Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2013, 07:47 PM

671 posts, read 1,546,683 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjimmy24 View Post
CNN is the most worthless "news" outlet of any. Pretty safe to say that pretty much anything you read from them, you should take with a grain of salt.
I'd argue that Fox News is the most worthless. They themselves even admit it as much. News Corp. Admits: Fox News Is "Opinionated News" | Blog | Media Matters for America
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2013, 08:03 PM

11,058 posts, read 12,452,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by molukai View Post
I'd argue that Fox News is the most worthless. They themselves even admit it as much. News Corp. Admits: Fox News Is "Opinionated News" | Blog | Media Matters for America
Also pretty bad. But when I was watching coverage of the Boston Marathon bombing, I found that almost everything CNN said was actually false. Fox News actually outperformed them that day, on basis of reporting facts.

Old 05-12-2013, 08:08 PM

14,682 posts, read 14,648,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianjb View Post
I'm new to Columbus. Why did you say obviously?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (please forgive typos)
It's the only city in Ohio which grew in population (significant growth, at that), which people within and out of the state relocate to en masse, and with such a diversity of career fields. The only other Midwestern city which experienced that kind of economic and population growth within the past decade was Indianapolis.

Old 05-12-2013, 10:57 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,063,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
It's the only city in Ohio which grew in population (significant growth, at that), which people within and out of the state relocate to en masse, and with such a diversity of career fields. The only other Midwestern city which experienced that kind of economic and population growth within the past decade was Indianapolis.
But have you heard how awesome Cleveland and Cincinnati are?

Old 05-13-2013, 05:50 AM

11,058 posts, read 12,452,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
But have you heard how awesome Cleveland and Cincinnati are?
Lot better than Cbus.

I'd even take Dayton over Columbus.

Last edited by bjimmy24; 05-13-2013 at 06:07 AM..

Old 05-13-2013, 06:04 AM

4,241 posts, read 7,176,546 times
Quote:
Are the statistics city-only, or for the entire metro area?
With numbers lke that, probably metro.

I think it shows disappearance of jobs = low labor market participation, meaning people either leave, retire early, etc...

Old 05-13-2013, 06:35 AM

1,295 posts, read 1,908,658 times
Quote:
Lot better than Cbus.

Think maybe NE Ohioans could get behind moving the capital to Dayton? Toledo might be a more neutral site.

Old 05-13-2013, 07:26 AM

3,530 posts, read 5,023,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
It's the only city in Ohio which grew in population (significant growth, at that), which people within and out of the state relocate to en masse, and with such a diversity of career fields...
Quote:
Originally Posted by molukai View Post
Because Columbus is awesome.
Yeah, we've all heard the folklore about Ohio's Emerald City, henceforth where a soul wings its way to a shining better life, once lifted above the drab desolation elsewhere in the state. A better place indeed; a place where magic and myth have truly become one.

Old 05-13-2013, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Lot better than Cbus.

Which only goes to show you have an unreasonable bias. Dayton? Why not Springfield.

Old 05-13-2013, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorman View Post
Yeah, we've all heard the folklore about Ohio's Emerald City, henceforth where a soul wings its way to a shining better life, once lifted above the drab desolation elsewhere in the state. A better place indeed; a place where magic and myth have truly become one.
What's ironic is that you guys do more to perpetuate that than I do. I don't think Columbus is perfect. I don't think it's the best city at everything, even in Ohio. The fact that so many people from the other 2-Cs fall all over themselves to be as negative as possible about a city that has had, as Natural mentioned, some of the best growth in the entire Midwest, just shows the kind of incredible bias that exists against it in the rest of the state. Luckily, it's pretty easy to understand why. People really aren't that hard to figure out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio