Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2013, 09:09 AM

32,616 posts, read 77,586,970 times

Advertisements

Would the Columbiana Maze Craze be worth the diversion?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2013, 09:27 PM

3,343 posts, read 10,932,173 times
Never been there, but corn mazes are always fun!

Old 09-15-2013, 01:16 PM

Just got home. What a truly spectacular day. Boy, was the farm ever PACKED though! Holy guacamole! There was a line to get inside when we arrived, and we had to make our own parking space in a grassy field down by the road. We took the backroads today back-and-forth. We really enjoyed Western Reserve Road and Ohio Route 165 through New Springfield down to Route 51 in PA, just outside East Palestine. Gorgeous scenery! We wanted to stop at a cute little homemade yogurt shop (Betty Jo's?) in New Springfield but just didn't have room after a large lunch! Can't wait to return to Mahoning and Columbiana Counties for more day-trip fun!

Old 09-17-2013, 10:36 AM

3,343 posts, read 10,932,173 times
Don't forget Trumbull County!

Old 09-18-2013, 01:36 PM

912 posts, read 1,732,102 times
Glad you had a great time! Next time you come up, make sure you get some pizza. Everyone has their favorite, mine is definitely Wedgewood, but you really can't go wrong anywhere that isn't a national chain. As someone who moved from the Youngstown area to Pittsburgh, the pizza is the #1 thing I miss from back home. It's so much better than anything I've had in Pittsburgh. My girlfriend and I have even driven from the Southside up 65 to Leetsdale just to get some Pizza Joes for a taste of home.

Old 09-18-2013, 01:41 PM

I'm actually surprised that Columbiana, Mahoning, and Trumbull Counties don't advertise their tourism-related offerings here in Pittsburgh. I can recall last year that Columbus had a huge tourism promotional ad appearing in the Pittsburgh CityPaper arts/entertainment weekly for its annual "Columbus Days" celebration. I'm sure many Pittsburghers (and our wallets) trekked to Columbus to partake in the festivities, too, partially on account of that advertising. Pittsburghers love flocking to Erie for day-trips. Why not advertise that there are MORE day-tripping options out there even closer in Ohio? We've been promoting your area now to our friends, colleagues, neighbors, etc. here in Pittsburgh, and some may visit. Spending a couple of hundred bucks on advertising in order to lure in thousands of dollars in new tourism money is something you'd think the local Chamber of Commerce and/or Convention & Visitors' Bureau officials would be keen on, right?

Old 10-02-2013, 06:33 PM

498 posts, read 1,507,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR_C View Post
The Lemon Grove originally opened where O'Donald's Irish Pub is now located. Then, the owner of the LG bought the building that it moved into. The owner of LG brought in the BBQ guys to run the kitchen, but that didn't work out, apparently. Now, the owner of LG brought in a new manager to run "Knox." I haven't been there, in it's new incarnation to know what their menu is like. I say all of that only because the Lemon Grove that you knew really is gone.
strange how no one else has mentioned that the lemon grove took $11,500 in kickstarter money from the pro-yo crowd for decor in the new building. Project 110 by Lemon Grove — Kickstarter. it was the hip place where the attempted gentry could "think and drink". there was message board, blog, and facebook chatter about the changes that were coming downtown because of this place.

too bad the owner did not have any experience running a business before. if the guy had started out with a business plan he might not have needed to constantly change the menu or attempt to court different clientele every other month. the owner simply hired his friends who were only inspired enough to provide rude service at a rate slower then erosion during lunch, dinner, and nighttime hours. he would then fire those same friends in drunken stupors to bring in a new bunch of friends who also had no idea what they are doing.

clearly, the pro-yo community is willing to blindly follow any boondoggle (see also: fracking). they are just as quick to drop that support once doing so is no longer "in". changing a place as beaten down as youngstown requires both research and commitment. too bad the attempted gentry has shown yet again that they are not up to the task.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio