U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2012, 03:21 PM

2,703 posts, read 3,130,944 times

Advertisements

I am not looking for these institutions as a consumer but as a potential employee.

So let me head of any YOUNGSTOWN - WARREN - North East Ohio HATERS before you make any ridiculous and insulting jokes about me, my familie's impending move or about people living with psychiatric or substance abuse problems. It's just NOT FUNNY.

I had been employed in the Mental Health field for about five years after retiring from my own business. I am not married to the idea of working in that field again, but given my experience, I am open to it.

I'm pretty familiar with facilities on the PA side, but what places employ people as counselors on the Ohio side? The closer to Youngstown-Warren the better, but I'm open to a 45 minute to and hour commute. (one way) so two hours round trip. It's hard because I don't know what areas are close and which are far and what facilities are out there.

Oh don't worry, I am not moving to your state without an income.

Thanks - Warren
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2012, 07:00 AM

3,321 posts, read 9,337,956 times
Belmont Pines is one I can think of. There's a psych ward at Trumbull Memorial. Psychcare is a local chain of counselors.

Old 11-11-2012, 06:13 PM

850 posts, read 1,343,102 times
Yeah Belmont Pines is the only one that comes to mind. I think it's just for children. Either that, or it focuses on children. It's north of the city, in either Liberty or Girard (I forget) so it'd be pretty close to you in Warren.

Old 11-13-2012, 09:28 PM

1,756 posts, read 3,041,403 times
Humility of Mary Health Partners is St. Elizabeth's and also St. Joseph Health Center. I think St. Joseph does substance abuse and smoking cessation and such. I went to a couple of healthcare career days at Warren's YWCA a few years ago, and that was what they told us at that time. Might have changed. I know they talked a lot about their addiction cure programs, and they were based somewhere other than St. E's.

Old 11-14-2012, 08:41 AM

1,756 posts, read 3,041,403 times
You might network with the Warren YWCA, too. Maybe they or their "partners" can use male role models in some of their programs or they can help your wife find a job. See if they have any leads or connections.

http://www.valleycareofohio.net/ is your Warren hospitals.
Forum Health owns something in the Y-town area, I believe. (11:57AM Forum is in bankruptcy & some company bought Forum, is think is how that goes. )
OH overall http://mentalhealth.ohio.gov/where-t...ounty=Trumbull

http://www.mchcoc.com/mahoning-county-resources and read through that list

I'm not in that field. I just tried to pick some links that might be leads.

Last edited by SorryIMovedBack; 11-14-2012 at 09:58 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or