Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2013, 07:58 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,048,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mplsite View Post
With the exception of Cincinnati it's more accurate to say the 3Cs downtowns are rising, because Columbus and Cleveland need to step up their investments in more great neighborhoods and not just downtowns in order for them to rise. The Short North and Ohio City are fine and dandy but these cities need to be working on the next great or even just more pretty good neighborhoods instead of stagnating/sticking with what they have.
I was thinking it was about time for you to reappear. Slow news day in MSP?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2013, 08:20 PM

11,052 posts, read 12,432,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mplsite View Post
With the exception of Cincinnati it's more accurate to say the 3Cs downtowns are rising, because Columbus and Cleveland need to step up their investments in more great neighborhoods and not just downtowns in order for them to rise. The Short North and Ohio City are fine and dandy but these cities need to be working on the next great or even just more pretty good neighborhoods instead of stagnating/sticking with what they have.
I thought you had forgotten about us. Welcome back! Thanks for the news.

Old 03-17-2013, 04:57 AM

3,530 posts, read 5,019,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjimmy24 View Post
I thought you had forgotten about us. Welcome back! Thanks for the news.
The irony of two forum members (one residing in Mexico and the other in Massachusetts) objecting to a Minneapolis member commenting on an Ohio sub-forum is truly precious.

Last edited by motorman; 03-17-2013 at 05:18 AM..

Old 03-17-2013, 06:38 AM

2,221 posts, read 4,389,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorman View Post
The irony of two forum members (one residing in Mexico and the other in Massachusetts) objecting to a Minneapolis member commenting on an Ohio sub-forum is truly precious.
TOUCHÉ

Old 03-17-2013, 08:10 AM

Quote:
You have no idea why I'm living in Massachusetts. But regardless, to quote the great American musical ensemble, Hawthorne Heights, "my heart is in Ohio."

On a somewhat unrelated note, I've had a blast meeting other Ohioans randomly in Boston. It's pretty cool being an Ohioan or an OSU grad walking around wearing an OSU shirt. In the last 2 days, I've met random, friendly Ohioans/OSU grads on the T and at a few bars. This is in addition to the guy living in Boston I found online who let me sublet because I was from northeast Ohio, where he's from. Despite what the country thinks about us, Ohioans tend to travel and live other places quite frequently. This is not a bad thing. It brings a different perspective when we return to Ohio. But anyway, my point is- it's really cool repping Ohio when you're not in Ohio. Buckeyes stick together on the outside.

Old 03-17-2013, 12:57 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,048,277 times
Quote:
The objection has nothing to do with where he's posting from. If you've followed his posts at all, you'd know that. Of course, you likely already do and this is just one more excuse for you to intentionally miss the point and cause trouble in another thread.

Old 03-17-2013, 02:13 PM

416 posts, read 700,838 times
Quote:
This was posted on a Saturday night. I would have figured "booming" Minneapolis would have had SOMETHING going on. Maybe it was the 2 degree temperatures that kept people inside. I thought Minnesotans were strong people.

Old 03-17-2013, 02:15 PM

416 posts, read 700,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZnGuy View Post
TOUCHÉ
Touché, really? Do you live in Ohio? At least me and motor live in Ohio. This obsession of negativity is what cracks me up about people like yourself and MPLS. I know him from another site, and I'm still waiting for the plethora of answers he owes me.

Old 03-17-2013, 03:50 PM

3,530 posts, read 5,019,829 times
Quote:
Quote:
The objection has nothing to do with where he's posting from. If you've followed his posts at all, you'd know that. Of course, you likely already do and this is just one more excuse for you to intentionally miss the point and cause trouble in another thread.
Not quite. What I do know is that your own wearisome "tete-a-tete's" with "Mplsite" (alias Keith M.) have ruined many worthwhile threads, this one included. Somehow, years ago in "little spats" over Cbus, Mplsite became your nemesis and sworn enemy, and virtually every remark he makes about either Columbus or Ohio, you feel a need to counter. Thus, this your latest "Columbus Guardian Angel' persona (combined with your projections upon others, myself included) is troublesome enough, totally predictable, and very sad.

Last edited by motorman; 03-17-2013 at 04:01 PM..

Old 03-17-2013, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Not quite. What I do know is that your own wearisome "tete-a-tete's" with "Mplsite" (alias Keith M.) have ruined many worthwhile threads, this one included. Somehow, years ago in "little spats" over Cbus, Mplsite became your nemesis and sworn enemy, and virtually every remark he makes about either Columbus or Ohio, you feel a need to counter. Thus, this your latest "Columbus Guardian Angel' persona (combined with your projections upon others, myself included) is troublesome enough, totally predictable, and very sad.
nope. the tete a tetes are sweet. stop being a debbie downer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio