Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2012, 08:35 AM

16,259 posts, read 43,195,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRosado View Post
Well then you might not want to show interest in Western PA, either. Pittsburgh is the epicenter of the fracking world.
I do have a strong interest in Pittsburgh, and that is one of the things that bothers me about Pittsburgh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2012, 08:41 AM

5,756 posts, read 3,998,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomJones123 View Post
Ohio is a very gloomy state weather wise. Seems half the year has gray skies.
Not true look at my photo albums and look how blue and clean the air is ....the smell of honeysickle in the Spring when you wake up...the smell of Fall with the decaying leaves....only Winter is gray and dreary.

Old 10-05-2012, 08:50 AM

5,756 posts, read 3,998,245 times
Joe Walsh's song Indian Summer is what I remember growing up in Ohio and we are having an Indian Summer now I believe...

Old 10-05-2012, 09:46 AM

41,957 posts, read 75,192,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbdowndemocrats View Post
.only Winter is gray and dreary.
Makes you appreciate those sunny winter days even more, doesn't it?

Old 10-05-2012, 10:31 AM

5,234 posts, read 7,986,894 times
Who is hating on Ohio? Michigan football fans, well maybe a little, but that's about it isn't it? It's a pretty state, I thought of moving to Cincy at one time. I like cloudy skies, so that doesn't bother me. Maybe its the cloudy day haters that aren't liking Ohio.

Cloudiest Cities in US - Current Results

Old 10-05-2012, 02:00 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,063,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by todd00 View Post
Who is hating on Ohio? Michigan football fans, well maybe a little, but that's about it isn't it? It's a pretty state, I thought of moving to Cincy at one time. I like cloudy skies, so that doesn't bother me. Maybe its the cloudy day haters that aren't liking Ohio.

Cloudiest Cities in US - Current Results
I'm not sure I get those rankings. So a cloudy day is when there are clouds in 1/4th of the sky? Doesn't that mean 3/4ths of the sky is clear?

Also, Miami is cloudier than Cincinnati and just below Columbus and Cleveland? I thought they were the Sunshine State?

Old 10-05-2012, 03:26 PM

11,052 posts, read 12,452,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
I'm not sure I get those rankings. So a cloudy day is when there are clouds in 1/4th of the sky? Doesn't that mean 3/4ths of the sky is clear?

Also, Miami is cloudier than Cincinnati and just below Columbus and Cleveland? I thought they were the Sunshine State?
Yeah agreed. All these cloudy day statistics are extremely misleading and mostly BS.

Old 10-06-2012, 06:04 AM

24,120 posts, read 32,475,701 times
Well there seem to be negative people everywhere but Ohio has impressed us in many ways. Low cost of living, a great state university system, friendly people, some pretty smaller towns, recreation and resorts, many cities to explore.

We are originally from NY. We would never be happy in a place like North Carolina, a right to work state.

We think we've found our permanent home.

What people should do, is take a cue from people who live in places like Texas, NY, the Carolinas etc, and stop bad mouthing where you live!

If you are not part of the solution, then you're part of the problem. There is always the option to move. No one is keeping you in OH.

Old 10-08-2012, 12:26 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Well there seem to be negative people everywhere but Ohio has impressed us in many ways. Low cost of living, a great state university system, friendly people, some pretty smaller towns, recreation and resorts, many cities to explore.

We are originally from NY. We would never be happy in a place like North Carolina, a right to work state.

We think we've found our permanent home.

What people should do, is take a cue from people who live in places like Texas, NY, the Carolinas etc, and stop bad mouthing where you live!

If you are not part of the solution, then you're part of the problem. There is always the option to move. No one is keeping you in OH.

Amen!

Old 10-08-2012, 12:34 PM

24,120 posts, read 32,475,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryGirl1023 View Post
I love love love Ohio. I have always visited Ohio growing up Ashtabula to be exact. My dad and I stay at Pymie and visit Ohio border for foods and such.

My husband and I both have always wanted to live in Ohio and our dream has been fullfilled. We moved to St. Marys Ohio on Aug 3rd and I am loving the country life. I do not know what people are thinking but I'll take farming country life any day over city life. Growing up in Pittsburgh for 34 years is good enough for me. I do not miss it one bit. Too much crap, violence etc.

Everyone is so kind, happy and laid back in Ohio.
Love to read positive posts like this!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio