Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2012, 11:00 AM

6,326 posts, read 6,590,027 times

Advertisements

I was trying to get medical care for an uninsured relative (it's not time for an emergency room yet), I was offering cash upfront, cash after, cash in any way possible. Not a single beatch would take $. All doctors have are dollar signs instead of their eyes. All they want is an insurance they can milk for X thousands of dollars if an opportunity would present itself. Even if you pay cash now, they doubt they can milk you for as much $ as they can milk an insurance, therefore they put you in the NO service pile, nothing personal just business, go crawl elsewhere and die.

Whatever you say about Obamacare, it simply cannot be worse than inhuman national shame we have now.

Last edited by RememberMee; 11-24-2012 at 11:14 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2012, 04:06 PM

737 posts, read 1,148,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post
I see the cons on here conveniently didn't address all the good things that Obamacare has done...I feel its evil to put profits over people...if I'm a business owner, to have the brightest and best workers, I'd pay the premium to provide healthcare for all and take less profits...People have to come first, and business owners should put their employees over the almighty dollar...if they don't, well their pure evil in my book...Greed is a terrible terrible thing.
That shows that you are not a business owner. Do you actually think that the profit per employee in most small companies is enough to pay for healthcare?

The high profit business already pays for benefits if the employees are valuable and not easy to replace.

I know a person with 4 fast food places. 250+ employees. Do you think he makes enough profit to cover all of those people? I bet he has less than 4 places in less than 18 months.

Obama wanted a legacy when he could have taken things one step at a time and improved the healthcare situation for millions. Just something as simple as buying health insurance across state lines would get as many as 10,000,000 more people insured. Others would have the same insurance at a lower cost and some would have better for the same cost.

Did you ever bother to read the Republican plan on GOP.gov ? It was up for years. Covered pre-existing conditions immediately. It only said that you must have been insured when you got the condition. Otherwise it would be like trying to buy house insurance when the firetrucks are already on the way.

Old 11-25-2012, 06:41 PM

145 posts, read 193,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
I was trying to get medical care for an uninsured relative (it's not time for an emergency room yet), I was offering cash upfront, cash after, cash in any way possible. Not a single beatch would take $. All doctors have are dollar signs instead of their eyes. All they want is an insurance they can milk for X thousands of dollars if an opportunity would present itself. Even if you pay cash now, they doubt they can milk you for as much $ as they can milk an insurance, therefore they put you in the NO service pile, nothing personal just business, go crawl elsewhere and die.

Whatever you say about Obamacare, it simply cannot be worse than inhuman national shame we have now.
Curious, why didn't your relative have health insurance? Not poor enough for Medicaid or was it his/her's choice?

Old 11-25-2012, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post
People have to come first, and business owners should put their employees over the almighty dollar...if they don't, well their pure evil in my book...Greed is a terrible terrible thing.
Actually profit has to come first or there will be no employees.

Old 11-25-2012, 07:48 PM

6,485 posts, read 12,534,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxedtodeath View Post
Curious, why didn't your relative have health insurance? Not poor enough for Medicaid or was it his/her's choice?
Medicaid isn't always easy to qualify for, and individual health insurance is awfully expensive. So, many who "choose" not to have health insurance actually have no choice. If they pay insurance premiums, they have little to nothing left for food, shelter and transportation.

Old 11-25-2012, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
Medicaid isn't always easy to qualify for, and individual health insurance is awfully expensive. So, many who "choose" not to have health insurance actually have no choice. If they pay insurance premiums, they have little to nothing left for food, shelter and transportation.

Boy, I can get an individual high deductible individual plan from the blues for about $600/month. I would think that if $600/month uses up the food, shelter and transportation budget then you surely would qualify for medicaid... Just saying.

By the way, the ACA is not going to help much in this situation. This person if currently not qualifying for Medicaid is going to get a modest subsidy at best on significantly more costly insurance. The only difference is he/she will be forced to buy it. Also that food, shelter and transportation ain't going to get cheaper.

Last edited by taxedtodeath; 11-25-2012 at 08:33 PM..

Old 11-26-2012, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxedtodeath View Post
Boy, I can get an individual high deductible individual plan from the blues for about $600/month. I would think that if $600/month uses up the food, shelter and transportation budget then you surely would qualify for medicaid... Just saying.

By the way, the ACA is not going to help much in this situation. This person if currently not qualifying for Medicaid is going to get a modest subsidy at best on significantly more costly insurance. The only difference is he/she will be forced to buy it. Also that food, shelter and transportation ain't going to get cheaper.
Mea Culpa. Indiana has very low Medicaid eligibility income requirements.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
View detailed profiles of: