Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2014, 01:04 PM

1,870 posts, read 1,901,238 times

Advertisements

While I think you are a wealth of rumors and conspiracy theories, I think something we can agree on would be for each well operator to have to put some sort of harmless trace chemical into their frack and their waste water that specifically identifies them in the event of a spill or contamination.

The operators say that they cannot reveal their "secret" sauce that they are putting down-well, but if they want to be taken seriously that they are not harming the environment, they need to leave an audit trail to prove it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2014, 08:13 PM

220 posts, read 330,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDtheftV View Post
While I think you are a wealth of rumors and conspiracy theories, I think something we can agree on would be for each well operator to have to put some sort of harmless trace chemical into their frack and their waste water that specifically identifies them in the event of a spill or contamination.

The operators say that they cannot reveal their "secret" sauce that they are putting down-well, but if they want to be taken seriously that they are not harming the environment, they need to leave an audit trail to prove it.
Yes! How nice we can agree. :-) Now if only our leaders would, & put it above the dollars the oil industry throws their way.

Old 08-21-2014, 04:58 AM

WELCOME TO COSHOCTON, OH

Home to: waste Injection Wells (YOU JUST PASSED THEM)

They pump POISONED WATERS

under the feet of American Citizens

Anti-fracking billboards land Ohio man in hot water - The Portland Press Herald / Maine Sunday Telegram

I LOVE this guy!!

Old 08-21-2014, 08:02 AM

5,295 posts, read 5,239,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverLover11 View Post
WELCOME TO COSHOCTON, OH

Home to: waste Injection Wells (YOU JUST PASSED THEM)

They pump POISONED WATERS

under the feet of American Citizens

Anti-fracking billboards land Ohio man in hot water - The Portland Press Herald / Maine Sunday Telegram

I LOVE this guy!!
He should post those bilboards at every fracking well site

Old 08-21-2014, 08:26 PM

24,103 posts, read 32,460,014 times
Yes. Fracking is a problem. A terrible and relatively new problem. I am totally against it. However...

...here is a problem that has been with us since the turn of the century, escalating exponentially after WWII - FACTORY FARMING.

The run off from factory farms is pouting our water ways AND our vegetables and fruits. E-Coli is a mammalian born bacteria. As a vegetarian, when E-Coli shows up in a head of lettuce or a melon? Dam strait I am angry.

If you do eat meat and you are worried about the environment, rethink your positions. They are at cross purposes.

Old 08-22-2014, 04:35 AM

So true Sheena! I went vegetarian recently in part because of that. But mainly because of the horrific industrialized treatment of living animals.

That gets brought up on the water thread. Its one of the main causes of the Algae problem & the reason Ohio has the dirtiest, e-coli infested beaches in the country.

But at least it doesn't radiate us. That is slow & will only be evident after many years of destruction.

Old 10-04-2014, 11:56 PM

24,103 posts, read 32,460,014 times
I am also horrified by the treatment of Factory Farmed animals.

And yes, the algae in lake Erie can directly directly be traced to Factory Farming. And the smell.

Old 10-29-2014, 06:18 AM

Local community is fighting toxic fracking waste to be put in local landfill. That's right, not underground in an injection well but in a landfill...

Columbiana residents protest landfill expansion

By Matt Horn Published: October 28, 2014

"West Point Development, a subsidiary of Rosebud Mining, wants to expand its landfill operation to allow it to take in fracking waste.

But residents said what the company wants to do is toxic for nearby residents.

“Health concerns is a very large issue,” Rhoda Powers said.

She and her husband live 500 yards from the landfill. They were just two people in a packed room of those against the expansion."

Columbiana residents protest landfill expansion | WYTV.com

Old 10-29-2014, 09:12 AM

5,295 posts, read 5,239,871 times
I can only shake my head...storing such toxic sludge in the open in a landfill?

Old 11-17-2014, 08:52 PM

1,870 posts, read 1,901,238 times
I read a terrifying article in one of my favorite web sites that has a name like not-hedge, where 'not' is the actual number of nothing. I'll post the link if it's OK and if it's not, it will get blown away:

Subject:"3 Billion Gallons Of Fracking Wastewater Pumped Into Clean California Aquifiers."

ZeroHedge

While I'm not against fracking, I'm sure against trucking the waste all over instead of having it injected nearby and injected nearby in location and depth. It's one of the few things that RiverLover11 and I see eye-to-eye on. There are just too many ways to break rules and get away with it once the waste leaves the immediate vicinity of the well.

I have no problem putting them out of business and/or jail if they or their agents can't adhere to the rules. That goes for the trucks that conveniently leave a valve open and "drip" waste water along the roads they drive on. The water more of a contaminant than the petroleum or gas obtained by drilling.

Companies that contaminate an aquifer need to pay the cost of cleaning it up or surrender their assets. If that's not sufficient, then the company that supplied the waste should be next and so on to the company that drilled the wells.

They are not bankers nor do they work on Wall Street, so individuals can still do jail time.

Last edited by IDtheftV; 11-17-2014 at 09:04 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio