Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2015, 07:00 PM

2,365 posts, read 4,375,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWOH View Post
Yeah there's no way Bernie Sanders will be president of the USA. I mean, he seems like a great guy and I'm as liberal as they come, but he does not appeal to 75+% of voters. The Ted Cruz of the left, except he's actually a decent person and isn't a narcissistic a$* tuh-wat.

Bernie's in it to make a statement for more liberal causes, like killing the Trans-Pacific trade deal. Basically, the goal will be to force Hillary left, or at least define her position - put her under the gun, as they say. Again, something that needs to be done if Hillary can be refined into our next POTUS. What worries me more than anything is the lack of pure liberal support behind her - from individuals including people like yourself, nep321, I suspect.

If Kasich can by some miracle pull off a primary win, and Hillary does too, I'd be very happy. We'd have two great moderate candidates who have a good deal of experience, are passionate about making this country the best place it can be, and IMO wouldn't succumb to as many knee jerk reactions from personal politics - again, John Cranley of Cincinnati would be the poster child of playing personal politics on nearly every decision made, all the while sacrificing what's in the best interest of ALL Cincinnatians in return.

EDIT - Great example today. Mayor Idiot has about 5-7 narcissistic showdowns a week (I'm not mincing words because he deserves every ounce of distaste thrown at him): Cranley revives Madisonville apartment project - Cincinnati Business Courier
And this guy is a Democrat. My #1 goal is that our president is NOT like him. I will very actively campaign against people like this moronic SOB. Money, time, whatever it takes.

Both have proven they are graceful both in victory and defeat, and both have worked with the other side on numerous occasions in the past. Both have driven great results and met goals they championed through methods and means they didn't necessarily believe in coming into the problem. I have a good deal of respect for both and hope they can both make it to the final round.

But still, I'm backing Ms. Clinton 100%
explain to me again what she has accomplished in the past 6 yrs.? She makes shadyndeals with countries who sponsor terror. She takes money from countries that have abismal records on the treatment of women. She lied about Benghazi and Americans died. She told us (the public) and everyone to stick it, and destroyed records. Breaks laws and uses personal server for secretary of state position. Real secure and smart she is! A vote for her is.a vote for no dignity, no honesty, and terrible record.. I personally don't want these crooked royal families (clintons and Busches) to run our country anymore! I will vote for anyone that runs against her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2015, 07:14 PM

3,513 posts, read 5,161,281 times
^Yeah with that kind of a bias coming into the argument, I'm not going to be able to have a constructive argument with you.

Just like you won't be able to convince me that Ted Cruz isn't capable of stealing money from poor people and then spending it stuffing his gut with Caviar.

Or that Cranley is capable of making a decision that isn't directly related to a personal vendetta he holds against the 95% of the city that wants to tar and feather him out of town.

Or that Rand Paul isn't just a prop that couldn't care less about politics, and is only doing this to make "Daddy" happy.

Again, horribly biased and factually incorrect statements I just made, similar to yours. But dangit it felt good to say it, right?

Better than shouting at people on the sidewalk with a microphone, certainly.

Old 05-06-2015, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
Kasich sounds like a freak though. Didn't he say that he's "waiting for a sign from God" before deciding to run for president? I don't want a president who waits from signs from God in order to make big decisions.
Our state is experiencing better economic recovery along with other republican states(Texas,etc). Just saying. And what is wrong with a politian believing in god? Our country is overwhelming majority christian BTW. We currently have a Islamic sympathizer in office and look where we are headed now with Muslims in this country . IMO its time to put a person in office who is honest and puts this country first and makes us strong. Secure our borders. Heavily tax "un-american" companies (like ford,he,Walmart,etc) if they take jobs to cheap labor countries. Look around your house or apartment, barely anything is made in USA... Just 30 yrs. Ago most everything was made here.

Old 05-06-2015, 07:26 PM

11,669 posts, read 17,949,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1watertiger View Post
Our state is experiencing better economic recovery along with other republican states(Texas,etc). Just saying. And what is wrong with a politian believing in god? Our country is overwhelming majority christian BTW. We currently have a Islamic sympathizer in office and look where we are headed now with Muslims in this country . IMO its time to put a person in office who is honest and puts this country first and makes us strong. Secure our borders. Heavily tax "un-american" companies (like ford,he,Walmart,etc) if they take jobs to cheap labor countries. Look around your house or apartment, barely anything is made in USA... Just 30 yrs. Ago most everything was made here.
Republican states are poorer, less educated and more obese. And 66% of America's GDP comes from blue states.

Old 05-06-2015, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
Republican states are poorer, less educated and more obese. And 66% of America's GDP comes from blue states.
My point is kasich is running Ohio pretty good. He has made mistakes, but overall he has done a pretty good job.

Old 05-06-2015, 07:33 PM

Quote:
^Yeah with that kind of a bias coming into the argument, I'm not going to be able to have a constructive argument with you.

Just like you won't be able to convince me that Ted Cruz isn't capable of stealing money from poor people and then spending it stuffing his gut with Caviar.

Or that Cranley is capable of making a decision that isn't directly related to a personal vendetta he holds against the 95% of the city that wants to tar and feather him out of town.

Or that Rand Paul isn't just a prop that couldn't care less about politics, and is only doing this to make "Daddy" happy.

Again, horribly biased and factually incorrect statements I just made, similar to yours. But dangit it felt good to say it, right?

I only stated facts.. No bias in my post. Its you that need to list her accomplishments lately.. I am very interested in what you have.

Old 05-06-2015, 07:40 PM

Quote:

Is she not going to give testimony regarding her email dealings? Is she not going to be asked why she destroyed records the justice asked for? Is she not going to be giving testimony soon on contradictions in Benghazi? How is this being bias? These are current facts that are well known and will be in hearings this year... Please explain how I'm wrong.

Old 05-06-2015, 09:33 PM

7,081 posts, read 8,944,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1watertiger View Post
explain to me again what she has accomplished in the past 6 yrs.? She makes shadyndeals with countries who sponsor terror. She takes money from countries that have abismal records on the treatment of women. She lied about Benghazi and Americans died. She told us (the public) and everyone to stick it, and destroyed records. Breaks laws and uses personal server for secretary of state position. Real secure and smart she is! A vote for her is.a vote for no dignity, no honesty, and terrible record.. I personally don't want these crooked royal families (clintons and Busches) to run our country anymore! I will vote for anyone that runs against her.
The low information crowd has made up their minds, they don't want to be confused with facts.

Old 05-07-2015, 11:18 AM

5,110 posts, read 7,140,512 times
Quote:
She makes shadyndeals with countries who sponsor terror.
Cheney did business with Iran.

Quote:
She takes money from countries that have abismal records on the treatment of women
I'm sorry where do you buy your gas from?
Quote:
She lied about Benghazi and Americans died.
No, she didn't. For Christ's sake, even the GOP's own investigations (of where there were many) debunked this BS. Just stop it. You are politicizing a tragedy for political reasons and disgusting.

Old 05-07-2015, 11:19 AM

5,110 posts, read 7,140,512 times
Yes low information FOX/AM radio shock jock infortainment voters indeed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio