Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2013, 07:13 AM

16,345 posts, read 18,044,304 times

Advertisements

A summary of this thread so far...

OP: "Where should I visit?"

Cleveland Posters: "Any of the 3-C's would be good. Cleveland makes the most sense if you're driving to Chicago."
Columbus Posters: "Any of the 3-C's would be good. Cleveland makes the most sense if you're driving to Chicago."
Cincinnati Posters: "Cincinnati!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2013, 07:18 AM

16,345 posts, read 18,044,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjimmy24 View Post
Some thoughts:

I've been to Cincinnati. At least 5 times. I like it there.

Post some stats for population and density please.

Cincinnati does not remind me of New York City. Have you been to New York City? What a horrible comparisson. No city in Ohio reminds me of NYC. NYC is unique.

Everyone agrees but me? So that means if people don't agree with you, you're automatically wrong. And the earth is flat. Awesome logic, bro.

You Cinci people are so defensive. Geez.

I cannot stand this usage of "unique" in comparative and superlative forms.

The downtowns are virtually the same. You people are delusional.

I also don't understand this idea that gay=superior. Presence of gay bars seems to be a huge deal for people here. Has anyone considered that OP might not be gay?
If you guys *really* want stats on density, I have them. I just don't want to post them and then be vilified by those who can't handle actual data.

Old 10-27-2013, 07:47 AM

3,678 posts, read 7,210,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
If you guys *really* want stats on density, I have them. I just don't want to post them and then be vilified by those who can't handle actual data.
No it's fine your just going to provide us with stats saying Columbus is denser, when in all actuality the data does not take in the hills or other nature evident in the city, heck even Indy is denser then cincinnati i believe in the stats but in reality cincinnati is more dense. Trust me we all know Columbus is supposedly the most dense out of three according to stats, once you go to cincinnati and Columbus you can definatly say which is more dense again because OF THE HILLS lol i like how this all goes back to cincinnati's hills, hills make a city dense, look at Pittsburgh they are very dense but on data not so much.

Old 10-27-2013, 07:49 AM

Quote:

Cleveland Posters: "Any of the 3-C's would be good. Cleveland makes the most sense if you're driving to Chicago."
Columbus Posters: "Any of the 3-C's would be good. Cleveland makes the most sense if you're driving to Chicago."
It actually started out all good until two of the Cleveland posters said stuff like this "go to cincinnati if you want your moms jeans" or something like that another poster said that because Cleveland has a lake it makes it more unique than cincinnati with its hills.

Old 10-27-2013, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleverfield View Post
Okay, then there are about 4 or 5 cities in Cleveland that have hills, but only 1 on a great lake. Hills are not unique, great lake, pretty unique.
I think the whole world can agree that a lake doesn't make a city unique, hills does WHY do you not understand this, hills actually effect the city, lakes not as much.

Old 10-27-2013, 07:53 AM

3,530 posts, read 5,018,918 times
Quote:
Please reread the OP's original request and respond to that, thus sparing everyone needless information and yourself unnecessary humiliation and feelings of victimization.

Old 10-27-2013, 08:24 AM

Quote:

Your observation is not only erroneous (ie, a number of Cincinnati posters--myself included--specifically mentioned that any of the 3-C's would be good), but also implies that Cleveland and Columbus contributors don't comprehend what they read (ie, the OP specifically mentioned that route was not a criteria).

Old 10-27-2013, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali3448893 View Post
I think the whole world can agree that a lake doesn't make a city unique, hills does WHY do you not understand this, hills actually effect the city, lakes not as much.
I really love how "The Lake" got added in Cleveland's behalf--like that's just what the OP specifically mentioned as deciding criteria.

Old 10-27-2013, 09:01 AM

3,412 posts, read 5,119,785 times
Quote:
No it's fine your just going to provide us with stats saying Columbus is denser, when in all actuality the data does not take in the hills or other nature evident in the city, heck even Indy is denser then cincinnati i believe in the stats but in reality cincinnati is more dense. Trust me we all know Columbus is supposedly the most dense out of three according to stats, once you go to cincinnati and Columbus you can definatly say which is more dense again because OF THE HILLS lol i like how this all goes back to cincinnati's hills, hills make a city dense, look at Pittsburgh they are very dense but on data not so much.
Oh, if I had a red pen for every one of your posts. So many grammatical errors in such a small space.

Old 10-27-2013, 09:05 AM

3,412 posts, read 5,119,785 times
Quote:
The 10th largest body of freshwater in the world, in the largest system of freshwater lakes in the world doesn't effect the city? What about the beaches, the commerce (billion dollar fishing industry, shipping), the recreation, the natural beauty, the weather. The great lake affects the city more than any other natural feature. How exactly do hills affect the city, other than making it difficult to navigate, and adding some nice views and vistas. By the way, Cleveland has hills too, but I'm not going to claim that they add so much greatness to the city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio