get retribution in a smart way, instead of starting another unnecessary all out war.....of that I am certain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2012, 03:43 AM

24,120 posts, read 32,468,260 times
I am moving to Ohio but I'll be voting in PA. I will be voting for President Obama.

Old 10-24-2012, 07:06 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,987,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
Except that one of those two will be leading the nation the next four years, not Gary Johnson. 3rd party votes may make one's conscience feel better, but it will have absolutely zero impact on government... which is sort of the point of elections.

No the point of voting is to vote for the person that YOU think is the best candidate, and not who the lamestream media tells you to vote for! We've been so conditioned to vote for a D or an R, yet things continue on their downward slope in this country! Both parties are corrupt, but yet we keep voting for them. Well, I cannot and WILL NOT compromise my beliefs to vote for the "lesser of two evils" because voting for evil is still just that!

Old 10-24-2012, 07:55 AM

1,066 posts, read 2,415,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abr7rmj View Post
Seriously? You're even hinting at linking Romney and Obama with "Hitler and Satan"?
What? I specifically said that if Hitler an Satan were running, I would vote for neither. Are you hinting that you would vote for one of them because not voting would "have absolutely zero impact on government... which is sort of the point of elections"?

If that's the case, the following statement sums up my thoughts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by abr7rmj View Post
That's so outrageously offensive and nothing short of pathetically ignorant that it's not even worth dignifying with further comment.

Old 10-24-2012, 07:59 AM

Quote:
I think what you mean to say is that Obama has already implemented foreign policy and Romney just agreed with what he did. It was not a matter of mutual agreement if only one man has a plan.
I can't speak for them, but I think they meant to say exactly what they said. Face it, Obama has been absolutely atrocious on foreign policy. Can you believe I still see people driving around with Obama bumper stickers and a "peace" sticker directly beside it? Talk about irony.

The American left has shown it's true colors over the past four years. I used to think you were different from Team Red, but it appears Team Blue is just a bunch a partisan phonies as well.

For shame.

Old 10-24-2012, 08:44 AM

16,345 posts, read 18,061,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
No the point of voting is to vote for the person that YOU think is the best candidate, and not who the lamestream media tells you to vote for! We've been so conditioned to vote for a D or an R, yet things continue on their downward slope in this country! Both parties are corrupt, but yet we keep voting for them. Well, I cannot and WILL NOT compromise my beliefs to vote for the "lesser of two evils" because voting for evil is still just that!
Hey, if you're okay with a wasted vote that will have no impact whatsoever on the state of the nation, go for it. That's certainly your right.

And this idea that both parties are exactly the same is probably the biggest lie out there. There are similarities, but you could say that about mainstream and 3rd party candidates as well. That does make them the same. There are pretty glaring differences, especially with economic and social policies. Tell me they're the same when we have a Supreme Court justice retiring.

Old 10-24-2012, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksu sucks View Post
I can't speak for them, but I think they meant to say exactly what they said. Face it, Obama has been absolutely atrocious on foreign policy. Can you believe I still see people driving around with Obama bumper stickers and a "peace" sticker directly beside it? Talk about irony.

The American left has shown it's true colors over the past four years. I used to think you were different from Team Red, but it appears Team Blue is just a bunch a partisan phonies as well.

For shame.

So the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan are winding down, OBL is dead and al-Quaida is significantly reduced in power, Iran does not have nuclear capability... seems to be pretty decent for the things that have had an impact on the US or its allies. If you think these things are bad, please vote for the other guy who agrees with absolutely everything Obama's done.

Old 10-24-2012, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrylv22 View Post

White House told of militant claim two hours after Libya attack: emails | Reuters

September 11, 2012 Terrorist attack & the lies to cover it all up...

Do people in Ohio care about the fact that Obama & the administration knew within 2 hours, real time
that the attack in Benghazi was a terrorist attack?

Do they realize that the US Ambassador & other lives were lost, sadly....

That the administration knew & received requests for help, added security, but refused it, because
giving additional help would imply that their MidEast "success" was not a success,
and that it would hurt their campaign.

So, lives were lost for the sake of a campaign
Because all of it would imply Al-Qaeda (sp?) is still alive & well!! Contrary to what Obama claims.

And yet, after the attack, Obama went around saying it was because of a Muslim video, he said it on
Letterman & also lied to UN General Assembly. The administration & Obama lied to the American
people for over 2 weeks!!!

Are people in Ohio talking about this, how can people trust a man who lies over & over again!!?

Obama does not deserve to be President, he is insulting our intelligence, and American lives have
been lost because of his ignorance & selfishness!

Its more important for him to be re-elected, than to give additional help to Americans in Benghazi

Former US Ambassador to the UN John Bolton, in an interview said this was for political gain!

They also sent Susan Rice to several shows to lie about this as well.

A total disgrace!

Please tell me what are people in Ohio thinking of this very sensitive issue?

US denies security cut before Benghazi attack

US DENIES SECURITY BEFORE BENGHAZI ATTACK!

The above is the Reuters link, but it is being reported by every news outlet. This came out hours ago.

Reuters) - Officials at the White House and State Department were advised two hours after attackers assaulted the U.S. diplomatic mission in Benghazi, Libya, on September 11 that an Islamic militant group had claimed credit for the attack, official emails show.

The emails, obtained by Reuters from government sources not connected with U.S. spy agencies or the State Department and who requested anonymity, specifically mention that the Libyan group called Ansar al-Sharia had asserted responsibility for the attacks.

The brief emails also show how U.S. diplomats described the attack, even as it was still under way, to Washington.

U.S. Ambassador Christopher Stevens and three other Americans were killed in the Benghazi assault, which President Barack Obama and other U.S. officials ultimately acknowledged was a "terrorist" attack carried out by militants with suspected links to al Qaeda affiliates or sympathizers.

Administration spokesmen, including White House spokesman Jay Carney, citing an unclassified assessment prepared by the CIA, maintained for days that the attacks likely were a spontaneous protest against an anti-Muslim film.

While officials did mention the possible involvement of "extremists," they did not lay blame on any specific militant groups or possible links to al Qaeda or its affiliates until intelligence officials publicly alleged that on September 28.

There were indications that extremists with possible al Qaeda connections were involved, but also evidence that the attacks could have erupted spontaneously, they said, adding that government experts wanted to be cautious about pointing fingers prematurely.

U.S. intelligence officials have emphasized since shortly after the attack that early intelligence reporting about the attack was mixed.

Spokesmen for the White House and State Department had no immediate response to requests for comments on the emails.

MISSIVES FROM LIBYA

The records obtained by Reuters consist of three emails dispatched by the State Department's Operations Center to multiple government offices, including addresses at the White House, Pentagon, intelligence community and FBI, on the afternoon of September 11.

The first email, timed at 4:05 p.m. Washington time - or 10:05 p.m. Benghazi time, 20-30 minutes after the attack on the U.S. diplomatic mission allegedly began - carried the subject line "U.S. Diplomatic Mission in Benghazi Under Attack" and the notation "SBU", meaning "Sensitive But Unclassified."

The text said the State Department's regional security office had reported that the diplomatic mission in Benghazi was "under attack. Embassy in Tripoli reports approximately 20 armed people fired shots; explosions have been heard as well."

The message continued: "Ambassador Stevens, who is currently in Benghazi, and four ... personnel are in the compound safe haven. The 17th of February militia is providing security support."

A second email, headed "Update 1: U.S. Diplomatic Mission in Benghazi" and timed 4:54 p.m. Washington time, said that the Embassy in Tripoli had reported that "the firing at the U.S. Diplomatic Mission in Benghazi had stopped and the compound had been cleared." It said a "response team" was at the site attempting to locate missing personnel.

A third email, also marked SBU and sent at 6:07 p.m. Washington time, carried the subject line: "Update 2: Ansar al-Sharia Claims Responsibility for Benghazi Attack."

The message reported: "Embassy Tripoli reports the group claimed responsibility on Facebook and Twitter and has called for an attack on Embassy Tripoli."

While some information identifying recipients of this message was redacted from copies of the messages obtained by Reuters, a government source said that one of the addresses to which the message was sent was the White House Situation Room, the president's secure command post.

Other addressees included intelligence and military units as well as one used by the FBI command center, the source said.

It was not known what other messages were received by agencies in Washington from Libya that day about who might have been behind the attacks.

Intelligence experts caution that initial reports from the scene of any attack or disaster are often inaccurate.

By the morning of September 12, the day after the Benghazi attack, Reuters reported that there were indications that members of both Ansar al-Sharia, a militia based in the Benghazi area, and al Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb, the North African affiliate of al Qaeda's faltering central command, may have been involved in organizing the attacks.

One U.S. intelligence official said that during the first classified briefing about Benghazi given to members of Congress, officials "carefully laid out the full range of sparsely available information, relying on the best analysis available at the time."

The official added, however, that the initial analysis of the attack that was presented to legislators was mixed.

"Briefers said extremists were involved in attacks that appeared spontaneous, there may have been a variety of motivating factors, and possible links to groups such as (al Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb and Ansar al-Sharia) were being looked at closely," the official said.

(Additional reporting by Susan Cornwell; Editing by Mary Milliken and Jim Loney)

Comments (24)
amos033 wrote:
If this report is true,then the President, Secretary of State and Susan Rice ought to resign immediately. Remember, we impeached Clinton because he lied to us.

Oct 23, 2012 9:33pm EDT -- Report as abuse
js2012 wrote:
I want to know why Reuters is keeping this important piece of news so obscure and which has also affected global politics so much? This is enough for a few sackings in the State Dept and elsewhere.

Oct 23, 2012 10:00pm EDT -- Report as abuse
JB1111 wrote:
This just keeps getting worse.

We know Obama lies.

But why lie about this for weeks and weeks.

I am done with Obama.

There is NO TRUST left.

Oct 23, 2012 10:18pm EDT --
Here's a funny story...

During a recent Republican administration, 3000 people die on US soil from a terrorist attack. The Republican fails to get those responsible and invades a completely unrelated nation, costing thousands more American lives. That Republican gets record levels of support after the attack (by Democrats and Republicans alike, at least for awhile) and ends up being re-elected just a few short years later with the full support of the GOP.

During a recent Democratic administration, a handful of people die on foreign soil in a nation that is going through severe civil unrest... not to mention that the event takes place on the very anniversary of the Republican's failed foreign intelligence disaster, of which the Democrat killed those responsible. Republicans show no support for the Democrat and claim that he deserves to lose because of this event.

And no one seems to see the giant glaring level of hypocrisy and the huge disproportionate level of support?

Old 10-24-2012, 09:05 AM

GOP Senate Candidate: 'God Intended' Pregnancies From Rape - Yahoo! News

Somewhat related to the presidential election... What is this, like the 67th time this year a Republican has said something awful about women and rape? Women... how exactly can you support a party that seems to believe these terrible and ignorant things in seemingly such a widespread fashion?

Old 10-24-2012, 09:18 AM

LOL...I've been waiting for someone naive enough to say these things. Thanks, jb.

Quote:
So the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan are winding down
Iraq: No. No. No. Oh, and one more thing: No.
Afghanistan: No. No. And finally: No.

Quote:
OBL is dead
Well then! Rah! Rah! U-S-A!

Quote:
al-Quaida is significantly reduced in power
Once again: No. No. No. Oh, wait. One more thing: No.

Quote:
Iran does not have nuclear capability
Someone needs to tell that to Obama:

See here. Here. And here.

Quote:
seems to be pretty decent for the things that have had an impact on the US or its allies. If you think these things are bad, please vote for the other guy who agrees with absolutely everything Obama's done.
Or I could vote for neither. But we've been over this enough.

There is no possible way you could stand for peace and vote for Obama. No honest, rational person could possibly reconcile such a serious contradiction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio