U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2016, 06:31 PM

2,149 posts, read 3,541,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beacher23 View Post
Lol, and hence because of those 2 reasons, then they stay in shape and constantly make sure they look good because there is so much competition, plus the booty down here
Whereas, in Ohio, it felt like women just didn't care about their looks or staying in shape because there really isn't any competition, and they knew guys would hit on them no matter what, compared to Florida where us guys have much more of a variety, and there is never a shortage of beautiful women
Just sayin...
I disagree! When my wife gets done shoveling the avg. 60+ inches of snow each winter. (Literrally tons). In zero degree wind-chill, over a 4 month period... She is in great shape!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2016, 08:09 PM

7,215 posts, read 4,180,440 times
I disagree. Areas with a big outdoor culture of hiking and biking in the mountains produce the best women. Something about the thin air.

Old 02-19-2016, 09:14 AM

437 posts, read 494,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1watertiger View Post
I disagree! When my wife gets done shoveling the avg. 60+ inches of snow each winter. (Literrally tons). In zero degree wind-chill, over a 4 month period... She is in great shape!
LMAO, i can't argue with that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
I disagree. Areas with a big outdoor culture of hiking and biking in the mountains produce the best women. Something about the thin air.

Lol not if they are from southern Ohio, especially SE OH, they are a little too cornfed in those parts

Old 02-19-2016, 10:23 AM

7,215 posts, read 4,180,440 times
Appalachian foothills are not mountains heh.

Old 02-19-2016, 10:29 PM

773 posts, read 474,080 times
Quote:
Lol not if they are from southern Ohio, especially SE OH, they are a little too cornfed in those parts
Northern Ohio too..pretty much anywhere in Ohio that isn't wealthy suburban. I think it's more sugar fed than corn fed nowadays...well unless corn syrup counts

Old 02-19-2016, 10:30 PM

773 posts, read 474,080 times
Quote:
Did anyone say they were?

Old 02-20-2016, 02:55 PM

1,842 posts, read 1,480,745 times
Quote:
Some people enjoy their 4 seasons ..., but really there isn't much of a Fall and Spring in Ohio anymore as Fall seems to only last about a month before the cold really kicks in, and by the time Winter ends in late March/April, there really isn't much of a Spring to enjoy.
It's always been that way. Ohio weather is much affected by large weather patterns in Northern Canada, the Gulf of Mexico, and the stuff brought in by the Jet Stream from over the Rockies. Sometimes autumn lasts for months, sometimes it's gone in a blink. It's the same in the Spring. Sometimes, the first miserable hot & humid day is not till July and sometimes it is in early May.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRnative View Post
My perception is that summer now extends into September ...
The hottest, most miserable humid day that I can remember since the 1970s is a day in September when I resigned from my job to move to Albuquerque ( Sep, 1985 ). That's saying something since I spent three semesters in Houston - one in the summer during record heat.
Quote:
They are if you grew up in Dayton.

Last edited by IDtheftV; 02-20-2016 at 03:10 PM..

Old 02-20-2016, 03:40 PM

7,920 posts, read 5,037,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDtheftV View Post
It's always been that way. Ohio weather is much affected by large weather patterns in Northern Canada, the Gulf of Mexico, and the stuff brought in by the Jet Stream from over the Rockies. ...
It baffles me as to why our winters are so starkly Canadian, while our summers are Caribbean. That is to say, our winters in SW Ohio don't differ much from those in lower Michigan (I spent 3 years there), or even from those further north. Our summers don't differ much from those in Atlanta. So we seem to get the worst of both worlds.

Transitional seasons, as others have noted, are short and wet. There's many an April, where in mid-month we'll get snow flurries, while by month's end it's already in the 80s. My preference is mild weather... cool enough to walk briskly in a business-suit without sweating, warm enough to comfortably stand at the bus-stop without an overcoat. Those days are rare around here.

Old 02-20-2016, 04:10 PM

1,842 posts, read 1,480,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio_peasant View Post
It baffles me as to why our winters are so starkly Canadian, while our summers are Caribbean. That is to say, our winters in SW Ohio don't differ much from those in lower Michigan (I spent 3 years there), or even from those further north. Our summers don't differ much from those in Atlanta. So we seem to get the worst of both worlds.
Most of the time, that's true, but I can remember delivering papers in January and February mornings when it was in the high 60s due to an incursion of Caribbean weather. There have also been weeks in June when the daytime high never got above 65.

Like I was saying, the weather in Ohio depends on the weather somewhere else. Mostly, as you said, it's the wrong somewhere else It can last just a couple of days and sometimes for weeks on end.

It really isn't all that unusual. If you shifted the UK across the planet on the same latitude line, eventually, it would plop right in Hudson's Bay. The shoreline around there is considerably different than the shoreline on that island. Compare weather in the coastal cities of San Diego ( great ) and Jacksonville ( terrible ).

Last edited by IDtheftV; 02-20-2016 at 04:18 PM..

Old 02-21-2016, 04:00 PM

5,552 posts, read 6,980,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDtheftV View Post
They are if you grew up in Dayton.
Dayton is hillier than Columbus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or