Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2013, 03:00 PM

1 posts, read 12,339 times

Advertisements

Do not!! Rescue a dog or puppy from this rescue in ohio. There puppies are from puppy mills, but charge $$hundreds of dollars for puppies that are sick, not vet checked, no papers of shot records. A real rescue will provide records from a vet that the dog or puppy has been vaccinated, wormed,and provide some type of spay and neuter for your pet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2013, 10:32 AM

1 posts, read 12,251 times
Default Changing Heart Rescue

I purchased my Papillon from there almost a year ago and they are legit. I had to get her fixed and then show them the proof I did and they reimbursed me. They told me she was a puppy mill dog that they rescued. My puppy came with her shot records so I'm not sure what happend to you. I do have to say that my puppy did have kennel cough.

Old 12-15-2013, 10:54 AM

1 posts, read 11,559 times
I adopted my labradoodle from Changing Hearts rescue about a month ago. He came with shot records and was neutered but no record of heartworm testing. He had, however, been getting regular heartworm preventative. I could not be happier with my pet! I was told up front that he was from a puppy mill and had not been socialized so I was aware of his history and potential problems. So far he has been a dream! The rescue personnel were easy to work with and made my experience very positive. I drove from Missouri to Ohio to pick up my puppy and it was totally worth it. I thought the adoption fee was quite reasonable.No wouldn't hesitate to recommend Changing Hearts rescue!

Old 12-24-2013, 12:46 AM

278 posts, read 308,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harley1234 View Post
Do not!! Rescue a dog or puppy from this rescue in ohio. There puppies are from puppy mills, but charge $$hundreds of dollars for puppies that are sick, not vet checked, no papers of shot records. A real rescue will provide records from a vet that the dog or puppy has been vaccinated, wormed,and provide some type of spay and neuter for your pet.
Can I ask how you came cross this information? Did you use to work there?

Old 01-04-2014, 06:05 PM

1 posts, read 11,440 times
I too did not have the best experience with Changing Hearts rescue. I was "told" she had been vet checked, but the paperwork was just notes written on a piece of paper. My girl also had kennel cough, a urinary tract infection and terrible digestive issues. It took months of vets visits and numerous more dollars to get her healthy. I repeatedly emailed and snail mailed my receipts when she was spayed and was continually put off for my reimbursement. I finally gave up.

Old 11-13-2014, 12:23 PM

1 posts, read 10,034 times
i just inquired about a dog at Changing Hearts Rescue. The woman was not very well informed and actually sounded a little doped. I proceeded to ask her questions, and she did not know how long the dog that I was inquiring about had been with their rescue??? It was a poodle lab mix and I asked her about the coat and grooming. She knew nothing?!.

they wanted $475.00 for this "rescue" This is not a rescue but a dog seller!

Old 11-14-2014, 12:31 PM

5,295 posts, read 5,239,871 times
I stick to breed specific rescues...they seem to be most knowledgeable and caring rescues.

I got my current Golden Retriever from a Golden Retriever Rescue Club in Charleston, SC when I lived in SC..$150 was the fee and she was fully up to date on shots, heartworm free, and had been spayed and microchipped. I'll go the same route after she crosses the rainbow bridge.

Old 11-24-2014, 11:39 AM

1 posts, read 9,889 times
Default Not a good experience either

I found a dog I was interested in at Changing Hearts Rescue and submitted an application. I got an email stating that I was approved and someone would be contacting me to arrange a meeting with the foster to meet the dog. The email stated that "all correspondence would be via email", which I thought was odd. When I tried to schedule a time, I was told that you can only schedule 48 hrs in advance of the date/time you want to meet the dog. This makes it difficult to plan anything. I also find it strange that all of their dogs are from "puppy mills"? How and why is that? Do they not pull from the local pounds? Do they know these breeders and have agreed to take the dogs that are no longer used? It all just seems very strange. I also was told after finally being able to contact the foster that several people answer the emails, but you will never get a specific name of the person you are communicating with. Every time I would try to make an appt, I would email them about a time and day (within the 48 hrs rule) and by the time they would respond (which was hours later) they would say someone else was already meeting the dog. I would be very cautious with this organization. Something seems fishy. They should be more concerned with finding the dogs the best home rather than how fast they can get them adopted.

Old 12-20-2014, 07:39 AM

2 posts, read 19,301 times
This place is a total fraud. Luckily we did not end up adopting a dog from this "place". For starters my experience was very similiar to cksnapperg. I did some research some things just do NOT add up. I tried to directly email this place and could not get a response I also tried calling. No answer. They claim to be located in Newton falls but their phone number is a Westfield center ohio number the two are no where near each other. Red flag!!! Finally, I did get ahold of someone who (I had to clarify I had the correct number) because they did not identify themselves or anything about the "rescue" when they answered) they seemed annoyed that I called and wouldn't answer my questions. They told me I had to email and they would respond to my email. I told them I had emailed many times now and no response. They said it was probably because of my "spam" settings. So I tried again.....and still nothing. So i thought I'll go try one last time so I went to the website where I saw the animal listed and went through the third party website, once I did this I FINALLY got a response. They were very willing to work with me until it came time to set up an appointment. They told me they had to set up the appointment and we could not contact them any sooner then 48 hours in advance. So we followed their protocol and surprise surprise when we emailed again the dog was no longer avaliable. I was told they can't "sit around and wait for people to get back to them" when I simply stated I was confused because that was THEIR protocol and the dog still said avaliable online they got very defensive telling me it wasn't their problem that I didn't understand.

I have a family me never who been rescuing for over 10 years from various rescues said this is not how legitimate rescues operate. A quick google search supported this as a MAJOR red flag. Changing hearts is a first come first serve because they try to unload these animals as quickly as possible. REAL rescues let you schedule an appointment and choose a family based on what's best for the dog. They were incredibly rude and when I questioned how the dog was still avaliable online I was told I was being nasty!!! Really classy....also they will not answer any questions on their Facebook page especially about price which is another major red flag. Legitimate rescues are upfront about cost, shots, etc.

Something else that did not add up, during our emails they informed me that if we were "selected" hahaha I use that term loosely that the specific doodle we emailed about would be neutered before coming home with us. So when I saw him posted on their Facebook the same day as our email (literally less then 3 hours) after our last exchange they posted that this specific dog was already neutered???

Too many red flags!!!! This place is a total fraud!!!

Old 12-20-2014, 07:45 AM

2 posts, read 19,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmckin80 View Post
I too did not have the best experience with Changing Hearts rescue. I was "told" she had been vet checked, but the paperwork was just notes written on a piece of paper. My girl also had kennel cough, a urinary tract infection and terrible digestive issues. It took months of vets visits and numerous more dollars to get her healthy. I repeatedly emailed and snail mailed my receipts when she was spayed and was continually put off for my reimbursement. I finally gave up.

Have you filed a complaint with the better business bureau? Legally they can not tell you they will reimburse you and then not. If you have proof you paid they have to especially since they sold you a sick dog!!! I'd look into filing with the BBB
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
View detailed profiles of: