Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2006, 07:46 AM

73 posts, read 320,621 times

Advertisements

Quote:
But then, hippie, conspiracy types usually are telling the truth anyway.
best. quote. ever. period.

Old 04-24-2006, 03:33 PM

976 posts, read 3,861,555 times
want honest answers, not sugar-coated ones.

Two words, positive and Ohio, simply do not fit together considering the shape that this state is in economically, politically and environmentally.

You may call my posts negative, but they are telling it like it is.

Im not giving people sugar coated answers. Im giving them the facts. I provided websites to them if you want to check them you can. I do appreciate the fact though that you are not getting mad and taking this out of control as most people who post things and then someone disagrees with them would. I think that the words positive and Ohio can fit together. Ohio has made alot of progress since the 70s and 80s. Coming from PA i know. I dont know if you came to Ohio from another state but living in PA which is in worse economic conditions it would prove that Ohio isnt the worse. You should "Google" some states economic conditions to see what really is going on out there. Do your homework you will find some interesting truths.
Ohio has its pollution problems but so do most highly populated states. If you have over 6 million in a state and at least 2 metros with over 2 million it will be hard to fight the problem of pollution. California and NY were the most polluted states with 68 people per million getting the highest risk of cancer. And the weather in PA isnt much better if not worse. You woke up every morning with an overcast day but in PA overcast is about 6 to 7 months out of the year. I was tired of the hills and the horrible roads. And when they wanted to replace the concrete on a short overpass it took about 2 years. PA loses about 2,000 manufacturing jobs a month. Like i said i lived in metro Pittsburgh in Monroeville. Most of my family has moved out of PA to Florida, Ohio, Texas, Arizona, and Indiana. Im not a native to Ohio but i find it a great state to live in. And in Pittsburgh i dont want to even know what is in the three rivers. Pittsburgh is the 7th most polluted city in the US and Philly is #5. The facts that you have given might be outdated i dont know you have no dates on them. But you should check out facts on jobs and pollution on other states. Like i said it would suprise you. Im not saying that giving people the right information is wrong. But i think you need to realize that Ohio has positives about it. Every post that i have seen you write has had negatives. Not one single positive. You may not think they are negative but they certainly arent saying anything good. But i agree with you on some of the problems facing this state. First of get rid of Taft. But till then realize what is going on out there in other states.

Old 04-24-2006, 03:35 PM

And Ohio had the fastest growing GSP (Gross State Product) in the midwest.

Old 04-25-2006, 03:24 PM

Where is this at it is a Newark newspaper?

Old 04-25-2006, 03:52 PM

Downtown Cleveland, the central business district of the City of Cleveland and Northeast Ohio, has experienced many changes over the years. A remarkable amount of investment in the area in the mid-1990s spurred a rebirth that continues to this day, with over $2 billion in capital projects slated to involve the downtown area over the next few years. Cleveland has experienced much residential emigration from the city to its surrounding suburbs, and Downtown Cleveland is currently one of the city's neighborhoods that is gaining population. Cleveland's downtown population grew from 7,261 in 1990 to 9,599 as of the 2000 Census, and was recently rated by the Brookings Institution [1] as one of America's "Emerging Downtowns", due to its 32.2% growth rate over this period. There are several new developments, both residential and commercial, planned for downtown.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cleveland

Old 04-25-2006, 06:49 PM

And about a month ago on the AOL front page they had a thing on air pollution saying that California and NY have the highest cancer rates.

According to a December 2005 study by the Associated Press, Ohioans suffer the highest long-term health risks

California and New York have a cancer rate of 68 per million highest in the country.

Old 05-02-2006, 10:05 AM

8,954 posts, read 4,271,330 times
All posts by Ohioan have been deleted as per his request.
Regards,
markablue
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio